Williamson County

chs05

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new Williamson County Rankings

7abc) page, ihs, fairview- i am yet to see these teams play with the exception of 1 half of a scrimmage for ihs.  their records and games against each other don't seem to distance any one team from the other.  anyone who knows a lot about these three teams please post your comments.

thats it.  tell me what you think.  by no means do i think i know it all.

825654401[/snapback]

I agree with your rankings, except for one issue--

independence is clearly the best team between page, fairview and ihs.

ihs killed page 5-2 and fairview isn't even close... fairview forfeited to ihs because they didn't have enough players.

RANKINGS

1) Brentwood-

2) BGA-

3) Franklin-

4) Ravenwood-

5) Cetennial-

6) BA-

7) Independence-

8) Page-

9) Fairview-

what do you think of those????

friar and ydet, thanks for the input. independence should have a pretty solid team by the time they have a senior class. having seen both ba and bga play i would say ba does have a chance. when i watched bga they looked good, but people have said they've had some let downs this year. if they have a bad half, ba is certainly capable of getting the upset (like any time that isn't absolutely terrible) but i will echo the previous prediction of bga 2-0.

I saw that Page lost their last 2 games (v. Zion and v. Fairview).

Anyone know what's going on with them this year?

NEW WILLIAMSON CO. RANKINGS

1) Brentwood (lost to Hendersonville)

2) BGA (I think2nd place might be overrating them, but we'll see)

3) Ravenwood (10-0-4 record, undefeated still)

4) Franklin (starting to improve after a slow start)

5) Cetennial (this Fri they play IHS, should be agood game)

6) Independence (5-5-0, young but good)

7) BA (don't know much)

8) Page & Fairview (tie, because they have played twice and split 1/1)

I switched some teams around...

?? Your comments, thoughts ??

7abc) page, ihs, fairview- i am yet to see these teams play with the exception of 1 half of a scrimmage for ihs.  their records and games against each other don't seem to distance any one team from the other.  anyone who knows a lot about these three teams please post your comments.

thats it.  tell me what you think.  by no means do i think i know it all.

825654401[/snapback]

IHS, have played tough throughout the season. They have beaten the teams they should have beat, and have usually payed tough for the first 60 minutes of most games.

The main problem with the team is age. They are Freshman and Sophs playing against Juniors and Seniors, the size, strength and physical nature of the game is wearing them down toward the end of the games and they are leaking a few goals, which makes the scorelines look a lot worse than what they are.

By the time this sophmore class are seniors, IHS will be a very good team. The seniors will be good, the Junior class will have 5 or 6 players who play Division 1 travel team, a few good sophmores and and Freshman class that will be able to contribute to Varsity straight away.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw that Page lost their last 2 games (v. Zion and v. Fairview).

Anyone know what's going on with them this year?

NEW WILLIAMSON CO. RANKINGS

1) Brentwood (lost to Hendersonville)

2) BGA (I think2nd place might be overrating them, but we'll see)

3) Ravenwood (10-0-4 record, undefeated still)

4) Franklin (starting to improve after a slow start)

5) Cetennial (this Fri they play IHS, should be agood game)

6) Independence (5-5-0, young but good)

7) BA (don't know much)

8) Page & Fairview (tie, because they have played twice and split 1/1)

I switched some teams around...

?? Your comments, thoughts ??

825657664[/snapback]

BGA might not be playing well right now, but i think they deserve to be at #2. they beat centennial and tied Franklin in a game that they should have won. Brentwood still deserves first even though they lost to Ryan and Hendersonville.

BA should be higher, they tied centennial in a game they probally should have won. They have a terrible record, but if you look at who they have played you will see why that is the case and not to mention, other than baylor they have played everyone relatively well, and the baylor game was kinda fluky 2 crappy goals and a PK on a wet field and then BA just folded. Also they just beat hume fogg whom everyone seems to classify as a pretty solid team. I have no seen independence play, but i am pretty sure that a team of freshman and sophomores would not beat BA, actually i would be willing to probally bet my house on it.

I have no seen independence play, but i am pretty sure that a team of freshman and sophomores would not beat BA, actually i would be willing to probally bet my house on it.

825666297[/snapback]

BA has had a really really hard schedule this year. I give them credit for playing many of the great teams in the state. Also, if you loook at Independence's schedule, they have lost to some of the great teams also! Most of those games by only 1 goal. I wouldn't write off Independence as being able to beat BA... I think they might be able to. With that said, I wouldn't "bet my house on it." :unsure:

BGA might not be playing well right now, but i think they deserve to be at #2. they beat centennial and tied Franklin in a game that they should have won. Brentwood still deserves first even though they lost to Ryan and Hendersonville.

825665825[/snapback]

How can you say that BGA should have beat Franklin. Franklin cleary came into the game as the underdog, but they held their own and even dominated an overrated BGA team. Franklin had many chances to score, including two or three shots that hit the post. As far as the rankings go.....

1. Brentwood

2. Franklin

3. BGA

4. Ravenwood

5. Centennial

6-10. Who cares?

How can you say that BGA should have beat Franklin.  Franklin cleary came into the game as the underdog, but they held their own and even dominated an overrated BGA team.  Franklin had many chances to score, including two or three shots that hit the post.  As far as the rankings go.....

1. Brentwood

2. Franklin

3. BGA

4. Ravenwood

5. Centennial

6-10. Who cares?

825666828[/snapback]

As soon as i wrote that if figured that someone would argue. In all fairness, Franklin played a good game. they outplayed BGA for a large portion of the game. The final score reflected the play and the game very well. But it was a game that BGA could have won, a game that they should have won, and, if BGA had played like they did at the end of the centennial game, they would have won.