Tullahoma won again

Wildcatbaseball

Once again Tullahoma beats Franklin Co. 15-0. It was 7-0 after two innings. Morris pitched another no hitter. Scouts said he will go late 1st round or early 2nd round. After seeing Franklin Co the last 2 nights, I agree that this is the worse FC team I have seen. It is obvious that politics has taken over with the Rebels. Anyone who has watched them over the years knows that the best players are not playing. Congrats to Tullahoma for winning their first four District games. It could be a very good yr at Grider Stadium. Go Wildcats!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again Tullahoma beats Franklin Co. 15-0. It was 7-0 after two innings. Morris pitched another no hitter. Scouts said he will go late 1st round or early 2nd round. After seeing Franklin Co the last 2 nights, I agree that this is the worse FC team I have seen. It is obvious that politics has taken over with the Rebels. Anyone who has watched them over the years knows that the best players are not playing. Congrats to Tullahoma for winning their first four District games. It could be a very good yr at Grider Stadium. Go Wildcats

You are only 4 games into the season, alot can still happen. 4-5 years ago Tull. was cruising to the district title and fell apart at the end. Also, choked in the tourn.

They had alot better team talent wise than this years team and was probably the most talented team that has been in the district during that time frame.

Also, it is too early to tell how major league teams will draft. While Morris may have early round talent, injurys, team needs and direction and other high school and college players availability will all have an impact in the draft order.

But I will say....arms like Bryan are at a premium and all ML teams look for pitchers.

Morris is a good pitcher, there is no doubt. However, lots of managers in the minors and big leagues recommend that players go to college and get more mature before making a pro debut. Unless, Morris is guarnteed a first round draft pick, I would not go into the MLB draft. You say, what do you make this assumption ? I work in the minor leagues with experienced coaches and they know what they are talking about. Remember, the scouts get praise and funds for every player they can sign. Morris should go to college for at least 2-3 years. He will make the smartest decision in his life if he does so. I know several players who were late 1st round, early 2nd round draft picks who are struggling to surive after spending all their money expecting to make it to the big leagues in 2-3 years. Unfournately they are still in AA trying to get past the slump they are in.

I don't think that coach king would let politics take over in FC. He is a good coach and whoever gives him the best chance to win is who he puts on the field. But i'm not that close to the FC program so i don't know. As for tullahoma, they are looking really good early in the season. They are sitting in a good position to win the district but there is a lot of baseball left to play and alot of things can happen between now and the end of the season. And we all know how well they play in the tournament :D

Morris is a good pitcher, there is no doubt. However, lots of managers in the minors and big leagues recommend that players go to college and get more mature before making a pro debut. Unless, Morris is guarnteed a first round draft pick, I would not go into the MLB draft. You say, what do you make this assumption ? I work in the minor leagues with experienced coaches and they know what they are talking about. Remember, the scouts get praise and funds for every player they can sign. Morris should go to college for at least 2-3 years. He will make the smartest decision in his life if he does so. I know several players who were late 1st round, early 2nd round draft picks who are struggling to surive after spending all their money expecting to make it to the big leagues in 2-3 years. Unfournately they are still in AA trying to get past the slump they are in.

825628850[/snapback]

So ur telling him to pass up millions of dollars to go to college? I have to disagree... You never know when you will throw your arm out or have some other major injury that could keep you from being able to play anymore...

Once again Tullahoma beats Franklin Co. 15-0. It was 7-0 after two innings. Morris pitched another no hitter. Scouts said he will go late 1st round or early 2nd round. After seeing Franklin Co the last 2 nights, I agree that this is the worse FC team I have seen. It is obvious that politics has taken over with the Rebels. Anyone who has watched them over the years knows that the best players are not playing. Congrats to Tullahoma for winning their first four District games. It could be a very good yr at Grider Stadium. Go Wildcats!

