AC vs KINGSTON

will win district

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams played like crap.. Kingston made errors and AC left 10 men on base. I expect both teams to have their A game come monday night in loudon...

But on a good note AC went back to their place later that night to finish LC game and AC went on a 2 out rally in the bottom of the 7th against Duncan to win 6-5.. SO good job AC its good to see the old team back for a change...

I don't think Kingston played like "crap", or AC for that matter. Did either play at the top of their game? No.

As usual, Kingston left a pitcher in for at least an inning too long. AC couldn't capitalize on Kingston mistakes and left too many runners stranded. Kingston did capitalize on AC mistakes and got the runners across the plate. Part of baseball and that's what usually happens when 2 good teams meet. Look at the 1st meeting at AC. Kingston didn't play well. AC played good, not great, but good. AC won the game by 1 run. Agree, it would be nice to see both teams playing at the top of their game. Maybe we'll see that Monday.

One more thing. I'll get bashed for this, but here it goes anyhow. Leave the whinning Mom's at home! Especially the red head. What a mouth. I didn't know that women in Anderson Co. used that kind of language! Keep it on that side of the county line, or at least on your side of the field. Their are small kids around, if for no other reason.

well yes both teams played like crap. well AC did. and i am sure the team feels the same way. Everyone at AC expects better out of themselves and i know the coaches do.

And now BLEACHERCOACH you are right you are going to bashed for your comment.

I am sure if you have a problem with the red head she would be glad to talk to you about it. If not make you wish you had never opened yours on coacht.

Now from my point of view moms will be moms nothing was said that was out of hand or the ordinary and you must not be much of a man to get on a dang computer and talk crap about a mom!!! Please have some balls about yourself....

Baseballfan9383, as mentioned before, I expected to get some back lash from that statement. So, thats not a problem. 1st let me say, I don't know the red head or any of the other mom's or dad's on AC's team. Towards the end of the game, I do know what I and many others heard. Make no mistake, it was not language that I would want my kids hearing! Luckly, my kids are grown. The reason I brought this up on this forum is simply this, we all get emotional at sporting events, but show some common refrain with the language. I pointed out the red head because I heard most of it from her mouth and did when Kingston played at AC earlier in the year. "out of hand", I disagree with. "out of the ordinary" I believe that.

I won't comment about your last sentence. But will say this, if this happens at Loudon next week, and I'm there, I will see that anyone using that kind of language is removed from the park. Will that make you feel better?

It's high school baseball; get over it!

Your exactly right. I follow hs baseball, partly because it's my job, the other part because I love watching the players play with passion. I don't come to games to hear parents using foul language because they disagreed with an umpires call. There's a line that you don't cross with the language, and too many adults are crossing that line these days. Even have heard some kids getting away with it to umpires and coaches. This should never happen!

In my job, I'm looking for athletes that not only have the talent to play at the next level, but also have the morals and attitude to handle the pressures of the next level. Unfortuantely, I'm finding less and less of that these days. Yes, I also look at the parents as well. If you have parents that continueously stay on umpires, players, coaches, etc., typically the kids follow in that same path as far as attitudes. Playing with passion and attitude is not what we are talking about here. We are talking about class and respect. Class to know when enough is enough and respect for those not having a choice but to listen. What about respect for your child? Do you really think he/she is proud of how some of these parents act or the language they are using?

I'll close with this. I have watched many kids play the game of baseball. Most at the hs level are aspiring to play at the college level. When a recruiter/scout comes to watch a player or players, do you think they are only watching the players talent and attitude? No. They are also looking at the parents. When you sign a player to a college scholarship, your not just getting the player, your getting the parents too.

Oh, one last comment on this issue. I'll never get over it!

Nice, Bleachercoach.

I've always told my kids this: sure, you can blame the umps or the luck or the wind or the sun. Whatever. But if you blame something that is outside of you, you will never get better. Blame yourself, figure out what you did wrong, and fix it.

And I've also mentioned to them that I absolutely *love* it when a parent blames the umps. I love it! That means less competition for my kid, who's blaming himself and working on fixing himself.

This is hilarious. We went from rude comments from parents, to the effects the parents have on the children. In my opinion, a good athlete wouldnt let the parents of himself or other players effect his game. And if they do effect his game, then its the coaches job to jerk his butt in line and screw his head on straight. If the comments are really that bad then why does the ump not seem to mind? You (bleachercoach) pretty much said that the entire ball park heard the "woman with the red hair" and her "rude comments". So obviously if her comments were that loud the ump heard her also. But he didn't do much about it so the comments must not have been too bad. Also, I really doubt what she said was crossing the line. I know this lady. Yeah, she gets loud, but shes never obscene.

i would have to agree i have known the red headed lady for a very long time and she has been around baseball a very long time also. I can promise you that she did not say anything that you your self wouldn't say at a ball game. So first of all i think you have the wrong person. Second if you are going to make a negative comment you could at least not single a certain person out. You could have at least said some of the parents on the AC side said some things that were not acceptible. Instead of singleing a certain lady out. Which this is really kinda funny b/c the red headed lady doen't even cuss or anything anyway..I am sure your comments on here will have her fired up for tonight..

And who gives you the authority to throw anyone out at loudon anyway!!!!

Let's see. Who would have that authority? Umpire. Law enforcement. School administrator. TSSAA offiical. You figure it out.

Your right on one point. I shouldn't have used this forum to single her out. Although, she singled herself out at the game. Yes, I could have and probably should have singled her out when I heard her comments. My mistake. It won't happen again.

Let's move on. Play Ball!! See you at Loudon. Looking forward to a good game.