Clarksville

play2live

With all the talk about players leaving and what not. How good is Clarksville High School, do they deserve being number 11 or are they overrated, and will they finally lose the district? What's your thoughts and if they will lose the district: who will win and will they be the runnerups then?

i think that this may be rossview's year.  they have several good seniors on the team (or they should they had several juniors last year).  how many senior does clarksville have and are they the quality of what rossview has.

825617029[/snapback]

Rossview should have a great opportunity this year with 4 starting seniors from Clarksville quitting. That leaves Shelton who's been injured and a few other seniors that don't have travel experience. Once again Donahue sabotaged another year with his foul treatment of his players resulting in 10 quitting during preseason and only 5 returning. By the way, no one quit because they didn't want to play! If you started a thread about the worst coach in Tennessee it would be him.

Yes, Donahue has had some success in the past and the players that quit were involved in the bid for runner up vs Bearden in 2002. BUT that doesn't make how he treats his players ok. This issue is being brought before the school board and there are MANY alumni and their Clarksville familes that will support our claim for his poor behavior. PERSONAL? OF COURSE! Even parents from Nashville travel teams are calling with their support. It doesn't make it ok for ANY coach to verbally abuse players, especially on a personal level. By the way, he's had success BECAUSE his players have had travel experience despite his crappy coaching. Everyone knows that he doesn't even give the halftime coaching talk to his team but allows the seniors to lead the team....and so they lead this time to a walkout and although it hasn't worked out in their favor they've learned some lessons about trusting and what TEAM means.

eagle, I remember something from last year that said he was the one of the best coaches last year. However, I have also heard about how he made fun of a mentally challenged kid (doesn't he teach that kind of class though). I am not saying that he is not an (you know what) because he definitely is, but from the outside I thought he was a good coach. I heard that many of them quit because of a baseball incident that was going to affect them.

You could be right about the club soccer though, as club soccer has many talented players. I would even say that some of the talented players don't even play club in Clarksville.

why did they wait till senior year to quit, seems kinda pointless really. if they'd put up with his coaching "techniques" the past 3 years what is one more year gonna do to em. from what i'd heard they were going to have a really good team, but seems to be there defense is suckin a little bit i've been watchin local scores and they cant seem to pull out the victories. farragut murdered em (thats understandable though)