Sub-State Results

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ptguard12,

Is there a website where the AAU state tournament brackets are out for the 12 year olds?

825656864[/snapback]

No, the official bracket with times and places isn't out yet. But I can tell you who will be in what pool and that is as follows:

Pool A

KGC Lady Pride

Tennessee Wings

Tennessee Lady Tigers

Tennessee Top Guns

Pool B

Memphis Glory

Tennessee Express

Tennessee Lady Trotters

Cookeville Crushers

The KGC Lady Pride are the Defending 11U State Champions and are currently the only team with a bid to Nationals. Now, I may be wrong, but I think because they finished 4th at Nationals last year, they earned an extra bid to Nationals for the Tennessee AAU Association. Therefore, 5 teams other than the KGC Lady Pride will earn births to Nationals this year.

ptguard12,

Thank you for the information, do you know much about the 12 year old teams?  I know the Pride should be ranked #1 and are very good but how about the Tigers and Top Guns?  How would you rate the 8 teams?

825657335[/snapback]

1. KGC Lady Pride

2. Tennessee Top Guns

3. Tennessee Lady Trotters

4. Tennessee Lady Tigers

5. Memphis Glory

6. Tennessee Wings

7. Cookeville Crushers

8. Tennessee Express

Now, some of that may not make much sense to alot of people, but you have to see alot of these teams and know alot about them to really know. I think if the Tennessee Lady Tigers had not been upset by the Sycamore Sparks in the North Middle Sub-State, they would have taken out the Cookeville Crushers. I think the Tennessee Lady Trotters, Tennessee Top Guns, and Tennessee Lady Tigers are the three teams most capable of competeing with the KGC Lady Pride because they all have a complete package--tough defense, good inside and outside game, and great coaching. The Lady Trotters (Defending 11U YBOA National Champions) beat the Top Guns earlier in the year by 1 and hung in with the Lady Pride for much of the game in the East Sub-State. I'm sure the Memphis Glory will do fine as they are in the easier of the 2 pools. The Tennessee Wings have little to no experience in the State Tournament and that could be a factor but I really don't know that much about them (maybe you could let me know a little more about them). The Tennessee Express are young (half the team is 11) and really only have 1 great player, but she probably won't be enough to carry them in the State Tournament, though they might get a win over the Cookeville Crushers. The Crushers really aren't all that impressive as they lack an outside game and can be really careless with the ball at times.

Edited by ptguard12

Thanks again, I dont know how you keep up with so many age groups but you do a good job ranking the girls teams throughout the season. You must do alot of research because you are usually right on top of it.

You asked about our Wings team. We have been to state the last three years in YBOA and we are getting better each year. The Trotters knocked us out last year in the final round and it was a really good game. This is our first year in AAU but we played well in Memphis last week. Looks like we are in a really tough bracket.

Thanks again for the information.

all this talk is making me nervous....lol

ptguard 12 does an incredible job of watching and reporting on the teams

from where i set the state is wide open!!!!

allready we have played the trotters,wings and top guns

and know full well how good they are

the top guns beat us in the cleveland blitz tourny so until we prove otherwise id have to sayt he top guns would be the favorite

hey robpride,

I know what you mean, this year’s state tournament should be a good one. We've gotten off to a slow start this year but hopefully we'll be ready by state.

ptguard does do a good analysis of the teams. I haven't seen the TOP GUNs this year but they've always been in the thick of things, consistently getting better.

The anticipation is buliding, should be fun though. Good luck to all the teams and

LET's PLAY BALL ! ! ! thumb

Well I do the best that I can. I haven't got to see as many games this year as I did last year, but I have seen a few and my informants keep me well informed on what's going on with all the teams.

Robpride, from where I'm sitting your Lady Pride is still the team to beat simply because you got beat by the Top Guns on their home floor (so to speak) and I found the Top Guns to be very inconsistent at the Super Regional this weekend based on what I was told and the scores of their games.

Greenfieldfan, you are right, the toughest pool is the pool you are in. I hope your team has solid players at all positions because the three teams in your pool are solid and deep all the way around. Size wise, I think the Tennessee Top Guns and KGC Lady Pride are the two tallest teams in the tournament (and probably the fastest). The Tennessee Lady Tigers have some big post players (3 kids at or around 5'10" to 6') but are slightly small at the guard position. So, hopefullly you have some size on your team to counter those players.

Tyjacks, there is no doubt in my mind that the Glory will be ready by State. I mean, when have you even known a team from Memphis not to make some noise at the State Tournament? It's pretty much a given coming into the tournaments each year. Don't worry, they should advance out of their pool and into bracket play along with the Tennessee Lady Trotters.