825628481[/snapback]

Baloney... I think THS started 8 seniors last night, one of which is Morris who is probably the best in the state. Phil does a good job with those kids. I think he started 5 juniors. I'm not close to either program, but love to see good baseball. THS has a fine team and are well coached. FHS has unrealized potential. If they stay together and not allow noise like the politic's statement to become a distraction, they will be fine. Sells, Miller, Walker, Steele, Dunlap could paly for anybody. Zimmerman, Henn have great speed and are good athletes, they just need to relax and play. If FHS will keep working and play the games, they will be fine. THS could win it all. Enjoy special years when they happen. They don't happen often. Good luck to both teams!

the worse FC team I have seen. It is obvious that politics has taken over with the Rebels. Anyone who has watched them over the years knows that the best players are not playing

Not a fair statement to make about a team or coach King's program. I don't know if you have played against the FC players or watched them come up thru LL or Babe Ruth to make that statement. Everyone has an opinion as to who is a better player and you are entitled to yours. But to make a statement that it is politics that is fielding his team is probably not a fair assessment.

the worse FC team I have seen. It is obvious that politics has taken over with the Rebels. Anyone who has watched them over the years knows that the best players are not playing

I will say this about FC from what I've seen. I don't think its about politics there, but I will say thier are players that are playing out of position (Henn SS, Walker RF, Zimmerman CF) and it shows on the field. Also, your leaders have to hit in district games. Enough said.....................................

Irenco Tullahoma did have a powerful team 4 or 5 years ago but I am not sure they choked the competition was alot stronger then in the district. There where probably 15 players who played college from the district and several where pitchers. This year besides Morris & Vincent the next pitcher woulld probably be Walker or Gardner from Lincoln Co. Tullahoma plays solid defense in the middle which that team did not. They where a power hitting team with alot of strikeouts this team gets the bat on the ball, throws strikes and makes routine plays not a spectacular team(except Morris) but a solid ballclub. I don't think the competition is strong enough for them to choke even though it is early.

Baloney... I think THS started 8 seniors last night, one of which is Morris who is probably the best in the state. Phil does a good job with those kids. I think he started 5 juniors. I'm not close to either program, but love to see good baseball. THS has a fine team and are well coached. FHS has unrealized potential. If they stay together and not allow noise like the politic's statement to become a distraction, they will be fine. Sells, Miller, Walker, Steele, Dunlap could paly for anybody. Zimmerman, Henn have great speed and are good athletes, they just need to relax and play. If FHS will keep working and play the games, they will be fine. THS could win it all. Enjoy special years when they happen. They don't happen often. Good luck to both teams!

825628969[/snapback]

It appears that politics has taken over in Franklin Co and not just baseball. I do not agree with you that the above players could play for anybody. Henn might could play the outfield, but he is not a ss. I sat by some Franklin Co fans that no longer have kids that play on the team. They pointed out several players that was a surprise to a lot of people that they were playing. You may be right that they need to relax and play, but they also need to learn how to field ground balls, fly balls and make accurate throws. I am more concern about the Wildcats and it does appear that they are in the driver seat in District 8. Yes, we have 8 more district games, but I do like our chances.

It appears that politics has taken over in Franklin Co and not just baseball. I do not agree with you that the above players could play for anybody. Henn might could play the outfield, but he is not a ss. I sat by some Franklin Co fans that no longer have kids that play on the team. They pointed out several players that was a surprise to a lot of people that they were playing. You may be right that they need to relax and play, but they also need to learn how to field ground balls, fly balls and make accurate throws.  I am more concern about the Wildcats and it does appear that they are in the driver seat in District 8. Yes, we have 8 more district games, but I do like our chances.

825629321[/snapback]

Yes I like your chances to win the regular season....but we all know what tullahoma does when it comes tourney time! That has to change if you want to go to go walkin in memphis

Yes I like your chances to win the regular season....but we all know what tullahoma does when it comes tourney time!  That has to change if you want to go to go walkin in memphis

825629354[/snapback]

Our chances of winning the district are much better that Manchester. We also knopw how your great football team of 04 played when it comes to the big games.

Edited by Wildcatbaseball