Is Middleton Beatable?

SR35

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question for the lake county people cause ya'll just played middleton...who is their best player? A name or number is good... what kind of tempo do they play? What kind of defense do they run? Who are their biggest guys? Do they bang? Fundamentally sound? Athletic? Shoot well? Inside game?  some help on these questions or anything else you want to tell me would be great...thanks

825610143[/snapback]

they dont have one player that stands out...they win thanks to a complete team effort. they arent a very big team but they are athletic and can shoot well. im not really sure about their tempo cause when i seen them against Bolivar they were forced into our style of play. they are very solid and deep and they will hold their own against Temple...they only lost to Bolivar by around 10 points or maybe less the game i saw.

Just a question for the lake county people cause ya'll just played middleton...who is their best player? A name or number is good... what kind of tempo do they play? What kind of defense do they run? Who are their biggest guys? Do they bang? Fundamentally sound? Athletic? Shoot well? Inside game?  some help on these questions or anything else you want to tell me would be great...thanks

825610143[/snapback]

I wasn't at the game last night but I did listen on the radio. I did hear 31 and 55 a lot. Not much info maybe someone who was there can tell you more.

I agree with chris there our gym can hold roughly around 1800 give or take a few. there were plenty of seats for every one. and about the middleton seating there were even a few middleton fans in our little section of the gym. also the parking was terrible one women pulled up in a ditch and got her car stuck another person had to get push out of some wet grass and mud. And the people that helped the person get out wanted to get paid for their service and was gona "scrap" (fight ) if they didnt. So much for doing a good deed. That really set a good example for the visitng teams fans.

I agree with chris there our gym can hold roughly around 1800 give or take a few. there were plenty of seats for every one. and about the middleton seating there were even a few middleton fans in our little section of the gym. also the parking was terrible one women pulled up in a ditch and got her car stuck another person had to get push out of some wet grass and mud. And the people that helped the person get out wanted to get paid for their service and was gona "scrap" (fight ) if they didnt. So much for doing a good deed. That really set a good example for the visitng teams fans.

825610170[/snapback]

Doesn't matter how many seats, if home team takes up 3/4 of the gym it still only leaves the visiting team 1/4.............1000 seats or 1800 seats.

If I'm not mistaken, a few years ago the TSSAA passed what I like to call the "Bradford Rule" that prevented gyms that small from hosting a sub-state game. The original figure was 1,600 if I remember correctly. Apparently this has changed in the past few years to allow gyms with a capacity of 1,000 (in 1A) to host sub-state games. Several Lake County fans I have talked to said that the Middleton gym was quite similar to that of Bradford's in the number of rows of bleachers available (maybe 6-7 rows on each side). One fan told me that it looked like the shop class had thrown together some boards to reach the required capacity of 1,000.

1,000 seats is just too danged small to be hosting a major event like a sub-state game. An instance like this reinforces my belief that sectional games should be held at neutral sites. It's a long way from Lake County to anywhere, and they might as well have been playing at Ole Miss as far as they had to drive; along the same lines, it would not have been fair to Middleton to make them drive to Tiptonville. This would mean that neither team had to travel a ridiculous distance and that there is enough seating to accomodate everyone that wants to watch the game.

I thought the two-year experiment with the sectional tournaments was a great idea and I wouldn't mind seeing them go back to that. If not, they should appoint neutral sites (all of which accomodate at least 1,500) for sub-state games. Or do away with sub-state altogether and just send the eight regional champions to Murfreesboro...oh, wait, that's 48 fewer games to fill the pockets of T$$AA. In West Tennessee, you could play the 1A games at, say, Gibson County or Westview; the 2A games at UTM or Union and the 3A games at Oman Arena or the Mid-South Coliseum.

Why would this not work?

Bigwes, I agree with you to an extent on what you said. My senior year was the last year of the 1,500 seat requirement and we had to play our sub-state game at Dresden. (That worked out pretty nice though :lol: ) So in that regards I don't like the seat requirement rule because I would have killed to play that game at Greenfield. But I also don't think it should be at a neutral site. It takes away the importance of winning the region. If you have it at a neutral site then it makes the championship game almost meaningless since you get to move on anyways. I don't think that what Middleton did as far as roping yall a section off was fair, but you get what you pay for.

And I completely hate the idea of the sectional tournament. It was a joke while it was here and always will be. It was just another way to make money. And there are already enough ways for a team to sneak into the state tournament, we don't need another one. And I love the idea of only the region champ moves on but you know we can't have that..$$$$

everyone is complaining about being crammed up but i have never been to a substate game where it wasnt crouded. these are the biggest home games of the year of course it will be packed. i dont see why the LC fans are complainin about not havin a whole side to theirselves either....can anyone honestly say they have seen an opposing team get half of the gym? yalls situation could have been worse....when Bolivar went to Giles County 2 years ago for substate they sent us 0 tickets to sell in advance, many people had to drive back home without gettin in the ball game cause it sole out, and for us who did get in we didnt have 1 section to ourselves we had to scatter out all around the gym.