Bearden 2015

NewB

GV91, you would not be saying this if Bearden had not lined up their best player in the power I and gone to the running game to overcome a 14 point deficit to score 34 unanswered points and win 34-14. makes you wonder why they did not do that more last year.

If WB had taken care of business those 34 unanswered points would not have even mattered and I would even argue that they would have never even scored a TD. WB squandered so many opportunities in the 1st 1 1/2 quarters it wasn't even funny. They were gouging Bearden's defense for 10,15,and 20 yards a play but stupid penalties and turnovers killed 4 or 5 drives in the redzone. The score should have been 42 or 49 to zip at halftime but instead we turned the ball over right before halftime and bearden returned that interception inside the redzone and were able to score to make it 14-7. And that gave them life and they were able to make adjustments and take over the game in the 2nd half. The Govs have had a habit of blowing games since '07, especially against Bearden. I don't think we have beaten them since '99 or 2000. Edited by Governors91

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Maryville game that night and just about fell down the steps when they announced that score. The first thing I though of was that William Blount must of quit playing at the end of eight minutes into each quarter.

They officially packed it up in the middle of the 2nd qtr. That's not to say they showed up to begin with though. Give credit to Bearden for fighting back but that loss is still unexcusable.

Well there is one win. Anyone else want to go ahead and give Bearden a win. GV91, you would not be saying this if Bearden had not lined up their best player in the power I and gone to the running game to overcome a 14 point deficit to score 34 unanswered points and win 34-14. makes you wonder why they did not do that more last year.

Ahhh yes, the "put your big boy in the power I and play smash mouth football" guy.  Someone call Butch Jones.

Edited by BigPoppaPump

Guest nothingelsematters

Who is the new OC. Maybe a change will help out, but what are his qualifications and background/experience to be in charge of an offense at this level of competition.

Who is the new OC. Maybe a change will help out, but what are his qualifications and background/experience to be in charge of an offense at this level of competition.

Caught a game this year with my buddy who's got a son on the team. I hope they hired a new OL guy first and foremost. That's where the games have always been won and lost, any level.

Caught a game this year with my buddy who's got a son on the team. I hope they hired a new OL guy first and foremost. That's where the games have always been won and lost, any level.

While I agree with your point that the OL is very important I disagree that the OL is always what wins or loses you the game. I can say that with certainty after seeing WB's QB throw countless interceptions and seeing our RBs fumble it in the redzone more than a few times this past season. You can't blame those things on the OL.

Guest nothingelsematters

Just clean house. Knoxdad must be an expert.  Saw one game. Maybe KnoxDad and his buddy can get the parents together and get things going in the right direction!

Just clean house. Knoxdad must be an expert.  Saw one game. Maybe KnoxDad and his buddy can get the parents together and get things going in the right direction!

Never claimed to be an expert, but what makes you think you're one? Are you the only fan allowed to have an opinion on Bearden? No sense in talking like a football genius when you have the same view from the bleachers I do on Fridays.

While I agree with your point that the OL is very important I disagree that the OL is always what wins or loses you the game. I can say that with certainty after seeing WB's QB throw countless interceptions and seeing our RBs fumble it in the redzone more than a few times this past season. You can't blame those things on the OL.

That's fair, Gov. True words.