Late Season Update

Redtwin

Here is an update on some TN alums near the end of the regular season:

Matt McIntosh - played in three games for the 4-7 Tar Heels. Have to win the ACC to advance to postseason.

Cyrus Adams - 27 goals and 3 assists in 9 games for the 7-2 16th ranked Diplomats. Beating Gettysburg will greatly improve chances of tournament play but should go regardless. Shooting 53% with 90% on goal.

Jimmy McMahon - 4 goals and 2 assists in 11 gamesfor 7-4 Greensboro. Also 14-33 on face offs

Clint Brakebill - Out for the season with an injury at Towson. Beating Hofstra and winning CAA tournament is probably the #14 Tigers only chance at the Tourney.

Chip Baucum - 17.91 GAA with 25 saves in 4 games for Pfieffer

Binz Hansen - 14 goals and 2 assists in 13 games while shooting 27% for Goucher

Eamon Thornton - 14 goals and 2 assists in while shooting 37% with 54% on cage in 10 games for the 7-4 HSC Tigers. Playoffs are probably out of the picture unless they win ODAC Tourney.

Dalton Grein - 1 goal and 2 assists in 8 games for #15 HSC

Thomas Jennings - 23 goals and 5 assists while shooting 46% with 69% on cage for HSC

Murray Webb - Player in 2 games for the 7-4 #15 HSC Tigers

Carter Powers - 12 goals and 1 assist while shooting 50% with 83% on goal for 3-4 MIT.

Jason Rudolph - 1 goal and 4 assists in 9 games for 10-0 #2 Limestone

Matt Hill - no points while playing in 9 games for 5-5 VMI

Matt Turner - Yet to appear for 5-5 VMI

Here is an update on some TN alums near the end of the regular season:

Matt McIntosh - played in three games for the 4-7 Tar Heels. Have to win the ACC to advance to postseason.

Cyrus Adams - 27 goals and 3 assists  in 9 games for the 7-2 16th ranked Diplomats. Beating Gettysburg  will greatly improve chances of tournament play but should go regardless. Shooting 53% with 90% on goal.

Jimmy McMahon - 4 goals and 2 assists  in 11 gamesfor 7-4 Greensboro. Also 14-33 on face offs

Clint Brakebill - Out for the season with an injury at Towson. Beating Hofstra and winning CAA tournament is probably the #14 Tigers only chance at the Tourney.

Chip Baucum - 17.91 GAA with 25 saves in 4 games for Pfieffer

Binz Hansen - 14 goals and 2 assists in 13 games while shooting 27% for Goucher

Eamon Thornton - 14 goals and 2 assists in while shooting 37% with 54% on cage in 10 games for the 7-4 HSC Tigers. Playoffs are probably out of the picture unless they win ODAC Tourney.

Dalton Grein - 1 goal and 2 assists in 8 games for #15 HSC

Thomas Jennings - 23 goals and 5 assists while shooting 46% with 69% on cage for HSC

Murray Webb - Player in 2 games for the 7-4 #15 HSC Tigers

Carter Powers - 12 goals and 1 assist while shooting 50% with 83% on goal for 3-4 MIT.

Jason Rudolph - 1 goal and 4 assists in 9 games for 10-0 #2 Limestone

Matt Hill - no points while playing in 9 games for 5-5 VMI

Matt Turner - Yet to appear for 5-5 VMI

825650399[/snapback]

Redtwin, This is very cool of you to post this info. Keep up the good work.

Jennings and Adams are having amzing seasons. Tennessee players can play lax.

Random bit of information. My cousin is Carter Powers when he was a freshman at MIT he was rookie of the year and now is still one of their top players. Carter is an amazing player, I have seen him play and have played with him. He will be graduating this year and will be working up in Boston. He is just an all around great guy.

Random bit of information. My cousin is Carter Powers when he was a freshman at MIT he was rookie of the year and now is still one of their top players. Carter is an amazing player, I have seen him play and have played with him. He will be graduating this year and will be working up in Boston. He is just an all around great guy.

825651560[/snapback]

MIT plays club teams, right? Just wondering, cause I play JV for another Cambridge institution (I'm the starting goalie, but we're 0-2, trying to improve). I was wondering if some of the teams they played were also JV teams in the area, or not.

MIT plays club teams, right?  Just wondering, cause I play JV for another Cambridge institution (I'm the starting goalie, but we're 0-2, trying to improve).  I was wondering if some of the teams they played were also JV teams in the area, or not.

825651640[/snapback]

MIT plays a full division III schedule. They might schedule some PG teams or Ivy JV teams.

Ya thats my brother.

MIT plays mostly small schools in the New England Area, but is a DIII school. They are in the Pilgrim League. The only club teams they play are on their trip to california. The Northeast really has an abundance of small colleges with DIII programs. Its difficult for other areas of the country to start varsity programs even if their is enough genuine interest, coaches, and resources to spare because there are no DIII teams to play that are close by.

• 4 weeks later...

Thomas Jennings was selected to the Honorable Mention All ODAC team. Cyrus Adams, the Centennial Conference's leading goal scorer, was somehow snubbed from the All Centennial team. I would have pegged him for a second team attack as a shoe-in. He was his team's second leading scorer with 46 points, averaged over 3 pts a game, and started every game for a Dips team that was very good. Oh well, great season none the less.