Region 7 5A

topnight

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarksville squares off against Portland this week. Clarksvile doesnt have very much size according to someone on the inside. Should be quick though. Rossview didnt look like much in their spring game. The linemen were huge but weren't very athletic. The RB Isaiah Phillips was the only bright spot apparently. He's not their typical bruiser more of a scat back. DC was better than expected against Beech. The QB was very sharp. Runnung game was solid. Transfer in from MS to go along with the rising soph stud. The WR that transferred from NE is now playing primarily playng DB, was very impressive. Great athlete had a nice pick amd return. Clearly the best athlete on the field. However , the line is suspect. HC of course never plays well in the spring or scrimmages. They pretty much hold back I believe.  NE pretty much has everybody coming back. If theyre disciplined then they should be considered a force.Pretty much the same deal for Brentwood, they didnt lose much. I havent heard anything about Centennial. The middle part of the district looks up for grabs the last two playoff spots especially..

Edited by KICKROX

Clarksville squares off against Portland this week. Clarksvile doesnt have very much size according to someone on the inside. Should be quick though. Rossview didnt look like much in their spring game. The linemen were huge but weren't very athletic. The RB Isaiah Phillips was the only bright spot apparently. He's not their typical bruiser more of a scat back. DC was better than expected against Beech. The QB was very sharp. Runnung game was solid. Transfer in from MS to go along with the rising soph stud. The WR that transferred from NE is now playing primarily playng DB, was very impressive. Great athlete had a nice pick amd return. Clearly the best athlete on the field. However , the line is suspect. HC of course never plays well in the spring or scrimmages. They pretty much hold back I believe.  NE pretty much has everybody coming back. If theyre disciplined then they should be considered a force.Pretty much the same deal for Brentwood, they didnt lose much. I havent heard anything about Centennial. The middle part of the district looks up for grabs the last two playoff spots especially..

KICKROX, Did you mean HC against Beech instead of DC? Were you there? Just thought I missed something if DC played Beech. 

Clarksville squares off against Portland this week. Clarksvile doesnt have very much size according to someone on the inside. Should be quick though. Rossview didnt look like much in their spring game. The linemen were huge but weren't very athletic. The RB Isaiah Phillips was the only bright spot apparently. He's not their typical bruiser more of a scat back. DC was better than expected against Beech. The QB was very sharp. Runnung game was solid. Transfer in from MS to go along with the rising soph stud. The WR that transferred from NE is now playing primarily playng DB, was very impressive. Great athlete had a nice pick amd return. Clearly the best athlete on the field. However , the line is suspect. HC of course never plays well in the spring or scrimmages. They pretty much hold back I believe. NE pretty much has everybody coming back. If theyre disciplined then they should be considered a force.Pretty much the same deal for Brentwood, they didnt lose much. I havent heard anything about Centennial. The middle part of the district looks up for grabs the last two playoff spots especially..

Nice analysis! I heard through the grapevine that Clarksville lost two linemen due to disciplinary reasons. Not sure how true that is. For a team that's supposedly not very deep in that area, that can't be good if true. Does anyone one know what Clarksville NorthEast's plan for QB is? I heard maybe the Cross kid.

thank you

KICKROX, Did you mean HC against Beech instead of DC? Were you there? Just thought I missed something if DC played Beech. 

I was not there but you read my post correctly. DC got the better of Beech. According to a friend of mine that went to the game, that's  what transpired. They kept score on the scoreboard and went for extra points. HC played Beech the week before. I went to the Rossview game.

Edited by KICKROX

Nice analysis! I heard through the grapevine that Clarksville lost two linemen due to disciplinary reasons. Not sure how true that is. For a team that's supposedly not very deep in that area, that can't be good if true. Does anyone one know what Clarksville NorthEast's plan for QB is? I heard maybe the Cross kid.

Yes. Apparently the kids came to school under the influence. Made some inappriate gestures to a faculty member. Both are in alternative school. The Cross kid will definitely see time at QB. Arrington pretty much uses a QB like a wildcat at all times. Doesnt ask much in the area of thinking or making big throws. So he'll definitely thrive in that Offense.

Edited by KICKROX

I was not there but you read my post correctly. DC got the better of Beech. According to a friend of mine that went to the game, that's  what transpired. They kept score on the scoreboard and went for extra points. HC played Beech the week before. I went to the Rossview game.

Oh, OK. I did miss something. So DC beat Beech? Surprising. Thanks!

Oh, OK. I did miss something. So DC beat Beech? Surprising. Thanks!

Yes surprised me also, according to my guy out of Waverly, the QB has improved dramtically. Apparently he's working with some guy out of Nashville. Pretty good 7v7 team. Runnning game solid but no Ty Chandler(MBA). I looked at their schedule last year other HC and the NE lost because of their Homecoming really being a distraction, they played evryone well. Working on floats every night and having a parade the day of the game really doesnt help much in the area of game prep. Maybe new coach with new discipline could change things. You never know. Found out West Creek are still the same. I just left Portland, Clarksville demolished them. The Burney kid must have at least 6-7 solo sacks.

What did the QB position look like for Rossview? Thinking this will be a weak link for this team this year. Shore up this position and this team will surprise a lot of folks.