Ooltewah Most Improved Team

katfo15

I think the problems with the empty fields were being able to get umpires for them. Also the city is very picky about the fields and would not allow Ooltewah to use certain ones until certain times. We could not use the stadium all day because UTC had a game. The rain Thursday did push everything out of sync. Sorry for the championship game going so late but there really was not anything we could do any differently. We did the best we could under the circumstances. We did have several extra inning games and there were some teams that insisted on there 3rd pool game that they were supposed to have played on Thursday and we accomodated them.

825647209[/snapback]

Katfo15 thanks for the explaination.....picker 25 thought that I was being hateful, but you can see where I was coming from. I can see where there was problems.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one was hateful....it just was unorganized...yes some games did go into overtime....but that should not have put the whole tourney behind. I think giving extra games to teams isnt such a good thing when you cant get the scheduled games in before 230AM.  I thought that Soddy's tourney was much more organized and everthing was on time.

825647401[/snapback]

bashits:

That's why we read before we post...

Edited by picker25

No one was hateful....it just was unorganized...yes some games did go into overtime....but that should not have put the whole tourney behind. I think giving extra games to teams isnt such a good thing when you cant get the scheduled games in before 230AM.  I thought that Soddy's tourney was much more organized and everthing was on time.

825647401[/snapback]

As usual Soddy is better at everything. They had only about 12 teams and Ooltewah had 22. We just tried to give the teams there 3 pool games they were told they would get if they insisted. You did notice I also said umpires were a problem not just extra inning games and extra games. I am being honest it was as organized under the circumstances as it could have been. We could not have done anything else with the situation maybe it will be smoother next year.

As usual Soddy is better at everything. They had only about 12 teams and Ooltewah had 22. We just tried to give the teams there 3 pool games they were told they would get if they insisted. You did notice I also said umpires were a problem not just extra inning games and extra games. I am being honest it was as organized under the circumstances as it could have been. We could not have done anything else with the situation maybe it will be smoother next year.

825647412[/snapback]

Ofcourse Soddy did not have rain. Did they really only have 12 teams..I thought it was more. Why couldnt you all get enough umpires?

Do you know the details of the rule violation? It was ridiculous. Lamar's daughter was playing summer ball and during the TSSAA "down" period someone snapped a picture of him sitting on a bucket with a lot af players around him and accused him of coaching. He was not he had just fininshed watching a game and the girls were just around him talking. When Ronnie Carter investigated this it was found to be nothing. Soddy had already found an asst. and I guess they didn't ask him back for that reason. I really don't know the details of why he did not return to Soddy. I have heard a lot of rumors about a few parents not wanting him back. I do not know and do not care. We are glad to have him at Ooltewah and anyone who has a child that plays fastpitch and wants to take a holier than thou attitude you are in the wrong sport. If your daughter has plans on playing in college you better get ready for her to grow up because your little comment about Clifford making players cry and Lamar violating a rule will be slapped right back in your face. Life is not fair and what happened to Lamar was not fair someone did a petty thing to him. If your daughter is good enough to get a scholarship I hope her coach has prepared her for the real world. It's about winning and in college you are bought and paid for. Lot's of sheltered players can't get through the first year of college ball because parents and coaches didn't have them ready. Good Luck to your daughter and GPS this year. Idon't know anything about 3 times it seems like they would have banned him from coaching if that were the case. Maybe the TSSAA needs investigated. Maybe parents need to shut up and mind there own teams business. Every time an Ooltewah fan puts something positive on the site about our team everybody goes psycho!!!!

825647022[/snapback]

Katco, the sky may be falling in, because on this subject I agree with you. Any parent or girl who thinks college ball is a walk in the park had better be ready for a rude awakening. The coaches will swoon ya at first to recruit you, but once you set foot on campus, you aren't worth the dirt you walk on. Players that have not been exposed to any types of verbal abuse on the high school or travel ball level will be in for a surprise. Most coaches coach by intimidation, as they see that as the best way of getting the most out of the player. If it creates a lot of tears, they dont worry about it.

