Tennessee Travelers 15U

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tennessee Travelers 15U team went 2-1 at the Nike Boo Williams Invitational. The one game they lost was by two in overtime. Everyone on the team showed positive improvement and everyone on the team had flashes of brilliance, but the three (3) players who stood out are listed as follows:

Tyrone Caldwell (Clarksville)

Quinche Dowdell (Oak Ridge)

Jordan Damron (Maryville)

These are three players that I would definitely keep my eye on!

The undersize K.A.Y.A. team took it to the Travelers this morning. I think the Travelers took them lightly and the K.A.Y.A. was once up by 21 points then that #5 started stroking shots like it wasn't a tomorrow. That was a great game to watch and some advice to the Travelers don't take a team light because of the size of the players..

You are exactly right, but I do not believe the TN Travelers took the K.A.Y.A. team lightly; K.A.Y.A. utilized their quickness and pressure defense and created offensive opportunities for themselves. They played extremely hard and aggressive, but could not get the defensive effort late that they needed.

For the TN Travelers, Jordan Damron (#5), from Maryville, hit seven 3-pointers and had an impressive all around floor game. Tyrone Caldwell (Clarksville), Quinche Dowdell (Oak Ridge), Josh Gregory (Webb), and Chandler Gross (Shelbyville) also played extremely well for the Travelers.

Both teams played extremely hard and represented their respective organizations in a first class manner!