Memphis teams should bring back more gold balls with new classifications

BTWSheriff

Most Memphis schools have been playing up in class but now it looks like a lot of them have decided to play based on enrollment. By the looks of things 2A-6A should have some strong teams in Memphis. Here are what some of the stronger teams are doing

Trezevant and Manassas drop to 2A

Melrose drops to 3A

Ridgeway, East, Hamilton, Millington drop to 4A

Memphis Central to 5A

How you think this new classification will help Shelby County in basketball? The Memphis area has been stronger for years with the new classification do you think this will make them stronger or should I take this over to the basketball board?

With Mitchell and BTW in 1A, ridgeway, east, and hamilton in 2A, and Southwind, white station etc in 3A the chances look very good to pull off a sweep. All these teams have gold balls in recent years. Except hamilton but we know their talent level

How you think this new classification will help Shelby County in basketball? The Memphis area has been stronger for years with the new classification do you think this will make them stronger or should I take this over to the basketball board?

I don't think there is going to be a change in other sports, is there? I think it is football only.