My State AAA Prediction for this year

KYdigsTN

Just thought I would go out on a limb like last year and make an early prediction for a state champion. My pick for AAA this year is "Independence". Pretty bold pick i think considering they have to get past Franklin and Brentwood just to get out of district. My reason is based on the fact that three girls on this team played for a national championship club team at the 15's age level. These three girls should be juniors this year if I'm figuring it right. My guess is this team has a very good supporting cast that are club players also. As long as I'm making long shot predictions i'll go out even further and say Independence will win it next year also. Dont really care one way or another, just want to pop in at the end of the year and see how close i was.

I wont be on here much at all this year as Lafayette does not play in TN. Good luck to all your favorite teams!

Thanks for your input, KYdigsTN, as I'm always interested in your predictions. Independence should fare very well in their district, but there's always Brentwood. I have also heard that Ravenwood is pretty strong, but I have not actually seen them. Franklin is adjusting to new Coach Jeff Frazier, but will probably be a factor as well. Sorry to hear that Lafayette will not be coming to TN this season for any tournaments as they always add excitement and are certainly a very good team. Good luck and maybe we will see you in the future.

Just thought I would go out on a limb like last year and make an early prediction for a state champion. My pick for AAA this year is "Independence". Pretty bold pick i think considering they have to get past Franklin and Brentwood just to get out of district. My reason is based on the fact that three girls on this team played for a national championship club team at the 15's age level. These three girls should be juniors this year if I'm figuring it right. My guess is this team has a very good supporting cast that are club players also. As long as I'm making long shot predictions i'll go out even further and say Independence will win it next year also. Dont really care one way or another, just want to pop in at the end of the year and see how close i was.

I wont be on here much at all this year as Lafayette does not play in TN. Good luck to all your favorite teams!

Sorry, they do have a nice team but probably won't get out of the district this year. Brentwood , while not loaded as in the past is still the team to beat, but Independence will struggle with Franklin, Centennial AND the new kid on the block Ravenwood. Experienced coaching as well as setting will be an issue for them. True they have a lot of club girls (I believe they all play club somewere), obviously time will tell.

KYD, I understand the basis of your prediction (considering past posts) and therefore I think it makes sense. But something to consider, most all of the girls in that District play club ball.

On another note, on the GC schedule, I saw were they have a couple of big matches, one on 9/18 and another on 10/23. Unfortunately, with those occuring in the middle of the week and considering the drive time, I won't probably be there. Good luck this season!

KYD, I understand the basis of your prediction (considering past posts) and therefore I think it makes sense. But something to consider, most all of the girls in that District play club ball.

On another note, on the GC schedule, I saw were they have a couple of big matches, one on 9/18 and another on 10/23. Unfortunately, with those occuring in the middle of the week and considering the drive time, I won't probably be there. Good luck this season!

Don't you feel fortunate not being close enough to play out of district games with some of the teams in that district. One thing is sure. They very likely beat each up in District play and they will have battles which will almost fill up the gym. Brentwood will be no pushover.

Last year Knox Cath was a fairly easy prediction to at least make it well into the tournament because of the lack of club players in A/AA. You are right though. In AAA, all the the great teams are loaded with talent, especially in that district. Just thought it would be fun to pick somebody other than Brentwood and see how it plays out.

Just found out today that the LW coach is leaving to coach at Southern IL. LW also lost a couple key players from last years team that will hurt them. Dont see them competiting with GC very well this year like last year, but you never know. Hopefully we will meet at some point this season. My guess is you will show up for the conference tournament at the end of the year in louisville.

I heard my daughters friend Kyla from Lafayette is rooming with your daughter this year at GC. She's a nice young lady.

Just found out today that the LW coach is leaving to coach at Southern IL. LW also lost a couple key players from last years team that will hurt them. Dont see them competiting with GC very well this year like last year, but you never know. Hopefully we will meet at some point this season. My guess is you will show up for the conference tournament at the end of the year in louisville.

I heard my daughters friend Kyla from Lafayette is rooming with your daughter this year at GC. She's a nice young lady.

Sorry to hear that about your coach. Yes, I will hopefully be in Jtown at the conference tourney. Finally, yes Whit is rooming with Kyla. They met each other during club season and seem to get along well. We are heading up this Sunday to drop her off! Going to be an interesting / tough time, especially for my wife.

Sorry, they do have a nice team but probably won't get out of the district this year. Brentwood , while not loaded as in the past is still the team to beat, but Independence will struggle with Franklin, Centennial AND the new kid on the block Ravenwood. Experienced coaching as well as setting will be an issue for them. True they have a lot of club girls (I believe they all play club somewere), obviously time will tell.

If you look at the 10 teams mentioned in the Tennessean Middle Tennessee Picks, if I'm not mistaken, 8 of the 10 teams have all Club players. Yes, certainly most of them are in District 11 but not all. District 11 does not play two round robins nor does some other Districts. this is really not consistant thruout the state. It is likely that some are really taking a chance with only one shot and very likely will be disappointed. Seems like a rule change is fixing to happen with VB getting as competitive as it is and some Districts now beginning to provide megatalented teams.

Announcements