and your 2011 INDY EAGLES - (your input plrase )

sarahpalin

2011 INDY EAGLES -

Without your " homer tainted " glasses on , what do you expect from them this year - give me a game by game breakdown a win or loss ...

Have they named # 1 QB yet

Have they found a running back ?

The defense and the kicker will have to carry a heavy burden this year and the schedule does not help the Eagles.

Im sorry , not sold on Dyson and what he brings to the table and with the current bunch of WILCO head coaches he is the bottom feeder

lastly will INDY score over 110 pts this year >>>>>>>

Well, to be honest, who knows/who cares. But since I have nothing better to do, I'll take a crack at it. This year could be a pretty good year (7-3) or the worst year yet (3-7). There are many unknowns with Independence so I've heard. As you said, the QB is an unknown and some other positions, the fact that Ty Fetner tore his ACL in the spring and is now moving back to Texas doesn't quite help the situation. The defense should be a strong point for the team, but I do believe that they will score over 110 points this year. And I don't quite understand your concern about the scheduling, it should be a much easier out of district schedule than the last two years, other than opening with Blackman. So, here's my game by game,

Blackman- I'tavius, 'nough said. LOSS

Page- Cross town rivalry, page lost quite a few players/coaches, I believe Indy will win this one. WIN

Brentwood- Believe it or not, Indy somehow seems to play Brentwood close each year, and I don't quite understand why everyone thinks Brentwood will be great this year. I know they are Brentwood, but they lost a GREAT senior class. Indy could come away with this, but I'll go with Brentwood. LOSS

Lincoln County- It's Indy's first home game of the year, and I believe they will bounce back to be 2-2. WIN

Centennial- Centennial will be small but fast and could be the surprise of 11AAA. With Rector, who knows what Centennial will look like. I believe Indy will come back from the tough, last minute loss of last year and at least score a touchdown in this game unlike last year, and will win. 3-2 for Indy now. WIN

Coffee County- Indy's Homecoming, and it's Coffee County. WIN 4-2, not a bad start....

Hillsboro- It will be Hillsboro's homecoming, this could be a very close game as it was two years ago, where Indy came back down from 10+ points in 3 min, or it could be a blowout not shown by the score like last year's win by the Eagles. I'm gonna go with Indy on this one, but I think it will be closer than people think. 5-2.

Bye- A well planned bye week by Dyson before a very important final 3 weeks. Gives dyson two weeks to get ready for Franklin.

Franklin- Could be close with the two week practice for Franklin. Franklin, I believe, will be a little down as the rest of Wilco will be, but it just seems that Indy can never get it right when playing against Franklin. 0 points in the last 3 games against Franklin. Even the kicker missed a FG in the playoff game in '09. Have to go with Franklin. LOSS 5-3

Siegel- Always a close game between the Stars and Eagles. The past two years Indy has won by a point each time. The eagles have been lucky the past two years, and it might stay with them or it might catch up to them. This game is really a toss up. I believe that the leadership in this senior class, unlike last years, will get them back up after the Franklin loss to win this game, as this senior class is really loooking for a good season. WIN

Ravenwood- Who knows, Ravenwood just got their coach, what, 3 weeks ago now? We'll see what this new coach can do. This is Indy's senior night and as I said with the Siegel game, this Senior class will make sure they go out with a win against Ravenwood. Ravenwood also lost some key players, Bednar, Leyer, etc, so I believe it shouldn't be too tough for Indy. WIN 7-3

This is how it could shape up, however as I said in the beginning, if things fall apart, it could end up at 3-7, or worse. Only the players can make the decision on how the season goes. Time will tell.

:popcorneater:

Blackman- Too many athletes for the Blaze: LOSS

Page- Bad game to schedule. If Indy wins they were supposed to because they are 6A. If they lose it's an embarassment. Good thing Indy will WIN

Brentwood- This club may be down some but will still be tough: LOSS

Lincoln County- The Falcons are still rebuilding: WIN

Centennial- Centennial will be fast but unfortunately that's it. This game will come down to special teams so give it to the Eagles: WIN

Coffee County- With Embry as the new Red Raider OC, Indy WINS

Hillsboro- This is a toss-up but give the edge to Dyson's flock: WIN

Bye- Indy in the upset as the Bye will be favored by 3.

Franklin- This game won't be close. LOSS

Siegel- Look for the Stars to shine. LOSS

Ravenwood- Raptors may be pretty beat up at this point. Eagles WIN

I believe Indy can have a winning record, but I don't see a visit to the playoffs.

