Farragut loses to Collierville

TheFH

Collierville defeated Farragut 7-4 at Farragut today. The Dragons came out with the bats swinging and knocked out Farragut's starter in the 4th. The pitcher for Collierville went the distance pitching a great game. Farragut did not hit the ball nearly as well as I have seen them hit in the past. The hit column was utterly dominated by Collierville. I'm not sure what # in the rotation Farragut's pitcher was but they could use more depth; that will happen with a young team that had a great staff of seniors that graduated not only on the mound but at the plate. Looks like Collierville came out to Knoxville to show the teams that had receieved a lot of pre-season praise (Halls, Farragut) that West TN was ready! And South-Doyle by beating Collierville showing Halls and Farragut that they aren't the only teams in Knoxville that know how to play some baseball.

Another note: Tony Delmonico and Riley Jennings turned the best double play you will ever see in a high school baseball game. Delmonico fielded the ball BEHIND second base going towards right field, flipped the ball backwards to second while running and then the smooth turn by Jennings....it was PRETTY...very Vizquel-like...WEB GEM! He's ready for college ball defensively for sure!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collierville defeated Farragut 7-4 at Farragut today.  The Dragons came out with the bats swinging and knocked out Farragut's starter in the 4th.  The pitcher for Collierville went the distance pitching a great game.  Farragut did not hit the ball nearly as well as I have seen them hit in the past.  The hit column was utterly dominated by Collierville.  I'm not sure what # in the rotation Farragut's pitcher was but they could use more depth; that will happen with a young team that had a great staff of seniors that graduated not only on the mound but at the plate.  Looks like Collierville came out to Knoxville to show the teams that had receieved a lot of pre-season praise (Halls, Farragut) that West TN was ready!  And South-Doyle by beating Collierville showing Halls and Farragut that they aren't the only teams in Knoxville that know how to play some baseball.

Another note:  Tony Delmonico and Riley Jennings turned the best double play you will ever see in a high school baseball game.  Delmonico fielded the ball BEHIND second base going towards right field, flipped the ball backwards to second while running and then the smooth turn by Jennings....it was PRETTY...very Vizquel-like...WEB GEM!  He's ready for college ball defensively for sure!

825624482[/snapback]

thanks for the info.....Delmonico is def. ready....he is good.....

In watching Coach Pharr over the past few years, I think he views district games as the most important. He'll set up his rotation to win the district games first.

Except for Maryville last year the only three games Farragut has lost the past three years have been non-district games where he didn't use his top pitcher(s).

The experience these guys gain now will pay dividends later in the year.

No Farragut, I was told that Collierville had their ace on the mound.

825624816[/snapback]

Collierville had their #3 on the mound their top pitcher Hylander, then Pomarantz they are very deep in pitching and loaded with seniors, I'm not from Collierville but Bolton and we opened with them and they are a very good team scouts were everywhere when we played they won 9-2 and 6-2 with Scott Hawkins their catcher hitting 2 bombs. They will be their at the end in Memphis.

Another note:  Tony Delmonico and Riley Jennings turned the best double play you will ever see in a high school baseball game.  Delmonico fielded the ball BEHIND second base going towards right field, flipped the ball backwards to second while running and then the smooth turn by Jennings....it was PRETTY...very Vizquel-like...WEB GEM!  He's ready for college ball defensively for sure!

825624482[/snapback]

Yea, that would be pretty beautiful. Timothy Egerton and Kyle Mooney of Smyrna High pulled the same double play last night against cookville.