MARSHALL CO?

zorroschild

HOW CAN A TEAM WITH 12 SENIORS LOSE TO SUCH PITIFUL BASEBALL PROGRAMS AS LEWIS COUTY, CASCADE, and LORETTO. MOST OF THESE SENIORS HAVE STARTED AT LEAST ONE SEASON? THEY ALL OWN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGs FROM THEIR BABE RUTH DAYS? HOW DO THEY PLAY SO WELL FOR COACH DANNY AND THEN SUDDENLY CANT HIT WHEN THEY GET TO HIGHSHOOL? THEY STARTED PRACTICE 2 WEEKS AFTER SCHOOL STARTED THIS YEAR? I JUST DONT GET IT!

THEY HAVE A GREAT COACHING STAFF WHO WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF? CAN THEY RALL Y THE TROOPS ONCE MORE?

SOMEONE ELSE RING IN WITH YOUR OPINIONS?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW CAN A TEAM WITH 12 SENIORS LOSE TO SUCH PITIFUL BASEBALL PROGRAMS AS LEWIS COUTY, CASCADE, and LORETTO. MOST OF THESE SENIORS HAVE STARTED AT LEAST ONE SEASON? THEY ALL OWN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGs FROM THEIR BABE RUTH DAYS? HOW DO THEY PLAY SO WELL FOR COACH DANNY AND THEN SUDDENLY CANT HIT WHEN THEY GET TO HIGHSHOOL? THEY STARTED PRACTICE 2 WEEKS AFTER SCHOOL STARTED THIS YEAR? I JUST DONT GET IT!

THEY HAVE A GREAT COACHING STAFF WHO WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF? CAN THEY RALL Y THE TROOPS ONCE MORE?

825649971[/snapback]

Eventhough the team has 12 seniors, all of them aren't getting playing time. They played well for Coach Danny because he was a GREAT Coach. They do have a great coaching staff now, but they have made some critical mistakes recently. Hopefully, the hitting will improve because that is where we are hurting. I really think that they can pull it together.

GO TIGERS!! Good luck tonight against Giles County!

Does anyone think it would be possible to hire Coach Danny as a hitting/pitching coach at Marshall county?

I know Football and Basketball have had non Faculty Coaches in the past?

Just a suggestion!

What Seniors arent getting playing time?

I know Stoltz missed most of Fall baseball practice because he was on the Football team? Has this Affected his Playing time?

The Schedule this week looks much easier! Giles Today! Im excited!

First it is not the coaching. How could you blame it on the coaches when they have done so well over the years. I don't think they have lost the regular season district title in like 10 years or so. It is not the coaches so the only explanation would be the players are not as good as years past. Next how is the schedule easier than last week. Yall played the last place team in the district and lost.

825649971[/snapback]

Babe Ruth and High School Baseball are two complete different levels of baseball. They are seeing better quality pitching day in and day out. And I don't think you are in the position to question Coach George's coaching ability. Like exfire said, has it occured to you the talent pool in Lewisburg is getting slimmer. Someone also said the schedule gets easier this week, well Giles Co. is a good team this year and Loretto is playing well. Then the end of the week you guys have Creekwood and Hunters Lane, two very great baseball programs. So things aren't looking bright in Lewisburg. Like I said on these boards before the Marshall Co. Tigers are not as talented as the teams of years past and the fans need to get use to it.

Well, Marshall has now lost 5 games in a row with their loss to Giles, 3-9. I guess Giles was hitting the ball well in Pulaski and Marshall wasn't. I hope this game makes "The Tennessean" as I would like to see the hit count, errors, and who pitched. Marshall travels to Loretto next so we'll have to see if they can break their losing streak.

Well, Marshall has now lost 5 games in a row with their loss to Giles, 3-9. I guess Giles was hitting the ball well in Pulaski and Marshall wasn't. I hope this game makes "The Tennessean" as I would like to see the hit count, errors, and who pitched. Marshall travels to Loretto next so we'll have to see if they can break their losing streak.

825650803[/snapback]

I don't have stats but was at the game and Giles did hit the ball good but Marshall Co. made a ot of errors also. Corey Pierce pitched for Giles and had relief help in the 7th from Daniel Haley. Game took a long time because Monk Reese kept arguing with the umpires every inning about something. Marshall Co. seems to make more errors this year than teams in the past . They used to not give you anything you had to earn it. If you are going to make errors you better hit to overcome them which Marshall is not doing right now.

Thanks, mreverything. I don't think this game made "The Tennessean" so it's good to know what happened.

It's funny you brought up Coach "Monk" in that he was real quiet in our game at Lewisburg the other day. In fact, I didn't even think he was there. I enjoy his ranting & raving at the umpires - it adds a little spice to the game and can sometimes fire his team up. It also gives the opposing fans someone to yell at.

In our game, Marshall had 3 throwing errors in the infield and 1 fielding error in the outfield which is not typical of their play in years past. You are right that if you make errors, you must overcome them with hits, and Marshall is still having trouble with that.

It will be interesting to see how they do in Loretto today. I think they may win, but if they don't, it will be another long ride back to Lewisburg, and I know I wouldn't want to be on that bus.

Is the Beast you are referring to from Loretto Mark Lamm? If so I also noticed the kid. Watched him pitch the other day and he was throwing mid eighties I'd say with a very nice duece peice. Is he only a junior? On a side note Loretto is finally starting to make there way toward where they need to be. Their hitting is coming along now if they would cut down on the errors. Either way this district title could go to any team this year.