CHESTER COUNTY vs. AUSTIN-EAST

hyde157

Alright guys, its the last AA girls game of the year.  Probably David and Goliath to some people.  What are the thoughts of everyone and predictions? 

Mine?  Either way it falls, it will be a blow out. 

I'm going to call the HEN-TOWN EAGLES BY 20!!!!!

825615614[/snapback]

No offense, but i hope AE gets run out of the gym. I watched their opening round game and I thought they acted very unsportsmanlike. I did not think they showed their coach any respect either. Ex. Coach had to tell the same player over and over in the huddle to slide over about 3 seats so she could hear him. She would slide over and never turn his way. Disrespectful, and also a technical and intentional foul in their game. I understand if it is coincidence but it doesn't seem likely. Just an opinion and I am sure they have many girls very deserving, but it sometimes get overshadowed by the few. Good luck to both.

AE is more athletic overall, but I agree seems to lack discipline. The player that got the stupid I/T foul that almost cost them the game was a freshman and the coach did sit her down after that, but that was her fourth foul I think. She is very talented but definitely has an attitude. Chester County is a very well coached team. The players all seem to know their roles. Holiday is an outstanding PG and Thomas may be the best player Ive seen all year. If Chester can handle the relentless AE pressure and play AE on defense as hard as they played EHS, then I think Chester will win. Both teams play very physical on defense. Should be an outstanding game.

Edited by coaches_corner

No offense, but i hope AE gets run out of the gym.  I watched their opening round game and I thought they acted very unsportsmanlike.  I did not think they showed their coach any respect either.  Ex.  Coach had to tell the same player over and over in the huddle to slide over about 3 seats so she could hear him.  She would slide over and never turn his way.  Disrespectful, and also a technical and intentional foul in their game.  I understand if it is coincidence but it doesn't seem likely.  Just an opinion and I am sure they have many girls very deserving, but it sometimes get overshadowed by the few.  Good luck to both.

825615626[/snapback]

I was at the OC-Austin East game as well. A-E is there strictly from their talent. I also noticed a couple of times that one player might be sitting near the end of the bench during a time out. I was really hoping that OC could capitalize on the lack of discipline that A-E had. I have seen a few quotes and replies about what a great coach A-E has. He may be a fine person but has very little control. He hardly ever used more than half the time alotted during time outs so obviously there was no instruction in the huddle. I am sure someone will say that talent is all you need and this year you may be right. However, A-E is young, and if their coach has very little control now just beware of the next few years to come. ;)

I was at the OC-Austin East game as well.  A-E is there strictly from their talent.  I also noticed a couple of times that one player might be sitting near the end of the bench during a time out.  I was really hoping that OC could capitalize on the lack of discipline that A-E had.  I have seen a few quotes and replies about what a great coach A-E has.  He may be a fine person but has very little control.  He hardly ever used more than half the time alotted during time outs so obviously there was no instruction in the huddle.  I am sure someone will say that talent is all you need and this year you may be right.  However, A-E is young, and if their coach has very little control now just beware of the next few years to come.  ;)

825615792[/snapback]

Very good topic. AE has alot of talent, and Chester County has the coaching. This will be a great matchup. I predict Chester by 7. When the game gets close, especially with great talent on both sides, the better coached team will pull away.