Congrats to All-State players!

gomab2

Congrats to all of the player on the All-State teams this year, but extra-special congrats to some players I had the previlege to coach over the years:

Congrats to Reginald Delk, Richard Delk, Dell Coleman, Nicchaeus Doaks, Xavier Webb, Joseph Bailey, all who played on the Ballerz Elite roster this past year, and Marquise Weddle, Joe Shivers, and Brandon Shane, who were in the program within the last few years...

I'm proud of all the guys, and especially happy to see an underrated warrior like Dell Coleman get some much overdue pub for his play... Congrats again!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all of the player on the All-State teams this year, but extra-special congrats to some players I had the previlege to coach over the years:

Congrats to Reginald Delk, Richard Delk, Dell Coleman, Nicchaeus Doaks, Xavier Webb, Joseph Bailey, all who played on the Ballerz Elite roster this past year, and Marquise Weddle, Joe Shivers, and Brandon Shane, who were in the program within the last few years...

I'm proud of all the guys, and especially happy to see an underrated warrior like Dell Coleman get some much overdue pub for his play... Congrats again!!!

825630899[/snapback]

Could not agree more on comment about underrated players like Dell Coleman. Same goes for Alan North of JCS who drilled seven three pointers vs Trenton in the sub-state game. Best of Luck to all of you !!

Black n Orange wrote:

I don't understand why he (ND) was even a contender for Mr. Basketball. He was suspended for two games this season as I understand it. That should have automatically disqualified him for an honor like Mr. Basketball. I believe that honor should encompass not only skills and grades, but sportsmanship. He demonstrated, very vocally, to the Middleton fans his unsportsmanlike behavior. And by the way, our boys DID stop you!

Never were more true words written. Whatever happened to sportsmanship? This is in reference to the guy who "was named" 1A Mr. Basketball. First, I do not dislike him--I care for him very much. I have a responsibility to speak the truth. And the truth is there are several accounts of him being significantly slowed on the court and numerous accounts of Poor Sportsmanship. He should have been named, "Mr. Bad Attitude, Mr. Technical or at best Mr. Potential" Good Day.

"And by the way, our boys DID stop you!" Not sure who black n orange is referring to but for a guy of his size and ability it is fair to say he was significantly slowed in state tourney and almost "shut down" in sub-state game vs JCS (12 pts.)

Free Speech is a privilege which carries with it responsibilty--dont squelch it !!

gomab 2, why dont you just pucket those lips up big a kiss up a little more to doaks.  No one is arguing the fact that your man is a good player... but his bad attitude cannot go unnoticed...

825631503[/snapback]

A special congratulations goes to Marq Murden #35 Middleton's MVP! And about Doaks and his attitude, I am a Middleton fan and we were right there at the bottom when he come over there running his mouth and it seemed that before he could even get a word out of his mouth our whole crowd was already yelling right back at him. But that incident was a sign of bad sportsmanship on his part, but he also is a good basketball player and you have to give him his props. Not saying that I think he deserved to win Mr. Basketball or anything like that.

CONGRATUALTIONS MIDDLETON!!!

one player puzzled me on the AA team and that was Singleton from Haywood...in my opinion he was only the 3rd best player on his team this past year. i figured either Liggins or Varnardo would have made it over him.

mhstigerfan, ive thought all year that Murden was the one guy capable of stepping up and being the elite player that Middleton lacked and finally in state tournament he proved that he can be that #1 guy for yall. he is a player to watch out for next year...he is capable of carrying his state performance over into next season and averaging 20 a game.

Leave a negative post like that for another thread!!! This thread is a congrats to some players I am close to on truly outstanding seasons...

825631416[/snapback]

I feel that I am mentioning the really important issues of Character Development and Sportsmanship which some dont want to think about anymore much less dialogue about.

If one doesnt think character is more important than athleticism look at Kobe B. He took the best NBA team possibly ever assembled and dismantled it with his pride and selfishness. Good DAY

CONGRATULATIONS, Nicchaeus!  All State Team!  WOW!  What a year you have had!  Keep up the good work!

Congratulations to ALL of the All State Team players.  What an accomplishment!

825631628[/snapback]

You are a wise mother (fan) to commend Nic for his accomplishments but please throw him a party when he shows good sportsmanship as this is more important than his prowess on the court. Just send me the bill, I wont to pay for half of the blowout as I want encourage him too--esp. in this area of life.

Our kids need encouragement but especially good role models. Hope all our coaches are reading.

Best Wishes to entire Family B)