REGION 6 A and AA WORST OFFICALS EVER THEY DONT NEED TO CALL JR PRO BASK

selectedgrain

I HAVE SEEN MOST OF ALL OF THEM OVER THE YRS WHEN I WAS TEACHING AND COACHING NOW THAT I HAVE BEEN RETIRED AND SIT BACK AND TRY TO WATCH GAMES IT IS BESIDE ME HOW THEY CAN EVEN PASS THE OPEN BOOK TESTCOACHES TEACH AND TRY TO COACH ON THE FLOOR OR FIELD AND THESE IDIOTS JUST DESTROY THE GAME AND YOUG LADIES AND MEN IF YOU CANT CALL A GAME AND CALL IT AS IS PAY YOUR MONEY AND SIT WITH ME BEC I WOULD LOVE TO SLAP YOUR TEETH OUT. THE TSSAA MOTTO IS JUST DO WHAT IS RIGHT REALLY IT IS NOT HAPPENING HERE PEOPLE

BUT CALLS WERE AWFUL IF YOU GET PUSHED DOWN THERE IS A FOUL SOME WHERE, IF YOU GET TRIPPED A FOUL, if you go up for a lay up and the other moves into you no charge it is a foul then the girl gets the call and laughs at the officals running back down the court THESE GUYS WERE AWFUL AND IT IS ASHAME TO BOTH TEAMS AND COACHES And believe me i know these 3 well they just never showed up for a championship game to call it . WHERE IS MR RAY MOFFIT WHEN HE IS NEEDED

I will preface this post by saying it is hard to defend a loss when there are so many turnovers and so many missed shots at and around the rim, and the inability to rebound on either end consistently. But.......

How can you not have your best officials in your area calling the championship game? Having coached at some level in this region for the last 15 years, having been in attendance as an assistant coach, a head coach, a parent, doing radio, and just as a fan of basketball, I would have expected to see a threesome of officials that I would consider to be some of the best in the area. Especially on a night when 11AA were the only games in town.

I saw calls on both ends that affected each team in the first half that were inconsistent to say the least. One coach questioned a call in the first half and one official to exception to it, got into an animated discussion while he was shutting the coach down. From that point on there was absolutely no discussion with him. When the second half started the inconsistency increased. Heavy contact, no whistle either way. Light to no contact, whistle out of nowhere. Missed out of bounds calls (which can be defended because deflections normally) were missed bad both directions. Players in possession stepping out of bounds right in front of the trail official, no call. At one point, foul differential was 12-2 in a game that was very physical. The worst part, however, may have been a technical assessed to the bench for something that came from the crowd, which could have been reversed, had an official been willing to have a discussion.

My argument is not sour grapes (note preface), but an issue I have with not having your absolute BEST threesome on the floor for games that feature the BEST pair in the district. Congratulations to the CreekWood Lady RedHawks on a hard fought win that was a much closer game than the score indicated. LadyRedhawks played good defense, rebounded well, and knocked down free throws down the stretch, which is what good teams do.

I wish all 4 teams from 11AA good luck next Friday, as 12AA teams will definitely put up a fight in each matchup. 

You are absolulty correct thestuff. We (LC) made A LOT of mistakes. The Techenical took us out for good though. The Creekwood player got fouled was going to shoot 2. The person in the crowd yells something. Ref thinks it's a coach. It wasn't and the ref wasn't going to listen to any discussion. So then the player is now shooting 4. We were already behind by a little. When that happened. It took us out. Hate it but it happened. But that's just my opinion. Now let's focus on regions. Honestly the LC girls are a joy to watch. :)

I will preface this post by saying it is hard to defend a loss when there are so many turnovers and so many missed shots at and around the rim, and the inability to rebound on either end consistently. But.......

How can you not have your best officials in your area calling the championship game? Having coached at some level in this region for the last 15 years, having been in attendance as an assistant coach, a head coach, a parent, doing radio, and just as a fan of basketball, I would have expected to see a threesome of officials that I would consider to be some of the best in the area. Especially on a night when 11AA were the only games in town.

I saw calls on both ends that affected each team in the first half that were inconsistent to say the least. One coach questioned a call in the first half and one official to exception to it, got into an animated discussion while he was shutting the coach down. From that point on there was absolutely no discussion with him. When the second half started the inconsistency increased. Heavy contact, no whistle either way. Light to no contact, whistle out of nowhere. Missed out of bounds calls (which can be defended because deflections normally) were missed bad both directions. Players in possession stepping out of bounds right in front of the trail official, no call. At one point, foul differential was 12-2 in a game that was very physical. The worst part, however, may have been a technical assessed to the bench for something that came from the crowd, which could have been reversed, had an official been willing to have a discussion.

My argument is not sour grapes (note preface), but an issue I have with not having your absolute BEST threesome on the floor for games that feature the BEST pair in the district. Congratulations to the CreekWood Lady RedHawks on a hard fought win that was a much closer game than the score indicated. LadyRedhawks played good defense, rebounded well, and knocked down free throws down the stretch, which is what good teams do.

I wish all 4 teams from 11AA good luck next Friday, as 12AA teams will definitely put up a fight in each matchup. 

Not going to disagree much with this post. Glad you aren't putting blame on officials for the loss, because LC definitely didn't deserve to win that game. If I were the East Hickman girls I would be sick, because if LC plays that bad the night before East would have been playing Creek Wood for the Championship.

I watched all games on Friday and Saturday night, and the officiating was inconsistent in more games than consistent. The boys championship did seem to be better, but the girls was tough to watch, both ways.

Creek Wood girls took advantage of a terrible game from LC, and were money at the free throw stripe. LC looked like they didn't belong in the Championship game. 

Not sure what happened on the technical, but the official that T'd up the bench reacted really quick. He seemed to have a terrible attitude from the tip, just his body language and his interactions with coaches from the first quarter on.