Notre Dame at Tullahoma

Mueller

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have been a good game....for the second time.  Tullahoma has now cancelled on ND not once, but twice now.  As one of the posters said above, all of Notre Dame's players play for division one clubs who are all top three in the state.  Notre Dame is up for a game on any field, rain or shine, snow or sleet (Notre Dame isn't worried about losing its undefeated season).  Notre Dame is certainly looking forward to a rescheduled game, if Tullahoma is up for it.  ND doesn't appreciate the criticisim from a team that isn't half as skilled as they are.

825641076[/snapback]

Quite confident. Would have been an interesting game...

Would have been a good game....for the second time.  Tullahoma has now cancelled on ND not once, but twice now.  As one of the posters said above, all of Notre Dame's players play for division one clubs who are all top three in the state.  Notre Dame is up for a game on any field, rain or shine, snow or sleet (Notre Dame isn't worried about losing its undefeated season).  Notre Dame is certainly looking forward to a rescheduled game, if Tullahoma is up for it.  ND doesn't appreciate the criticisim from a team that isn't half as skilled as they are.

825641076[/snapback]

Are you incapable of reading, or do you not have enough room for it in your big head? For the last time, we did not cancel the ccs game. Your coach and our coach agreed not to play. If your coach told you a different story he's obviously starving for a "buddy buddy" relationship with his team. As for the cancel today, the feild is under water. If it were at yalls place it would still be cancelled. The game HAS been rescheduled. I believe it will be played May 3rd. So bring it.

By the way, congradulations on the the division one clubs. We're all real proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Wow...That coach of Notre Dame's must seriously be afraid of telling the truth to his players considering both teams agreed not to play. The field IS under water so either way it wouldn't be soccer, it would be splashing with a ball in the mud. Either way down at CCS..Warren county already left so yalls consolation game was cancelled so whine to them about it. FRA beat you in the end so you're not undefeated. SoccerInfo says a Tie but you and everyone who watched the end at CCS knows what happens and come rematch time we'll strip you of your rich boy cockiness when we whip you thoroughly

guys...come on...we all know that Tullahoma didn't 'back out'. Did everyone not see the radar for today? We might as well have played in the Mississippi (that't a river :o ). Our field WAS underwater, so I don't wanna hear any more of this "Tullahoma cancelled on us 'again'...they're a bunch of wimps and they must be scared of us." What the heck, ND? I figured that you would have more sense than that, and I hope that's not what you really think. If it is, I sympathize with your peers for your ignorance. So I think we all need to stop this crap and settle it on the field.

Notre Dame did not lose to FRA, they tied. Had the game not been a tournament game, both teams would have walked off the field with a 0-0 tie. Since it was a tournament game, one team had to advance. Notre Dame did not advance; however, they did not lose. The game was a 0-0 tie. The MLS-style shootout is not an accepted way to decide a high school game but was merely used to advance a team in the tournament.

CCS, the people putting on the tournament, advanced Notre Dame to the championship game, not Notre Dame. The 4:30 championship match was set by CCS, not Notre Dame. According to the Notre Dame players, they were ready to play and Tullahoma elected not to play, and the news report from Chattanoogan.com confirms that. You can see it for yourself. You should be careful about talking about the Notre Dame coach, a good man who does not need you questioning his actions.

The real questions are why FRA went through with a shootout when they had no intention of playing in the championship game, thereby screwing up the entire tournament, and why Tullahoma was willing to accept a championship trophy when all they won were quarterfinal and semifinal matches. If Tullahoma did not want to play in the championship match that was their right but they shouldn't have accepted the championship when they declined to play.

Notre Dame did not lose to FRA, they tied.  Had the game not been a tournament game, both teams would have walked off the field with a 0-0 tie.  Since it was a tournament game, one team had to advance. Notre Dame did not advance; however, they did not lose. The game was a 0-0 tie. The MLS-style shootout is not an accepted way to decide a high school game but was merely used to advance a team in the tournament.

CCS, the people putting on the tournament, advanced Notre Dame to the championship game, not Notre Dame. The 4:30 championship match was set by CCS, not Notre Dame. According to the Notre Dame players, they were ready to play and Tullahoma elected not to play, and the news report from Chattanoogan.com confirms that. You can see it for yourself. You should be careful about talking about the Notre Dame coach, a good man who does not need you questioning his actions.

The real questions are why FRA went through with a shootout when they had no intention of playing in the championship game, thereby screwing up the entire tournament, and why Tullahoma was willing to accept a championship trophy when all they won were quarterfinal and semifinal matches. If Tullahoma did not want to play in the championship match that was their right but they shouldn't have accepted the championship when they declined to play.

825641334[/snapback]

Several points:

1) "Notre Dame plavers" and "Chattanoogan.com" are clearly not the most unbiased sources to trust. Gee, I wonder who's side they would pick?

2) Why should people who were right there when it happened not question him when it clearly goes against what they know to be true?

3) Tullahoma won their semi-final match, Notre Dame did not. Both coaches agreed that it was unnecessary to play a game that was supposed to be settled today.

Isn't it possible that the Notre Dame coach agreed to not play the championship game when it became clear that Tullahoma did not want to play it, even though his team was ready to play? Otherwise, why would he have all his players show up for the match? So, in effect, even though he and his team were ready to play the game he could have agreed to not play the game, since what choice did he have. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Im' tired of hearing that ND was ready to play. Every single one of the Tullahoma players had their gear on and were ready to warm up at the feild. It is apparent that both teams have been told different things or heard different things. It is also clear that Tullahoma wants to play ND since the game has already been rescheduled. If you guys (ND) want to keep talking smack go right ahead, but the first time you guys cancel a game for weather I'll be here calling you guys chicken and saying "OH YOUR SO SCARED TO PLAY". In no way am i trying to start something but alot of crap has been said from both sides and everyone needs to think about to stupid BS they are saying. When the game is played then we will see what happens but til then get the crap to a minnimum.

Edited by -captain04-