Bearden 2015

NewB

2011 was actually the last year Alex Rouse was on staff at Powell with Matt Lowe.  He left in the 2012 off-season to coach at Bearden with a teaching job at WVMS.  His uncle Chuck was already on staff then with the Bulldogs.  Rang was hired at Powell for 2012, and then was a GA at Carson Newman for 2013.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2011 was actually the last year Alex Rouse was on staff at Powell with Matt Lowe.  He left in the 2012 off-season to coach at Bearden with a teaching job at WVMS.  His uncle Chuck was already on staff then with the Bulldogs.  Rang was hired at Powell for 2012, and then was a GA at Carson Newman for 2013.

Yep, I sit corrected.  Rouse was there Matt Lowe's last year.  Brain overload last night.  

If memory serves, Rouse was hired at Powell late in the process and with the way Knox County works his job wasn't "permanent" but temporary, which means he had to reapply for a permanent job after that temporary year.  

And I liked Alex then, like the kid now.  I think he has a lot of potential as a football coach.  Perhaps he was thrown in to the fire a bit too soon in his career as the OC at Bearden?  

He'll find the right opportunity as a follow up to his early gig, just as Rang did at Dresden.  

Edited by HTV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...