What's going on with Red Bank?

Owlsbaseballfan

Has owlsbaseballfan ever played the game before? What an idiot! This is baseball, you have good days and bad days. Just like Ooltewah had against Ringgold...

Same thing happen with Ooltewah last year in the district tournament. They had a couple of bad games and got sent home. The year Ooltewah went to the state tournament, they were over-achievers and no-where near as talented as this years team. I'm not saying they didn't have talent, they just didn't have this much talent. The biggest difference was the leadership.

Remember, in baseball the law of averages is always working against you...

Has owlsbaseballfan ever played the game before? What an idiot! This is baseball, you have good days and bad days. Just like Ooltewah had against Ringgold...

Same thing happen with Ooltewah last year in the district tournament. They had a couple of bad games and got sent home. The year Ooltewah went to the state tournament, they were over-achievers and no-where near as talented as this years team. I'm not saying they didn't have talent, they just didn't have this much talent. The biggest difference was the leadership.

Remember, in baseball the law of averages is always working against you...

825639446[/snapback]

Don't know who you are Main, but great post! Until someone steps up on this Owls team and becomes a leader ON the field and OFF the field, I think this team's inconsistencies will continue. They've got to come together as a team and fight for each and every game - no matter who they're playing.

Red Bank will be fine.  They are in a tough district and that district historically beats each other up pretty good.  It's all about the tournament anyway.

825639461[/snapback]

I asked this question a while back and never got a straight answer. I keep hearing where Red Bank is young again this year, with a lot of freshmen. I hear the same thing every year, they had 2 seniors last year and only 3 seniors this year. What happens to all their "great" young players? Why don't they ever have 6 or 7 good seniors like a lot of teams around here? Do they not graduate? Do they switch schools? A team will never win if its young every year. Eventually you have to have a veteran team, like Hixson and Ooltewah this year to name a few, but the coach always cries about how young his team is. Red Bank is suppose to have this great youth program, but they can't field a team that can score on Ooltewah. Maybe someone can explain.