Oak Ridge Blunders Again

catscratch

Wow, seems to be a little biased don't you think.  No there is no difference.  Just because you say she has not scaled down her job, just because her kids went to Oak Ridge Schools, and just because she hasn't gotten a job she should be able to make decisions on what goes on in Oak Ridge next year.  Same principle, she will not be here just as Green. The bottom line is she won't be here next year, so tell me again, why she should be able to make decisions that effect our future and not Green.  I'm no supporter of Ken Green and I could care less about him, I just think it's funny how people feel that their view is the only view.  That's the same mentality that has gotten us to this point. 

Now who does it look like has an agenda.  Seems to me that everyone has their view and they will do or say anything they want to justify it.  I can't fault you on that, it's your right, but I also have a right to my view. 

With that being said, I have a lot of respect for Coach Lussier.  I played for him when coach Young and Gaddis were here.  His son Chad was our water boy.  I think that he and his family have represented the community well.  I wish him and his family well.

825647020[/snapback]

so who ddi they hire...mixed messages floating about...is it Gaddis or is it stevens???

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's try to make sense of this from a realistic standpoint. Say Coach Gaddis did not apply as did the other candidates. And the selection committee subverted the application process, contacted Coach Gaddis, determined he was their choice and the administration had hired coach Gaddis. What legal recourse would the other applicants have had, if any? Is this what happened?

I felt Coach Gaddis was the right choice. I also feel Coach Stevens is a fine choice, although not the first choice of many, including myself. I will give my full support to Coach Stevens. Any who will not support him, will be hurting the team in the process.

825646988[/snapback]

He did apply. The committee subverted NOTHING! They made the best choice in Coach Gaddis (THREE TIMES) and the outgoing principal denied it everytime because of his personal feeling towards Gaddis. Then he decided to select his first choice from the start, Coach Stevens.

Way to go Principal Green, you showed us who had the power in this selection. I have to say, I am glad you are leaving. You are not someone the Oak RIdge school system needs. PERIOD!

Edited by Brother Of "BIG TY"

He did apply.  The committee subverted NOTHING!  They made the best choice in Coach Gaddis (TWICE) and the outgoing principal denied it both times because of his personal feeling towards Gaddis.  Then he decided to select his first choice from the start, Coach Stevens.

Way to go Principal Green, you showed us who had the power in this selection.  I have to say, I am glad you are leaving.  You are not someone the Oak RIdge school system needs.  PERIOD!

825647127[/snapback]

Brother.....update.....the committee submitted their choice 3 times! Wh

He did apply. The committee subverted NOTHING!

I heard he did apply, but I also heard that the committe did subvert their decision. Word has it that on Friday, they were prepared to announce that the coach from Baylor would be the next head coach if he accepted and that coach Stevens and Gray were in the top three. Gaddis was not mentioned. (Was this just a smoke screen to appease the Stevens and Gray Supports.) If that is true then what happened over the weekend to make Gaddis such a front runner.

"And as all of the people here say, this came from a reliable source". But again it couldn't be true, because some think that others are not as priviledged as the them in getting information.

It goes back to this precious committee of 7 that so many seem to trust and who has been leaking information throughout this process. Some committee, seems to me they couldn't keep their mouth shut long enough for an official announcement. That is why we are at this point.

They seem to be sitting back and letting Green and Carringer take all of the heat. If they are so passionate about their recommendation, then why don't they reveal themselves in a public forum, so that the real community can question there thought process. Then we can truely get to the bottom of this. I am not as confident in this committees decision as some of you all are, and I'm sure that there are a lot of others.

Like it or not Stevens is our coach. Go Cats!

Edited by extremefury

I am tired of deleting the name-calling, etc, that this has turned into. If you have a problem with one of the people in the process then I suggest you go to him, look him in the eye, and tell him how you feel in a mature way. This discussion is closed.