High Jump

sh3ppard

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 6'4 wins state this year at any class I will be the sickest human around. I got 6'4 at state last year and took home the 4th place medal. The kid from McMinn is garbage. If Adams had been at BOP no one would even know this kids name. By the way has Adams given up on the high jump? I know he broke his foot last year but come on it's his senior year and it's only jumping.

Haha. Quit your trash talking man. You obviously don't know what you are talking about since BOP hasn't even happened yet. It's tomorrow. Robert may not be jumping anything outstanding right now but I guarantee you that everyone that keeps an eye on the field events will know who he is next year.

Thats it?  Is this a poor jumping year?  Most years it takes about 6'7" or so in order to get the win.

825659808[/snapback]

No, i was i just wondering if 6'2" - 6'4" was good enough to squeeze past sectionals and into state.. not if it would win.

Theres a lot of kids around the state that can jump high (see every high jumper at Science Hill), but not all of them can actually HIGH JUMP. For instance, I was jumping in a meet in upper east tennessee and two kids were in the meet from Science Hill. One was probably about 6 foot 6 and the other was probably about 5 foot 6. Both of them were good jumpers, infact they both scissored 5'8", but neither of them knew how to flop. I am trying right now to teach two kids in college how to high jump properly, they both can clear over 6'2", but one of them takes off on two feet and the other only wants to superman dive over. A leaping ability can only get you so far in this sport, its the grace of the "flop" that makes it great.