My question for the rest of the readers is where does Indy finish in the district?

Blackman- Too many athletes for the Blaze: LOSS

Page- Bad game to schedule. If Indy wins they were supposed to because they are 6A. If they lose it's an embarassment. Good thing Indy will WIN

Brentwood- This club may be down some but will still be tough: LOSS

Lincoln County- The Falcons are still rebuilding: WIN

Centennial- Centennial will be fast but unfortunately that's it. This game will come down to special teams so give it to the Eagles: WIN

Coffee County- With Embry as the new Red Raider OC, Indy WINS

Hillsboro- This is a toss-up but give the edge to Dyson's flock: WIN

Bye- Indy in the upset as the Bye will be favored by 3.

Franklin- This game won't be close. LOSS

Siegel- Look for the Stars to shine. LOSS

Ravenwood- Raptors may be pretty beat up at this point. Eagles WIN

I believe Indy can have a winning record, but I don't see a visit to the playoffs.

My question for the rest of the readers is where does Indy finish in the district?

Blackman - Still gonna be very tough - question is will INDY keep it close - LOSS

Page - Its a lose,lose for Indy, Win and everyone says you are supposed to beat up on Page, a loss could be a long long season for INDY - WIN

Brentwood - Indy does play Bruins tough, but Bruins have the way better coach to make all the difference -LOSS

Lincoln County - not enough known about LC - SHOVE

Centennial - Rector will have some games under his belt at CHS, and INDY will lose a very close game -LOSS

Coffee County - Not enough known about CC - SHOVE

Boro - with Dan Patrick on this one a toss up but have to give to INDY - WIN

Franklin - will INDY get the ball into the red zone is the fun part of this game. Franklin big - LOSS

Siegel-Stars should have one game last year , STARS could surprise a few this year - LOSS

Ravenwood - Ravenwood has numbers , will then buy into the coach - WIN+

I would feel better and would give the WIN(s) to INDY versus Siegal,CHS and feel much better giving my wins versus Boro and RHS if INDY HAD ANY KIND OF OFFENSE -

THE INDY offense didnt do anything last year and again faces the same problem - no true QB and no running game at all - AT ALL - plus throw in Dysons offensive game scheme which is the same as the Franklin cowboys AAA pee wee team ......

I wish them well and yes they can go 7-3 and 3-7 but so can RHS,Boro,and CHS...

Anyone who thinks Indy will be over .500 must have been in the locker room smoking who knows what. When your only chance for a win is that the other team is down or completely outmatches them and you legitimately shouldnt even be playing them (Page), you are grasping at straws. Indy has small numbers, average talent at best at every position but kicker, and has the worst staff in middle tennessee. 7-3 is a crack pipe delusion.

Blackman- No way

Page - Probably, but maybe not

Brentwood - No way

Lincoln County- No way

Centennial - No way (couldnt do it last year, CHS was horrible, Indy is now smaller and even worse coached because they will have had two off seasons with Dyson, CHS is bigger than last year and MUCH better coached)

Coffee County - No way (Indy doesnt even understand hardnosed football anymore, let alone being able to stand up to it)

Hillsboro - Maybe and will give a probable

Franklin - No way

siegel - No way

Ravenwood - Maybe, but probably not

At best, Indy will be 4-6, 2-8 is closer to reality, 1-9 and 0-10 are legitimate possibilities.

When your only chance for a win is that the other team is down or completely outmatches them and you legitimately shouldnt even be playing them (Page), you are grasping at straws.

Interesting you should say that, coach.

I realize you can't control who is in your district so I won't count Independence and Ravenwood against your strength of schedule.

Centennial's out of district schedule:

Overton- This team will be WAY down from what is has been in years past.

Antioch- Are they ever good? Their only wins last year were over Hunters Lane, Cane Ridge, Hillwood, and Glencliff. In 2009 they only won three games. Antioch continues to be outmatched in most contests.

Wilson Central- They have won five games in two years. That's gotta be considered being down.

Cane Ridge- It's a fairly new school with no wins in 2009 and only four last year. They are still trying to build a program. Centennial really could have found better competition.

Shelbyville- They have three wins in their district in the last two years. They should be down after the seniors they lost and the head coach leaving.

You are grasping at straws.

Here's your straw, sir. :D

Interesting you should say that, coach.

I realize you can't control who is in your district so I won't count Independence and Ravenwood against your strength of schedule.

Centennial's out of district schedule:

Overton- This team will be WAY down from what is has been in years past.

