BTOWN TIGERS!

btownballer07

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say, I am not hating on Bolivar they are a very good team. They have given Haywood two of their three loses this year. But this is HIGH SCHOOL NO TEAM IS UNSTOPPABLE!! I hope the players dont have the same views as some of the fans on here. If they do then they will be gone before the championship game. You cant take any team that is in Murfreesboro lightly. ALL of the teams there have to be good teams or they would not be there. So I hope that you wouldnt just pencil in Bolivar as the STATE CHAMPIONS. There are seven other teams there that are hungry to be named the next AA champs. I know for a fact that Haywood is one of them. Learn a lesson from the UNSTOPPABLE Mitchell Tigers. The game cannot be talked it has to be played on the floor.

First let me say, I am not hating on Bolivar they are a very good team.  They have given Haywood two of their three loses this year.  But this is HIGH SCHOOL  NO TEAM IS UNSTOPPABLE!!  I hope the players dont have the same views as some of the fans on here.  If they do then they will be gone before the championship game.  You cant take any team that is in Murfreesboro lightly.  ALL of the teams there have to be good teams or they would not be there.  So I hope that you wouldnt just pencil in Bolivar as the STATE CHAMPIONS.  There are seven other teams there that are hungry to be named the next AA champs.  I know for a fact that Haywood is one of them.  Learn a lesson from the UNSTOPPABLE Mitchell Tigers.  The game cannot be talked it has to be played on the floor.

825617718[/snapback]

trust me we know we are beatable. i dont think whoever started this topic actually thinks we are unstoppable....if he does he hasnt been to many games this year, we've lost what, 5 games maybe? there are 4 teams that i think have a shot at winnin it all....3 of those are on our side of the bracket so we know its gonna be tough to repeat.

trust me we know we are beatable. i dont think whoever started this topic actually thinks we are unstoppable....if he does he hasnt been to many games this year, we've lost what, 5 games maybe? there are 4 teams that i think have a shot at winnin it all....3 of those are on our side of the bracket so we know its gonna be tough to repeat.

825617813[/snapback]

Btown,

Thats why I have come to appreciate your posts. I know that you are a Bolivar fan and I respect that. It seems that you are realistic in what you say. People should know by now that I am a Haywood Tomcat fan. But I try not to cloud my views just because I am. I keep an open mind and realize that anyone can be beaten on any given night. Some people however think just because they cheer for a particular team that no one can beat that team. Their ideas are unrealistic. This should be a good state tournament because the teams that I feel have a legitimate shot at winnining arent all playing each other in the first round like last year. It will at least be the semifinal round before some of those teams meet.

Btown,

Thats why I have come to appreciate your posts.  I know that you are a Bolivar fan and I respect that.  It seems that you are realistic in what you say.  People should know by now that I am a Haywood Tomcat fan.  But I try not to cloud my views just because I am.  I keep an open mind and realize that anyone can be beaten on any given night.  Some people however think just because they cheer for a particular team that no one can beat that team.  Their ideas are unrealistic.  This should be a good state tournament because the teams that I feel have a legitimate shot at winnining arent all playing each other in the first round like last year.  It will at least be the semifinal round before some of those teams meet.

825617834[/snapback]

thanks...of course i feel like we will win it all, as any true fan would, but i know there are other teams with enough talent to bring home the gold ball as well so im not gonna claim that we will just run over the competition. i agree the first round matchups arent as bad as last year except for yalls. Haywood and MLK are 2 of the 4 teams i think are capable of winning it all and one will be done after the first round. good luck to yall im hoping we get to see another Haywood/Bolivar game in the semis....if its anything like the first 2 it wont dissapoint anybody.

Btown,

We have gotten shafted with the brackets every year for the past three years. The first year we played Southside a team that we had played twice that season already. Played in one of the best state tournament games ever and won that. Went on to face Giles Co. and they beat us by a couple points and won the whole thing. Last year we played SouthSide AGAIN. Lost to them by about 3 points we had played them twice in the season too. We lose to them and they end up playin Bolivar for the championship. This year we have to start out with MLK who will not be a push over. Might end up playing Bolivar to make it to the championship game. The road is HARD but it is passable. I would love to see a rematch with Bolivar. In the words of Rick Flair, "To be the best you have to beat the best." The only thing I dont like is the fact that not many people respect Haywood and their abilities. We have played some of the toughest competition around and come out victorious or lost by a few points and no one seems to think they have what it takes to get to the Championship game. Even when I looked on the Big Ones earlier 54% of the people thought MLK will win. Guess we will have to shock the world.

Btown,

We have gotten shafted with the brackets every year for the past three years.  The first year we played Southside a team that we had played twice that season already.  Played in one of the best state tournament games ever and won that.  Went on to face Giles Co. and they beat us by a couple points and won the whole thing.  Last year we played SouthSide AGAIN.  Lost to them by about 3 points we had played them twice in the season too.  We lose to them and they end up playin Bolivar for the championship.  This year we have to start out with MLK who will not be a push over.  Might end up playing Bolivar to make it to the championship game.  The road is HARD but it is passable.  I would love to see a rematch with Bolivar.  In the words of Rick Flair, "To be the best you have to beat the best."  The only thing I dont like is the fact that not many people respect Haywood and their abilities.  We have played some of the toughest competition around and come out victorious or lost by a few points and no one seems to think they have what it takes to get to the Championship game.  Even when I looked on the Big Ones earlier 54% of the people thought MLK will win.  Guess we will have to shock the world.

825617956[/snapback]

i remember last year as we played MLK i thought this is probably the best high school game ive ever seen the two teams stars took over the game Brian Lake and Johnny Lee and made that game alone worth the price of admissions. they had a lot of that team coming back and will play with the same heart and drive this year. Haywood is gonna have their hands full. Should be the best game of the first round the potential semi final with bolivar might be the best game of the tourney

i remember last year as we played MLK i thought this is probably the best high school game ive ever seen the two teams stars took over the game Brian Lake and Johnny Lee and made that game alone worth the price of admissions. they had a lot of that team coming back and will play with the same heart and drive this year. Haywood is gonna have their hands full. Should be the best game of the first round the potential semi final with bolivar might be the best game of the tourney

825618000[/snapback]

toimac? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? whats this we stuff? you couldnt even keep the score book. Now, get back to your walmart job of greeting.

toimac? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? whats this we stuff? you couldnt even keep the score book. Now, get back to your walmart job of greeting.

825618076[/snapback]

u cant possibly kno me otherwise u wouldnt do all this talkin your right i couldnt make the team but i can probably beat u if u wanna talk u can come to knoxville and take two buttwhuppins

u cant possibly kno me otherwise u wouldnt do all this talkin your right i couldnt make the team but i can probably beat u if u wanna talk u can come to knoxville and take two buttwhuppins

825618357[/snapback]

toothlessmac: sorry I'm straight, maybe you can find one of those silly folks in Knoxville. Dont bend over!