Do you know the details of the rule violation? It was ridiculous. Lamar's daughter was playing summer ball and during the TSSAA "down" period someone snapped a picture of him sitting on a bucket with a lot af players around him and accused him of coaching. He was not he had just fininshed watching a game and the girls were just around him talking. When Ronnie Carter investigated this it was found to be nothing. Soddy had already found an asst. and I guess they didn't ask him back for that reason. I really don't know the details of why he did not return to Soddy. I have heard a lot of rumors about a few parents not wanting him back. I do not know and do not care. We are glad to have him at Ooltewah and anyone who has a child that plays fastpitch and wants to take a holier than thou attitude you are in the wrong sport. If your daughter has plans on playing in college you better get ready for her to grow up because your little comment about Clifford making players cry and Lamar violating a rule will be slapped right back in your face. Life is not fair and what happened to Lamar was not fair someone did a petty thing to him. If your daughter is good enough to get a scholarship I hope her coach has prepared her for the real world. It's about winning and in college you are bought and paid for. Lot's of sheltered players can't get through the first year of college ball because parents and coaches didn't have them ready. Good Luck to your daughter and GPS this year. Idon't know anything about 3 times it seems like they would have banned him from coaching if that were the case. Maybe the TSSAA needs investigated. Maybe parents need to shut up and mind there own teams business. Every time an Ooltewah fan puts something positive on the site about our team everybody goes psycho!!!!

825647022[/snapback]

KATFO, Why in the world have you erroneously brought GPS into this thread? The person you're quoting is from Baylor. Maybe you should check peoples posting history before you go off on a tangent!

Why are we comparing a Soddy-run tourney and an Ooltewah-run tourney....???

Just be happy there are tourney's! Who cares if you play at 4AM?!?!?! Be happy and thankful you have the opportunity to still be playing. I guarantee you there are a bunch of those teams who would have loved to be playing in a semi-final or championship game no matter what time it was! Play and enjoy it because you LOVE the game - not because of the time the game starts!

KATFO, Why in the world have you erroneously brought GPS into this thread? The person you're quoting is from Baylor. Maybe you should check peoples posting history before you go off on a tangent!

825647573[/snapback]

GPS…Baylor, private school mentality what does it matter? Sitting in judgment of us public schools and our coaches. Were getting our kids ready for the real world, which is not perfect.

Good luck to both this year!

Congrats to Baylor on their victory yesterday!

GPS…Baylor, private school mentality what does it matter?  Sitting in judgment of us public schools and our coaches.  Were getting our kids ready for the real world, which is not perfect. 

Good luck to both this year!

Congrats to Baylor on their victory yesterday!

825648050[/snapback]

Well I guess ignorance is bliss!, My son graduated from public school last year where he was a state champion wrestler, my daughter attended public school up until this year,she played for Clifford Kirk the last three years so I think she is prepared to play softball. As far as preparing your kids for the real world, let me assure you that public school is a "walk in the park" compared to GPS. Every private school parent is not sitting in judgement of your school. We have some really good friends playing for Ooltewah as well as SoddyDaisy. As a matter of fact Lamar coached my daughter earlier and we like him alot. Some of the posters on here are VERY thin skinned.

Well I guess ignorance is bliss!, My son graduated from public school last year where he was a state champion wrestler, my daughter attended public school up until this year,she played for Clifford Kirk the last three years so I think she is prepared to play softball. As far as preparing your kids for the real world, let me assure you that public school is a "walk in the park" compared to GPS. Every private school parent is not sitting in judgement of your school. We have some really good friends playing for Ooltewah as well as SoddyDaisy. As a matter of fact Lamar coached my daughter earlier and we like him alot. Some of the posters on here are VERY thin skinned.

825648089[/snapback]

I have had a lot of family members graduate from private schools.

We appreciate the private school parents who know a little bit about the real world. The majority of then do not; that's why they choose to pay for their children to be sheltered and privileged. I do not consider myself ignorant just well informed. I too attended a high dollar private school for 2 years then went back to the public school system. I do not consider myself thin skinned; I have just experienced personally the difference in the public/private school sector. Public school kids experience many diverse factors daily with in the school environment that the private school kids do not have to deal with. Academically, private school is very challenging no one questions that but, real life is not about how well you do academically. You must learn to function and deal with all types of people. The private school parent who judged the coaches in the public school sector probably doesn’t know a thing about them but, you obviously do. Thanks for you input. Nice to know not all private school people put themselves on a pedestal.

If you ask the girls that have played for Clifford and Lamar they respect them too. If you are a serious ball player you must learn to deal with a serious coach that means business and might not act all perfect all the time. I believe that if your child loves the game and plays for Clifford or Lamar they will definitely be ready for college ball. That was just the point I was trying to make. Get the kids ready to go to the next level.