Is Ooltewah unstoppable?

Patspitcher16

Honestly Ooltewah is the best team I've seen play around here in a while. There lineup is stacked and they have sooo sooo much pitching its unreal. I think other teams could compeat with them if they had more pitching and more than just a couple of good hitters. Also when you have that many lefties thats a plus.

I just realized I hit the "M" instead of the "N" in the topic title. Sorry about that.

Edited by Patspitcher16

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say they are unstoppable. They are beatable as demonstrated by Cookeville. If they learn to finish off their competition while they have them down, if could mean big trouble for most teams. This is where they have been lacking over the past two seasons. They didn't put anyone away when they had them down. Yesterday in the Wildcat Classic, we saw what kind of team they could be. If this continues ????, it could be lights out for most teams around here.

I wouldn't say they are unstoppable. They are beatable as demonstrated by Cookeville. If they learn to finish off their competition while they have them down, if could mean big trouble for most teams. This is where they have been lacking over the past two seasons. They didn't put anyone away when they had them down. Yesterday in the Wildcat Classic, we saw what kind of team they could be. If this continues ????, it could be lights out for most teams around here.

825626018[/snapback]

They are not unstoppable. I heard they did great this weekend, they play Cookeville again Wednesday, we'll see what happens.Phifer is on the mound for Cookeville, cant wait to see it! Who's on the mound for Ooltewah?

Ooltewah is NOT unstoppable. That's a lot of pressure on a team to say that about them. And as demonstrated with Farragut - even last year - there is very rarely a team that is unstoppable. Let's just hope this can continue. Take one game at a time. As long as Ooltewah stays focused and doesn't get complacent, they have the talent to win some ball games! I'm with you hmc, I can't wait to see this Wednesday against Cookeville.

And it's prob too early to tell who will throw Wednesday. Ooltewah had seven games this past week, and the have one monday and one tuesday. Won't know for sure until Wednesday!

ooltewah may not be completely "unstoppable" in a literal term but i dont think the guy meant they will never lose a game, but they are the closest thing to unstoppable in the chattanooga area, i will tell you that much

825626142[/snapback]

They were suppose to be unstoppable last year what happened.....they are good this year but after you get past higdon on the mound mostly any team can hit any other pitcher, and they have good bats. They are good but definetly not unstoppable

Haha, someone please enlighten him  :justwrestle:

825626166[/snapback]

They are very talented. Biggest talk yesterday, from Ooltewah and elsewhere is that their biggest hurdle will be team unity - which can be interpretted as "if the parents stay out of things." That's tough for those East Brainerd types.

They are very good from top to bottom though.

They are very talented. Biggest talk yesterday, from Ooltewah and elsewhere is that their biggest hurdle will be team unity - which can be interpretted as "if the parents stay out of things." That's tough for those East Brainerd types.

They are very good from top to bottom though.

825626198[/snapback]

Ooltewah has a tendency to peak too early. They're doing well now, but a good team saves its best stuff for the playoffs. Ooltewah seems to do well during the season, but run out of gas at the end. That may be from overconfidence.

They were suppose to be unstoppable last year what happened.....they are good this year but after you get past higdon on the mound mostly any team can hit any other pitcher, and they have good bats. They are good but definetly not unstoppable

825626164[/snapback]

as of right now nobody knows who the number 1 go-to pitcher is for the owls. i think you could pick from about 4 guys. and thats a good problem to have.

yesterday kyler burke pitched a 1-hitter against walker valley and struck out 9. there was a gun on him and he was consistently between 84-87. he hit 89 one time.

justin higdon was also clocked at 89 yesterday in the championship game against notre dame striking out 7 in 5 innings. again, he threw consistently between 84-87.

nic robinson throws upper 80s and john howard and joe young both throw mid 80's.

with these guys' performances thus far its a toss up. hopefully it stays that way

Ooltewah is currently beating NW Whitfield, GA 6-1 in the fourth.

Tim MArkum, Kyler Burke and Blake McDade have homered.

That's 9 homeruns in 2 days.

825626407[/snapback]

I'm anxious to see how many they hit out of Red Bank's field. Not sure about NW Whitfield, but Hixson and Central's fields are home run parks. If they can hit it out of Red Bank, then I will really be impressed.