D4AA

LCborn

Loudon travels to Lenoir City tomorrow night for a huge game in D4AA. Loudon is 4-1 in the district and LC is 4-0. And then, the rematch is at Loudon on Thursday.

Two years ago, Loudon swept the series but LC won the tournament, and last year, LC swept it but Loudon won the tournament.

If the posted schedules on knoxpreps.com are correct, LC (15-9) has played seven more games than Loudon (12-5) and as a result LC is dealing with some injuries--not to mention some fatigue.

Can LC do better than their normal 4th-place regular season finish, and avoid a play-in game? The games this week will go a long way towards determining that.

It looks like it may be Duncan vs. Everette (both hard-throwers) in game 1 and Thompson (last year's tournament MVP) vs. Campbell (3-1, 0.86 ERA) in game 2.

Comments, predictions?

With LC moving up to AAA next year, this intra-county rivalry may be seeing it's last games, which would be a shame.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loudon travels to Lenoir City tomorrow night for a huge game in D4AA. Loudon is 4-1 in the district and LC is 4-0. And then, the rematch is at Loudon on Thursday.

Two years ago, Loudon swept the series but LC won the tournament, and last year, LC swept it but Loudon won the tournament.

If the posted schedules on knoxpreps.com are correct, LC (15-9) has played seven more games than Loudon (12-5) and as a result LC is dealing with some injuries--not to mention some fatigue.

Can LC do better than their normal 4th-place regular season finish, and avoid a play-in game? The games this week will go a long way towards determining that.

It looks like it may be Duncan vs. Everette (both hard-throwers) in game 1 and Thompson (last year's tournament MVP) vs. Campbell (3-1, 0.86 ERA) in game 2.

Comments, predictions?

With LC moving up to AAA next year, this intra-county rivalry may be seeing it's last games, which would be a shame.

825650363[/snapback]

Loudon will blow them out of the water. Lenoir City can't touch Everett. I am a fan of neither team. I have seen them both and know that Loudon should whoop them.

Comments, predictions?

825650363[/snapback]

Wow! How about those Loudon fans tonight in the rematch, they had a Mr. Microphone or some such and they were really creative, referring to the LC pitcher as "Retard," "Homo," and "Gonorhea." That was between chants from the student section in the outfield of "you stink!" (BTW, that's not really what they said but the Coacht website won't let me post the actual chant--too vulgar, I guess--congratulations, Loudon fans, your chants are too nasty to be posted.)

This after the mother of one of their players told an LC student, "I'll meet you in the parking lot after the game" on Tuesday night. (She meant it: LC Principals and coaches had to intervene after the game--it's a shame, her kid is a pretty good ballplayer and must be embarrassed.) But really, can you blame her? She (50-something) thought the (underage) LC student had insulted her monkey. Really. Insulted her monkey. I kid you not.

Thanks, Coach Thompson, for running a class program in spite of the culture at your school. We'll miss playing you, next year. I know Loudon parents support your program, I've seen them watching games from outside the campus so that they don't have to pay an admission fee that goes towards paying the umps and providing for what you need for your players. Good luck with getting that fence up!

Sigh. Word is that LC won't be scheduling Loudon in basketball or baseball when they move up to AAA. Go figure.

Edited by LCborn

It's quite funny that Loudon fans are the ones who are receiving criticism for their actions. While at Lenoir City, the LC fans were screaming obscenities at the Loudon players. I know that this rivalry is very heated; however, I do not feel that blame should be placed on one side only.

First of all it was free admission because you all were not a game worth taking a gate for. It seems as though it is always the losing team crying bad sportsmanship. Coach Thompson can not control his fans, however if you want to call him unclassy for coaching his student athletes to a 13-3 victory over a cross town rival then the problem may be with you.

LCBORN I didn't see where you mentioned LC fans from Tuesdays game. How about the banana peels placed along the fence. The sign that mentioned Aaron giving UT a bad name. What about the sign that mentioned "No Escalade Parking Here" What about that the chant lets play football, lets play basketball. Loudon fans and players had enough class not to get on Coacht and say a word about the win on Tuesday night. If we are going to talk about fans and students....I heard a rumor that the student paper mentioned that Loudon County High School only had rednecks who married their sisters. Talk about tasteless.

Tuesday night the "mother" in question did not yell at a teenage over a monkey. You do not know the entire story. You obviously didn't see the teenage throw a table nor did you see him screaming in her face. She is a small petite woman. She was defending her son from somebody she has known for many many years. I also watched this lady speak to two LC students after the game on Thursday. She explained to them she did not want any hard feelings with them, that she had only wanted to speak to the one student in question. Those students were very polite and kind to her.

This is hilarious. To think someone would get so bent out of shape over a monkey. Perhaps it goes back to not being a good enough player to see playing time at LC as a freshman so attending Loudon instead where good favors equal good playing time. However, I must say the monkey's sibling who plays for Loudon has developed into a good H.S. ball player, it's sad so much drama has to surround him. I understand he was quite classy following the victory on Tuesday night. Thats how the rivalry should be, heated, but classy. As for the two schools no longer playing after this school year. It's simply a shame. Besides the fun of the games, what a profit loss!