District/ Region team awards

oldschoolhoops

The host school is in charge of selection of All Tournament Team and conducts that process any way they see fit.  Either selection committee....administrator from host school....individual sportswriter from the area.....?   I don't think it is even discussed amoung the coaches of the participation schools, but it should be.

That was a huge injustice to Oneida Girls Basketball Team by whoever selected the All-Region Team at Harriman High School.  Explain this:  Oneida beat Harriman by about 14 or so and played Meigs Co. to overtime in the Semi-Finals before losing by 4.  Harriman got two girls on All Region Team......Oneida ZERO.  Host School:  Harriman HS :thumb:

Kazzy

Definitely should be a coaches meeting for nominations and such... When I was playing 8AAA back in the day, seems like they had a coaches meeting at the district tournament and did nominations for all district team and a secret ballot of sorts for voting. I could be wrong, but I think that's what they did. Either way I was under the impression that the selections were made before the tournament was played out, hence each team's best season player was selected even if they played "flat" in the tournament and were not the outstanding player. 

The host school is in charge of selection of All Tournament Team and conducts that process any way they see fit.  Either selection committee....administrator from host school....individual sportswriter from the area.....?   I don't think it is even discussed amoung the coaches of the participation schools, but it should be.

That was a huge injustice to Oneida Girls Basketball Team by whoever selected the All-Region Team at Harriman High School.  Explain this:  Oneida beat Harriman by about 14 or so and played Meigs Co. to overtime in the Semi-Finals before losing by 4.  Harriman got two girls on All Region Team......Oneida ZERO.  Host School:  Harriman HS :thumb:

Kazzy

How many total players were chosen?

Lost in all the rush of "moving on", is that there is not much consideration for the feelings of the players that were deserving for their efforts in the region tournament.  I fully recognize this is a team game and the most important aspect is written across the front of your jersey.  Oneida did not advance, but their players gave a valiant effort that came up short of the final.  Much more individual effort was expended than Harriman's players that were recognized for their ONE game achievement in a 16 point loss.  Sports teaches us about fair play and honorable efforts.....I question the "honor" of the All-Region Selections in this tournament.  To say kids aren't feeling resentment towards "fairness" is an understatement.  Ultimately, the kids that represented Oneida got seriously disrespected by adults.

Kaz

If this constitutes as whining, then I can wear that badge happily in this regard because it is an injustice.  At an early age your kids are taught right from wrong......usually those lessons have already been taught to adults.  I heard a Knoxville Sportswriter had some choice opinions concerning this too.

Kaz