Bearden vs. Farragut

Jorj

BOSS01, What are you talking about? See people like you should just never exsprese there thoughts. Farragut had great oppurtunities last night. The problem is they try and take the ball in to the 6 yard box and then shoot. If they would have shoot more from out side the 18 (Which was wide open ALL NIGHT LONG) they probbly would have found the net. Look at Bearden's keeper, how tall is he? The only player on Farragut who had balls to take the long shoot was number 12. He's the only one. He had the best looks all night long ( beside Austin Rohds breakaway that should have been finished) and two shoots came of the cross bar. The keeper just watched those two that came off the crossbar and couldn't do anything about them. Anything low and the Bearden keeper had. Farragut just didn't make smart desitions last night. Which goes back to coaching, this shows really how good of a coach Culbert really is. He doesn't have the tallent he had last year and that shows really what kind of coach he is. He has tallent and yet they don't win the games they should. The worse part is he called Turner a coaching genious. Turner's worse then Culbert. Turner thinks he has the boyz he did a couple of years ago. He tries to play the long ball, but news flash turner you don't have upshaw and hurbsritt there to play that style any more. Sooner or later Turner and Culbert has got to relize that there's more to coaching then just having talent and letting them play. Coaching have to know when to change the style of ball according to the style of players you have. And as for baidad and the rest of the junk that boss01 said about farragut not playing good, It's amazing how many people will get on these site and say things just to be heard. i wish the best of luck to both teams. Both have very tallented players and i know they will do well.

825648319[/snapback]

First of all I would like to ask, who is Culbert? I know a Culbreth, but no Culbert. You remind me of my days in Nam, when Charlie would always come out of the bushes in an all-out sneak attack mode, yet always unprepared. You were unprepared my friend. Unprepared in your knowledge of coaches, and of the game. You see, Farragut and Bearden have two state titles each in the past five years, because of great coaching. Also, last night Farragut did a good deal of shots outside the 18, their problem came (near the 18) when they wouldn't pick up their heads and look for a run from another, or a run wouldn't be made for that person to play it to them. Therefore they would be stuck with either a shot way too far out or attempting in beating 3 defenders. Their problem isn't their talent, its their attacking in the last third of the field. Once they get that they will be fine. I have no worries. Congrats to Bearden and me.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by appolgizing for all the spelling errors, there are probbolly alot.

wow once again the egnorant people come out of the closet. i bet you that nethier culbret nor turner win a state championship with another program. They probolly won't even come close. yes Turner lost 11 seniors last year and these is the year that really test how good of a coach he is. Can anyone read on this message board? "He doesn't have the tallent he had last year and that shows really what kind of coach he is. He has tallent and yet they don't win the games they should." is what i said in the earlier. Is Farragut winning the games they should? NO!!!!!!!!! As for Bearden, When they were state champs how many of those boyz played for a state championship club team? OH i guess that is coincedence. Same can be said for Farragut. Both Farragut and Bearden were stacked with Talented state championship club players. If they didn't win the High School state championship something would be wrong. I'm pretty sure my three year old neice could have coached them to the state championship. As for the comment by Doyle. Doyle was never serious about the game in the slitest. If he was would he be at MTSU? no. He's now a waste. He's really not even that good anymore. I've watched him play a couple of times. I guess his coach was that inspiring.

I've talked to a Bearden player and he said the same thing i did. Turner is trying to coach us like we are the past state champs. he won't adapt the style of ball to fit us. We would be alot better if he would change, But i guess since Turner is the all knowing then he'll win the state championship this year. and for all you who listened to him and said "oh he slammed you" congrads you just listened to a jv player and belived what he said. don't you feel like an idoit

Can anyone from knoxville area tell me the name of the christian brothers coach? if you can't then don't play the name game about winning state championships and "Every circle I travel in his name is always brought up as being one of the best."

