Trenton over Jcs

someone9999

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may not want to hear about but many "silent others" want something done yesterday. This is not about my team or your team. This is about honesty, truth and justice. Let me give you an example in a game where i was neutral. Sub-State game Greenfield vs Adamsville. I was there. It was obvious that the refs wanted Greenfield to win and they did.

Okay, it was obvious to you. It was probably obvious to the Adamsville crowd, too. But it probably wasn't as obvious to the Greenfield crowd. I can probably round up 50 at the game who thought Greenfield had to play against the cheating refs who obviously wanted Adamsville to win.

I could do the same for about any game played, honestly, regardless of justice of feeling a particular way or not.

Why was it obvious? Why would Greenfield be "chosen" to win? Did Greenfield pay the refs off? Were the officials from there? Family there? Or is it the omnious "the man" theory? I just don't get it.

If you get the right players in early foul trouble your chances of determining the outcome of the game are high.

True. But is that good strategy by the team or poor officiating? Let me answer for you. If it happens to the figurative "you", it's cheating. However, if it's the other team who gets into foul trouble, then obviously your team had a good strategy thanks to fine coaching.

The unjust cheaters and lliars who do this should be fined and banned. It is easy to spot them--a half blind man could. Where are the TSSAA officials who are supposed to evaluate these cheaters.

Well, I know a little about the game, but I don't see the mass cheating that you see. I see POOR OFFICIATING now and again, but I see more screwy calls on both ends than consistently against one team.

About the only exception is the "superstar" effect i.e. if the superstar hits, good for him. If he misses, he was obviously fouled. How could he miss otherwise?". But, this is more for a particular player as opposed to a team, and truthfully, I haven't seen it as much this year as I have in the past.

Wow what a mature thoughtful answer. That never entered my mind but cleaning up our act did. Why is integrity and honesty such a far fetched idea--are we that far gone?

Well, if you find the truth not mature or thoughtful, maybe you should re-evaluate more than the TSSAA. Face it. That's all Tennessee effectively has. Play in the TSSAA or don't play at all.

I see new teams in playoffs constantly (over a period of years). Sure, there are powerhouses out there, but they get upset and beaten now and again. It happens.

You seem to subscribe to this illuminati/Freemason/Skulls/"the man" theory that there's some kind of mass conspiracy to fix high school games. I've asked over and over again "why?", but you can't give a significant reason for the vast and far-reaching conspiracy you point out to even exist. Are they fixing the massive underground high school athletic gambling syndicate? Are they winning games for political clout? Money maybe?

Please, offer some kind of motivation for everything to be as crooked and fixed as you make it out to be, and I'll join the crusade. Till then or till I see poor one-sided calling I'll have to pass on your theory.

Again you have you done a poor job trying to put thoughts in mind and words in my mouth that never even entered my mind nor were implied in writing.

Fair enough. Then try countering with some facts or at least some kind of soluable theory instead of "it ain't fair because they're all cheating."

When refs who are blatant cheaters are exposed they should be given one warning and then put out if they persist.

Okay, let's expose some cheating refs. You provide the video tapes of the payoffs. Cancelled checks would be even better. If it's as bad as you say, SURELY you can get some audio tapes of the refs plotting the fouls per quarter strategy and points shaving. I mean, there's GOT to be a big money trail. I mean, you've got to figure game fixing a high school match-up for three local officials has got to be, what, a few hundred bucks. An official calls say 50-75 TOTAL games a year. That $5,000 per official AT LEAST plus what they pay to supervisors and even more to the upper level guys who HAVE to be in on it. Surely to goodness you can find a money trail there.

Find some evidence of all of these refs cheating, and I'll join up. Seriously.

I have seen this with my own eyes and had an acquaintance admit in a private conversation that they call against certain schools.

Tape it and expose him. If you're the champion you're asking everyone else to be, get the dirt and expose these people. Unless, of course, your friend is the only bad one in the bunch? Or he's a liar. Either way, you're witholding evidence which makes you no better.

YOU'RE THE ONE WITH THE GOODS! Out with it. Till then, your argument is pretty weak.

Last yr. after a district tourn. game in which this acquaintance called a overtly biased game he would not even look at me afterwards when i tried making eye contact with him.

Maybe we should just get rid of HIM!

Your comments here show how incredibly naive you really are. I am willing to talk to you face to face about this in May. I will be in West, TN. JCS rarely if ever gets the calls--you tell me why, it is bias of course but not the one you refer to. I will expose the injustice with names and facts if anyone has the guts to listen.

You're right. By my comments on this board, I'm pretty new to sports and people in general. Thanks for noticing.

However, you utterly and completely sidestepped every request I've made for a "why". Completely. I can only guess that you have no real idea why they "cheat". I'm also betting that you feel they only cheat against your team (JCS perhaps?).

By the Way, the rich people you speak of are the ones who pay for the thugs at public schools to get their education while at the same time threatening their kids.

Actually, we all pay. Private school parents just pay for their choice. Often times, it's a good choice for academics. With regards to thugs, there are thugs in all schools. Some use muscle, some use drugs, some use sex, and some use money. It's just a matter of how well you prepare your child to deal with all of them.

Look at it this way. Take a kid out of JCS and put him in an inner-city school somewhere with drugs and violence. Odds are, he'll be intimidated. Now, take a 250 pound thug out of that school and let him walk through his new private school parking lot full of Hummers, Infinities, and BMW's and tell him he's got to fit in and survive. Odds are, in a very different but very similar way, he'll feel the pressure and intimidation, too.

If we speak the truth, we might be called racist--so what let them call us what they will. This should not be a race issue but a truth issue. If the thug is white expose him, if he is black expose him or if he is brown expose him and let others know this behavior will not be tolerated by the TSSAA. Too many cowards around these days.

I agree to a point. Cowards? Maybe. But we also have a society ready to sue at the drop of a hat. We have a court system filled with juries who believe that a lawsuit is like a lottery ticket, too. And if they can help someone else's ticket payoff big, maybe the favor will be returned to them one day.

Let Freedom reign and Truth Prevail !!!

Sounds wonderful. It's right up there with "DO THE RIGHT THING" and "MAKE GOOD CHOICES!" Great mottos but there's no wisdom there. Wisdom lies in figuring out what freedom and truth really are and THEN letting them reign and prevail.

i was right in front of Chokes..I mean Doaks when he pushed Peter Snell of JCS right in the back running down the floor....And for the fact he had to guys on him all night...thats the reason why he ONLY had 12 points....the better player of the night was North from JCS....The student section was funny and a little more exciting...it was better than yall in your wife beaters and only saying roll tide....oh by the way, that was a nice dunk Chokes had...oh wait he MISSED it! Caleb Skogan deserves Mr. basketball not Doaks

825611057[/snapback]

Well, let's just say Doaks did push Snell. What's the big deal when 2-3 JCS players were hanging on him all night & never got a foul called. Umm...that would be called a hold. Really and truly he should have been at the foul line all night. Any way seems the Team took up the slack, just as they did when Doaks had to sit out

a couple of games. Wonder where JCS season would have ended if North had to sit out a game or two?