Haywood v. MLK

big_boi_2005

I heard that the Haywood/MLK game was a real good one and it went down to the wire. Even though MLK won, I wouldn't consider this an upset. This was a game between 2 very good teams and the game that was played was expected: a good, slowed game. MLK took advantage of the slow game and Haywood couldn't answer. What do you all think was Haywood's downfall?

This is my take on the game. MLK's defense and hustle won them this game. Haywood just didn't get after it like MLK did. Haywood has a great squad but you cant always use athletic ability to win a game. MLK's defense stifled Haywood in the 1st half. It was a great high school game, and also the better coached team won this game. Good to to MLK the rest of the tourney and to Haywood next year.

gerrybertier,

haywood has a great coach as well so i wouldnt say the better coach won the game....Haywood has been to state more times than MLK has recently. i didnt see the game so i dont know if it was defense or an off night but Lee Liggins not hitting any 3's cost them the game. he is one of the top 3 point shooters in the state and he went what, 0-7? plus he fouled out with a couple of minutes left which probably hurt them down the stretch since he is their top scorer. MLK got the job done and now we're set for a rematch tommorow of last years state semifinals...should be another close one.

Like I said Haywood was outcoached nothing against their coach. Since you weren't at the game you didnt see MLK's best player Johnny Lee was struggling all game, so both teams best players were not effective. Lee was on the bench most of the game until the end where he was in to shoot free throws and he didnt even do that well. But I have said on other post, MLK outworked, outhustled, and outcoached Haywood for the W yesterday. Is Liggins # 10 for Haywood? If he is, he is lucky he wasn't out of the game with some plays that he made and attitude he showed yesterday.