As for my credentials and how many HIGH SCHOOL state championships i have. i have none. My parents didn't feel the need to move me into the bearden or farragut area and we couldn't afford CAK. but you know what? that didn't stop me from playing at the next level, which anyone will agree is better then high school ball. What are your credentials lion101? Playing JV and a part of the ultra lions. Wow, very impressive. This is the same kid who got slammed on another post. You have no clue about winning a state championship because well you never won one. so don't sit here and tell me about great coaching is the desiding factor in winning state. Wait till you win and then tell me

and boss01 why do you have to run your ignorant mouth? how can you say that two shots of the post was not their best look? I taped the game last night and watched it three times. You always see things better when you watch something more then once. Farragut had more then 10 shoots wide open that they didn't take outside the 18. how many times did you watch that game? Quite useing stupid cleshays and stick to knowlege about the game. i guess i wasn't unprepared.

Edited by umyphatcow44

BOSS01, What are you talking about? See people like you should just never exsprese there thoughts. Farragut had great oppurtunities last night. The problem is they try and take the ball in to the 6 yard box and then shoot. If they would have shoot more from out side the 18 (Which was wide open ALL NIGHT LONG) they probbly would have found the net. Look at Bearden's keeper, how tall is he? The only player on Farragut who had balls to take the long shoot was number 12. He's the only one. He had the best looks all night long ( beside Austin Rohds breakaway that should have been finished) and two shoots came of the cross bar. The keeper just watched those two that came off the crossbar and couldn't do anything about them. Anything low and the Bearden keeper had. Farragut just didn't make smart desitions last night. Which goes back to coaching, this shows really how good of a coach Culbert really is. He doesn't have the tallent he had last year and that shows really what kind of coach he is. He has tallent and yet they don't win the games they should. The worse part is he called Turner a coaching genious. Turner's worse then Culbert. Turner thinks he has the boyz he did a couple of years ago. He tries to play the long ball, but news flash turner you don't have upshaw and hurbsritt there to play that style any more. Sooner or later Turner and Culbert has got to relize that there's more to coaching then just having talent and letting them play. Coaching have to know when to change the style of ball according to the style of players you have. And as for baidad and the rest of the junk that boss01 said about farragut not playing good, It's amazing how many people will get on these site and say things just to be heard. i wish the best of luck to both teams. Both have very tallented players and i know they will do well.

825648319[/snapback]

I thought talent only had one L...I don't know I may be rawng...

Whys so much anger umyphatcow? I may have been jokin around in my other posts, but hear me out...enjoy life. From what you have been saying (bashing Farragut, Bearden, and players) it seems like you need to work on your attitude, you have so much hatred built up. The type of attitude where you could get dropped by someone. Im not sure about the rest of the people on here, but I know who you are. It's not a threat at all, im just letting you know that you need to work on that negativity of yours...that or your spelling. The point is something has got to be fixed.

it's not so much that it's anger as much as it is passion. i love this game. every since i graduated high school i've lived for this game. i don't eat because i love food, i eat to stay alive just so i can play soccer. i'm not the best but i'm working everyday to become better. the reason i posted and said the things i said is because coaches are lacking the same passion for the game. Nothing drives them except a high school state championship. i just relized not long ago that a high school state championship means nothing unless your still in high school. people out side of the tenn high school seen don't care. and as for the spelling, i'm still working on it. boss01 i doubt you know who i am. if so where do you know me from?

as for the anger towards any player, i have nothing but love for them. i've played with or against most of them. good luck to all.

Wow....Umyphatwhatever....what are you talking about. The state championships of from east tennessee in AAA "in our era" came when Turner and Culbreth came to the two schools . Sure they have had a good group of players in the past few years but to think the coaches have nothing to do with their teams success is rediculous. Knoxville is a big area and there have been very good teams before the past FOUR AAA (thats 2001 2002 2003 2004) state championship teams, but those teams were not able to bring home the trophies. So give credit where credits due, the players and COACHES.

Of course a Farragut and Bearden team that lost the incredible amount of talent they did the past few years will be looking for an identity. When either of them find it watch out.

And as for Doyle being a waste.....get over yourself. Doyle could of gone to many schools to wake up early, run, and practice everyday and live soccer for another four years at the prestigious "next level" as your esteemed self but i guess he decided something else was better for himself.......he is still one of the best high school players to come out in while.......

Either way I wouldnt count either of these teams out when it comes to championship time.....both have played stacked schedules compared to others in the classification which will only help later so when others are beatin cream puffs these hard fought games before district and region schedules will only help...all im sayin dont count east TN AAA out quite yet

And i'm sure someone on farragut or bearden can tell you the name of the CBHS head coach considering they both have beaten the purple wave this year............