Regardless, this is going to be a great State Tournament and I will be on hand to witness all of it. I can sit here and make these predictions all day long and tell you who should beat who based on talent and abilities, but none of that really amounts to a hill of beans. I can't account for the heart of a team and sometimes a little heart and belief that you can beat the best is all a team needs to win. I'm sure there will be some upsets along the way, but that's what makes everything so interesting. It would be boring if I was always able to predict exactly what was going to happen. Good luck to all the teams and may the best teams in Tennessee advance to Nationals in Amarillo.

tyjacks! good to hear from you! i predicted last year wherever you coached youd be back in the thick of things this year!

this state really does shape up as an exciting one with anyone capapable of stepping up!

the top guns have good team spead and size and are well coached!

the wings seem extremely disciplined and also very well coached!

the trotters have both an outside and inside game this year!

and from what im reading about the tigers and glory well wow im gonna have to chain myself to the bench from pure excitement.....lol

good luck to all.!!!

Well I do the best that I can.  I haven't got to see as many games this year as I did last year, but I have seen a few and my informants keep me well informed on what's going on with all the teams. 

Robpride, from where I'm sitting your Lady Pride is still the team to beat simply because you got beat by the Top Guns on their home floor (so to speak) and I found the Top Guns to be very inconsistent at the Super Regional this weekend based on what I was told and the scores of their games. 

Greenfieldfan, you are right, the toughest pool is the pool you are in.  I hope your team has solid players at all positions because the three teams in your pool are solid and deep all the way around.  Size wise, I think the Tennessee Top Guns and KGC Lady Pride are the two tallest teams in the tournament (and probably the fastest).  The Tennessee Lady Tigers have some big post players (3 kids at or around 5'10" to 6') but are slightly small at the guard position.  So, hopefullly you have some size on your team to counter those players.

Tyjacks, there is no doubt in my mind that the Glory will be ready by State.  I mean, when have you even known a team from Memphis not to make some noise at the State Tournament?  It's pretty much a given coming into the tournaments each year.  Don't worry, they should advance out of their pool and into bracket play along with the Tennessee Lady Trotters. 

Regardless, this is going to be a great State Tournament and I will be on hand to witness all of it.  I can sit here and make these predictions all day long and tell you who should beat who based on talent and abilities, but none of that really amounts to a hill of beans.  I can't account for the heart of a team and sometimes a little heart and belief that you can beat the best is all a team needs to win.  I'm sure there will be some upsets along the way, but that's what makes everything so interesting.  It would be boring if I was always able to predict exactly what was going to happen.  Good luck to all the teams and may the best teams in Tennessee advance to Nationals in Amarillo.

825657690[/snapback]

Very good analysis! I know that KGC is fundamentally sound, but what are the sizes and speed situations of their guards (1 - 3)? Also, are they a true consistent threat from the perimeter? Just Curious!

:D

Well I do the best that I can.  I haven't got to see as many games this year as I did last year, but I have seen a few and my informants keep me well informed on what's going on with all the teams. 

Greenfieldfan, you are right, the toughest pool is the pool you are in.  I hope your team has solid players at all positions because the three teams in your pool are solid and deep all the way around.  Size wise, I think the Tennessee Top Guns and KGC Lady Pride are the two tallest teams in the tournament (and probably the fastest).  The Tennessee Lady Tigers have some big post players (3 kids at or around 5'10" to 6') but are slightly small at the guard position.  So, hopefullly you have some size on your team to counter those players.

Tyjacks, there is no doubt in my mind that the Glory will be ready by State.  I mean, when have you even known a team from Memphis not to make some noise at the State Tournament?  It's pretty much a given coming into the tournaments each year.  Don't worry, they should advance out of their pool and into bracket play along with the Tennessee Lady Trotters. 

Regardless, this is going to be a great State Tournament and I will be on hand to witness all of it.  I can sit here and make these predictions all day long and tell you who should beat who based on talent and abilities, but none of that really amounts to a hill of beans.  I can't account for the heart of a team and sometimes a little heart and belief that you can beat the best is all a team needs to win.  I'm sure there will be some upsets along the way, but that's what makes everything so interesting.  It would be boring if I was always able to predict exactly what was going to happen.  Good luck to all the teams and may the best teams in Tennessee advance to Nationals in Amarillo.

825657690[/snapback]

We have played 4 of the 8 teams-KGC, Top Guns, Glory, and the Wings twice. We split with the Wings, and played the Glory and Top Guns very close. We could only stay with KGC for a half before their discipline and experience took over. I have not seen the Trotters, Lady Pride or Tigers but I hear great reports on all of them. I'm disappointed we couldn't punch our ticket for the big party but I will be there cheering on our West Tn friends. Bottom line, it's wide open with a #4 national seed at stake.