• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short list of people to be pursued by Carter High, in no particular order;

1) Dave Gorman - assistant @ Carson Newman college

2) Gary Barnes - Head Coach Calhoun, Georgia

3) Mark Majors - Assistant Coach-Fulton High School

4) Chris Lindsay - Former Head Coach @ West High School

5) Andy Rines - Head Coach-Heritage High School

This is the targeted coaches according the the Carter HS Administration.

Well, Well the cats out now.

The front runner is the School Board Rep. Son-In-Law I suppose he will kiss his behind like he wants and the green eyed she-devil will be happy too.

This is pathetic on Carter High School's part especilly Jim Williams and Cheryl Hickman.

Whoever gets the job will have a full cupboard with a solid Sr., Jr., and Fr. class from this year.

It's already been said once, but thank you Mr. John Mills for all the hard work you helped us with this past year you are great and helped the basketball team tremendously.

BTW the coach was fired and the AD didn't even know it. BWHAHAHA

SP Hornet,

First of all.....Lighten up........................FRANCIS!!!!!!!!

Second of all, sorry that you disagree with the administration and board member, but you should let them be the judge of the situation. I admit I think Mitchell did a decent coaching job, but apparently there is more to the situation than meets the eye. In fact, I am sure we will probably never know the reason for the dismissal, nor is it anyone but Mitchell's and the administration's business.

Thirdly, you told me "NO. FAKE PANTHER.NO" on March 31st. Were you so sure he was going to be kept, or are you just naturally that misinformed? :o

Finally, I am not sure what you mean by the politician you named "helping so much". Did he serve Cokes at halftime? take up tickets? Explain. :o

While I am sure Barnes is a strong possibility, I have also heard from one veteran ET coach that says a coach from Greeneville is also interested. I did not get the coach's name but he used to coach somewhere in Sevier County a few years ago. According to the coach I talked to, this candidate would be a "difference maker" in a program. Not sure if his situation fits the mold though. :)

Any other names being tossed around?

Billy Ray Duncan-now at Greeneville High School.

Coach Duncan was at Seymour.

He has dominated the IMAC and my team the Trojans-

since he rode into town.

Now with Coach Burkey taking part of the spotlight in Greeneville, Baseball Coach Richards as the AD, Coach Larry Hurst as a difference maker in the up and coming and soon to be dominate MO WEST program -he maybe looking to move.

Coach Duncan (if that he who FAKEPATHER5) was refering to is a great coach.