I no longer post on here and try to stay off here and just follow the state results and report what is going on all over the state and report them to Soccerstudentsports. I no longer play in High School and am in college, but follow the state closely as a reporter and have extensive knowledge of every division of players and coaches, but I have to step in here, #1 it is Farragut that lost 11 seniors for the last two years not Bearden, while Bearden has lost some very good players also to graduation in the last two years and has definitely missed them. # 2 Turner has coached some successful select teams but has coached younger ages and has not had a chance at the state level yet. Culbreth has coached several State Champion club teams in Fla and Tennessee ( See Knoxville Paper article sports page May 2002). Both Turner and Culbreth hold the 2nd Highest Licenses awarded by the NSCAA coaches association. They obviously are serious about coaching and have studied the sport, and are good coaches. # 3 Aaron Doyle did say in an article after being named player of the year in Tenn, that he played harder because he never wanted to let his coach (Culbreth) down. # 4 Unfortuanately, for anyone to call Doyle a waste doesn't realize all that he did while playing High School Soccer or that maybe other things were more important to him after High School . # 5 Everyone thinks they could do a better job second guessing any coach, but bottom line is until you have done it and done it better than the coach you are judging, you have ABSOLUTELY NO ROOM TO TALK. In this case , No one should be judging these two coaches , because if you ask other coaches in the entire state at any division, which I have, everyone respects Turner and Culbreth as two of the best and so does Soccerstudentsports.com.

it's not so much that it's anger as much as it is passion. i love this game. every since i graduated high school i've lived for this game. i don't eat because i love food, i eat to stay alive just so i can play soccer. i'm not the best but i'm working everyday to become better. the reason i posted and said the things i said is because coaches are lacking the same passion for the game. Nothing drives them except a high school state championship. i just relized not long ago that a high school state championship means nothing unless your still in high school. people out side of the tenn high school seen don't care. and as for the spelling, i'm still working on it. boss01 i doubt you know who i am. if so where do you know me from?

as for the anger towards any player, i have nothing but love for them. i've played with or against most of them. good luck to all.

825648670[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but you have graduated from high school and you still train to be the best? Are you playing college ball or are you just playing for Dave Goldsmith? I know more than you think, but it doesn't matter cause nobody else on this thread cares about it. I just want you to know that I think you are wrong about how most coaches "these days" are lacking a passion, only to be state champions. The only coaches who are striving for these goals are the ones who are capable of doing it. Of course Culbreth and Turner are working their players to be the best (state champs). They each have two titles, what other goals can they set? A winning season? Those are for the schools who have had losing seasons (and there is nothing wrong with that goal). If there is a school who never made it to regionals, maybe their goal this year is to advance to regionals and once they hit that maybe their goal moves up higher, like going to memphis, for the next year. The point is once you reach your highest goal, like a state title, what else can you shoot for? especially if you have a team who is capable of achieving it again, like Farragut and Bearden. Besides, before you bash these two coaches, do you even know them personally to judge them? Also, anybody who says that they only eat food to survive so that they can play soccer must be crazy. Food can be pretty dang tastey. Have you had bread pudding at Famous Daves?

boss01, yes i still am trainning with dave, but i will be signing with a college in 1 to 2 weeks. why is it everyone on here thinks that tenn soccer is the elite and good at any level? year after year we are dominated at the region 3 tourny. i could care less about anything i did in high school, mainly because i didn't. I don't care because i'm going to a school that is building a great soccer program. Did my high school status get me there? No way. i would have had to settle for less if all i had was high school and even club soccer. nethier got me anywhere. a real coach got me to a top school. culbret nor turner could have got me there. My coach has developed some of the best. maybe you know two of them, josh wolf and demarcus beasily. I know about good coaching. i pretty much live with one. so don't say anything me having any room to talk. i've learned to look beyond tenn soccer. i never said culbret or turner weren't good coaches in the tenn area. i just think it's sad you all hold that in such a high regard considering once again it's tenn soccer. and boss01 as for "I know more than you think, but it doesn't matter cause nobody else on this thread cares about it" well i do. start a new tread.