Antioch- Are they ever good? Their only wins last year were over Hunters Lane, Cane Ridge, Hillwood, and Glencliff. In 2009 they only won three games. Antioch continues to be outmatched in most contests.

Wilson Central- They have won five games in two years. That's gotta be considered being down.

Cane Ridge- It's a fairly new school with no wins in 2009 and only four last year. They are still trying to build a program. Centennial really could have found better competition.

Shelbyville- They have three wins in their district in the last two years. They should be down after the seniors they lost and the head coach leaving.

Here's your straw, sir. :D

Coach?? Wrong tree there, strawman.

And I believe every single out of conference team that CHS is playing has a bigger enrollment than they do. Thats smart scheduling, verses putting a lose/lose game like Page on the schedule.

Coach?? Wrong tree there, strawman.

And I believe every single out of conference team that CHS is playing has a bigger enrollment than they do. Thats smart scheduling, verses putting a lose/lose game like Page on the schedule.

I know a couple of those schools are 5A just like Centennial but I'm not sure on enrollment numbers at any of them.

Since we have looked at the Eagles schedule, what are your predictions for the Cougars ten game stretch?

I know a couple of those schools are 5A just like Centennial but I'm not sure on enrollment numbers at any of them.

Since we have looked at the Eagles schedule, what are your predictions for the Cougars ten game stretch?

Its a toss up in my opinion. Have to give it a little time to see if what Rector is doing is going to work. Word is that the discipline is already a huge difference. A few unexpected athletes have moved in. A couple of beasts at the freshman level, but who knows what role, if any, they will have with varsity.

CHS could be 2-8, which I doubt, easily 5-5, possibly 7-3 or 8-2. This is a very good schedule for them, and like Indy, could benefit from an overall weaker conference. This season will be very interesting. Two seasons out from know will be the real test of where CHS is. I see them becoming a regular top contender in the district.

Franklin, while fairly strong right now will get weaker and weaker over they years because they lost their athletic base and those kids are coming to CHS and not finding a way to stay at FHS and they may not want to anyway.

Brentwood will always be sound and have great technique, but the privates are really pulling their top area kids out and the atrition will begin to show.

Ravenwood is a toss up. Sounds like they have good numbers, but with a new coach and a new high school that will pull their most athletic area out in the next few years, any success will be short lived.

Indy will struggle for some time to come.

You folks do not seem to like your HC. I met him a couple times and he seems like a very nice guy! Give the man a chance. He has definitely been exposed to some of the best coaching/training that a potential coach could get...........lighten up!

How many of you have actually played football. How many of you have actually coached football (at least at the HS level...........Jr Pro does not count). How about it Sarah or Taco..........any real snaps. You must have; cause you got all the answers.

You folks do not seem to like your HC. I met him a couple times and he seems like a very nice guy! Give the man a chance. He has definitely been exposed to some of the best coaching/training that a potential coach could get...........lighten up!

How many of you have actually played football. How many of you have actually coached football (at least at the HS level...........Jr Pro does not count). How about it Sarah or Taco..........any real snaps. You must have; cause you got all the answers.

He's not my head coach, and I would certainly never hire him to be. He has the most disorganized team in all of middle tennessee. Jr. Pro teams have more organization.

My playing time, or anyone elses, including Dyson's has nothing to do with it. You can either coach or you can't. Two other schools realized he couldnt even be a good assistant coach and they got rid of him. He had, and still has the weakest resume of anyone that applied for the IHS job, and yet he got it. Not too hard ot figure out what is going on. So Dyson's own coaching time really doesnt mean much, if anything at all.

Now that it has become pretty obvious he doesnt have a clue, any serious football player in the south end of the county will find their way to Summit. The Indy numbers will get smaller and smaller while Summit grows. He created this mess in a program that had just been to the state finals. All of this and you think the guy can coach because of what he has been exposed to? Holy cow. You were in the locker room the day all those players were in there smoking some funny stuff weren't you...

CHS could be 2-8, which I doubt, easily 5-5, possibly 7-3 or 8-2. This is a very good schedule for them, and like Indy, could benefit from an overall weaker conference.

2-8?

With a pansy schedule like that plus a weak district they better not finish with only two wins. I don't think Rector could stomach it.

I have heard that there are a couple of freshmen that could contribute varsity wise. Any more details on that?

Also heard from one of the dads that the key was going to be improving the defense from spring ball. He said he wasn't sure if there were key players missing or just a bad scheme. Did you hear anything about spring ball?