Seth Skogen

hoopsnpigskin1587

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I know about it -- I really doubt it.

I've been told that he wants to play football instead of basketball at the next level.

So, he probably won't be going to Mercer -- since they don't have football.

But as you know anything can change in two years time.

Oh -- I was looking at Mercer's website and I did notice that they do offer Air Rifle in men's sports!! (man -- I wish they would have had that when I was in school)

Ok oldtime, if you really think he could play football @ Alabama you need to be moved to a home. There is a big step from 5A football to the SEC. Then there is a bigger step from SEC teams like Miss St. to Alabama. Oh wait, thats right, he doesn't even dominate 1A football.

825625671[/snapback]

Well your opinion is as good as anyones, but in 2 years he might be a big D-1 prospect you never know.

BTW: It doesnt matter what class your in in High School. College coaches dont say " well hes good but he just played against 1-A teams." They know if someone is good no matter what class they are in.

And why do you say that, Mike?

Have you ever seen him play football?

825625645[/snapback]

what makes me say that?? do you realize what it takes high major d-1a football??? i mean seriously how many guys out of the chattanooga area have actually made it there recently, i can think of 3 gerald riggs, demonte bolden, and greg smith, i mean yeah im sure there are a few more, but sec level d-1 recruits are few and far between...i mean take a look at matt peardon from boyd buc, he led the chattanooga area in rushing and set a new all time record for the city for most pts(or tds can't remember) in a season, and look where he ended up, carson newman i believe, which is not a knock at all because carson newman is a high profile d-2 program that contends for the national championship every year, but that just shows you the type of athlete/football player it would take to make it to that level...he just doesn't have the speed/size to do it, im sure he is a great football player,but alabama is a stretch..i'll go with grace golden eagles and will say that alabama wont even hear seth skogen's name..but with all do respect i hope he goes and proves me wrong because it is always nice to see local talent make it big