Freestyle Greco Schedule Tennessee Wrestling Federation

BMBowers

23 minutes ago, wesander1980 said:

Does anyone know anything that is going on in this state? Either you have to call this ONE person or you have to do the research yourself. COMMUNICATION seems to be an issue.

Maybe its because Im the new guy.

Good luck on finding any other info. I have been working to put together a FS & GR team this year for our area. Unfortunately there is little to no help as far as the TN USA website, most info is years old at this point. Blackman always does a great job putting on the Ironman, but outside of that I am honestly not sure. Many have asked about Best of the Best, with no reply on that one either, so once again who knows. Hopefully we will have more clarity in the future so we can get that to our athletes and try to continue to grow wrestling in TN.

Feel free to reach out and I will share any info I have as well, jenningsr@k12coffee.net 

Edited by ccman1
additions
  • Like 1

Once again, and I'm trying not to overstep my boundaries, but I'll help out where I can. As far as the Best of the Best goes, Coach Torres (Baylor) and Coach Anglin (Bradley) will be heading up the SE Team for the event. I have heard that several other Hamilton Co. and Bradley Co. coaches will be involved w/ the selection process as well. As far as the team composition is concerned, Coach Torres and Anglin will be getting together tonight to get some tentative names put on paper for contact purposes. After that, I'm sure that they'll be contacting coaches of the respective wrestlers for interest as well as posting on here and other social media avenues for other wrestlers w/in our area who may be interested. If wrestle-off's are needed, I'm sure that we'll facilitate that as Coach Bosken and I did last year when we were heading up this team. Again, I am only speaking for our area and from the dialogue that I have had w/ Coach Anglin concerning this process up til now. Anyone who has questions concerning FS/Greco in our area is welcome to call, text, or email me if they have any questions and I'll help out where I can as I am not connected directly w/ TNUSAW, but I try to stay in the loop as much as possible. Additionally, anyone looking for a place to practice FS/Greco is welcome to join us as we started our FS/Greco emphasis for this off-season two weeks ago. Hope that this helps in some way. 

Ben Smith, Bradley Central 

bmsmith@bradleyschools.org

If any one has any question feel free to call Ben Bowers 574-215-8586 BMBowers@aol.com TWF Chairman, or check out our web site https://www.tnusawrestling.com/page/show/946559-home

On the web site the ABOUT US Tab it clearly maps out all the State Leaders with most of their phone numbers. So please reach out to one of them, or call Ben Bowers, I can answer all questions. 

https://www.tnusawrestling.com/page/show/993010-about-us