4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

Never to early to talk hoops. CAK probably goes undefeated this season in the district, I was wondering what everyone else thought. My prediction for the upcoming year:

1. CAK too much talent and now Hooper is back.

2. Catholic, if everyone is healthy they could finish second. The Lady Irish return 4 starters and their top three subs from last year.

3. Alcoa always tough and competitive for their size. They also have very good coach.

4. Scott they have some good shooters not much depth.

5. Kingston, I know nothing about them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa lost only one player to graduation, Kayla Newman. Far as I know, everyone else is back. Hannah Troutt and Tara Shields, our main 3-point shooters are back, but of course, there will be nights when the shots aren't falling, like our last game. Depending on how Erica Anthony has developed, she could be a big presence in the middle.

Alcoa lost only one player to graduation, Kayla Newman. Far as I know, everyone else is back. Hannah Troutt and Tara Shields, our main 3-point shooters are back, but of course, there will be nights when the shots aren't falling, like our last game. Depending on how Erica Anthony has developed, she could be a big presence in the middle.

I didn't realize that Alcoa only lost one player. I would put them second and the Lady Irish 3rd.

• 4 weeks later...

CAK and Alcoa will probably be 1 and 2 again. That district final last year still hurts some, LOL, but it was a great game to watch.

Probably so but Brittany Scott (Sr.) from Catholic is averaging 18 ppg in the Sole to Sole and she's consistently hitting her outside shot. IF and I do mean IF she can carry that over to the season (she was scoring points for the Irish during the summer camps too) and with Hanna and Hope Hopson (both Seniors), DeLaney Lowery (Sr.), Susan Kenny (Jr) and Allie McLaughlin (Sr.) back the Irish could be a contender (that's a lot of size but not much speed). However, Alcoa was the one team they didn't match up with at all last year. And CAK is loaded. So third place is probably where we could/should finish. With so many experienced seniors it should be an interesting year. Injuries have truly hurt the careers and success of some of these ladies it would be nice to see them go out on a positive note. Scott has had two ACL surgeries and broken her right foot twice, Hanna Hopson has had two ACL surgeries on both knees, Kenny has had surgery in both feet, Lowery played on broken foot last year. Then their bus flips over on the way to regionals and girls broke bones ugh! So something good has to take place!

Probably so but Brittany Scott (Sr.) from Catholic is averaging 18 ppg in the Sole to Sole and she's consistently hitting her outside shot. IF and I do mean IF she can carry that over to the season (she was scoring points for the Irish during the summer camps too) and with Hanna and Hope Hopson (both Seniors), DeLaney Lowery (Sr.), Susan Kenny (Jr) and Allie McLaughlin (Sr.) back the Irish could be a contender (that's a lot of size but not much speed). However, Alcoa was the one team they didn't match up with at all last year. And CAK is loaded. So third place is probably where we could/should finish. With so many experienced seniors it should be an interesting year. Injuries have truly hurt the careers and success of some of these ladies it would be nice to see them go out on a positive note. Scott has had two ACL surgeries and broken her right foot twice, Hanna Hopson has had two ACL surgeries on both knees, Kenny has had surgery in both feet, Lowery played on broken foot last year. Then their bus flips over on the way to regionals and girls broke bones ugh! So something good has to take place!

I still can't believe the bus wrecked, even though those roads up in Gatlinburg are easy to drive off of. Alcoa will be good, but if you can catch them on a night when the shots aren't falling (like Pigeon Forge did), then they're vulnerable.

i am so excited for this year! the team that cak will put on the court will be special and if im not mistaken they will get gatlinburg pittman twice this year as well as their tough "night in- night out" 4aa schedule. looking forward to 3-aa and 4-aa region match-ups already.   gonna be a great year in girls bball

i am so excited for this year! the team that cak will put on the court will be special and if im not mistaken they will get gatlinburg pittman twice this year as well as their tough "night in- night out" 4aa schedule. looking forward to 3-aa and 4-aa region match-ups already.   gonna be a great year in girls bball

CAK should win state.