best catcher

shsbsbll33

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Brad Loy has the defensive edge over Tyler, but Tyler is better with his bat. I agree that they are two of the best.

But let me throw one more name out, Mark Ramsey from Hixson is a wall behind the plate and has an above average arm with a pretty good bat as well. He ended up batting around .375 last year and had 5 or 6 homers. He threw out quite a few people too.

Edited by shakinbake22

I'm sure Markum is good, but if he was that good, we wouldn't be talking about Loy.

825609452[/snapback]

My opinion: Loy has a very small edge over Markum on the defensive side, and Markum is a little more dangerous with the bat...the advantage Loy has over Markum is experience. Loy has started all 4 years - he has caught 2 MLB draft picks (Adam Howard and Adam Trent), Will Spann (currently one of Chatt State's top pitchers) and of course yours truly! haha!! Anyways, he's got the experience and leaderhip behind the plate...plus, Markum can play infield and/or outfield as well. Or DH!