Why so much HATE for the Peabody Lady Tide?

ILOVETHETIDE

What do you mean, "advantages like recruiting"" That is Division II. Did you notice that no private school won any of the state tournament championships? Do you have any evidence that any private school recruited?

825622011[/snapback]

Please..........if you choose to go to a public school, you have to go to the one who's district you live in. ANYONE can go to a private school and you cannot tell me that coaches have NEVER recruited athletes. Some athletes get "scholarships" to play basketball, football, baseball, softball, soccer, golf, etc. at certain private schools. Some private schools do not do this, but you know as well as I do IT HAPPENS, a lot.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Please..........if you choose to go to a public school, you have to go to the one who's district you live in.  ANYONE can go to a private school and you cannot tell me that coaches have NEVER recruited athletes.  Some athletes get "scholarships" to play basketball, football, baseball, softball, soccer, golf, etc.  at certain private schools.  Some private schools do not do this, but you know as well as I do IT HAPPENS, a lot.

825622219[/snapback]

I'm sure Shelbyville NEVER recruited. Oh wait thats a public school, they don't do that. ;)

Peabodymom- The only school to be disciplined for recruiting this year was Cheatham County High School...NOT a private school. Look, private schools do have advantages, but recruiting is not one of them because public schools can and do recruit just as much as public schools do...and scholarships are reserved for division II athletes, not single A division one athletes...and let's talk about the numerous athletes that move to go to different public schools, so NO you don't have to go to the school where you live...only have to move to a different county/school zone..MANY do it every year!

All that being said, I loved watching Peabody play at the state tournament...like their style. Congratulations on an incredible run the last few years.

Edited by HickoryHusker