Picking-Up Players

Fullcourtpress,

There are teams that have picked up players before going to nationals, but never before going to state, becuase it is against the rules. A team that qualifies for state must play with the same players that they had in sub-state. Once they qualify for nationals, then they may pick up players from within their own association (I think). Many TN teams have picked up players in the past, but as for a specific number of how many actually do, I don't know. I'm not even sure who would be looking to pick up some. You probably won't be hearing of anyone picking anyone up until after the State Tournament is finished. Where are these players from or who do they play for? If they are from the North, which is where alot of your posts are centered, I would say that BBFan134 would know more about what teams would pick up players from up there as he or she seems to be up-to-date on what's going on in the North Middle. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

bbfan134....ptguard12...

do teams pick up/add players for state

or nationals from teams that don't qualify

for them or do most go with what got them

there?  i may know of a couple of girls, maybe

three that could help a team... they've been

mentioned in other threads with their teams....

thanks,

fullcourtpress22

:(

825650511[/snapback]

Well there aren't any teams looking to pick up players yet that I know of around here. However, like ptguard said, no one will be looking to pick up anyone until after State probably. Are the 3 players that you are refering to off of the Sparks or Belles because alot of your posts are about those two teams? Anyways, if I hear anything about anyone wanting to pick some players up, I'll let you know.

pt guard 12 or bballfan134,

Can they only be picked up from the association that they belong to? 

Thanks!

825651177[/snapback]

Here is the rule from the AAU Handbook:

Roster Additions

A team shall be allowed to add a maximum of 3 players to their official roster for the Nationals, making a maximum of 15 players. However, those “pick-up” players must have been present at the same DQT as the team that wishes to add them or from other non-qualifying members within the same club. No player may be dropped from the roster to add another.

Well there aren't any teams looking to pick up players yet that I know of around here.  However, like ptguard said, no one will be looking to pick up anyone until after State probably.  Are the 3 players that you are refering to off of the Sparks or Belles because alot of your posts are about those two teams?  Anyways, if I hear anything about anyone wanting to pick some players up, I'll let you know.

825651142[/snapback]

==========================================

bbfan, I'm not from Murfreesboro.... if you hear anything or anyone needing help let me know...

Rob, 12U, unfortunately we've never been blessed with a "big post" player, but we do have some players that could help other teams if they need the help.....

ptguard, thanks.

thanks for the help everyone ....

<_<

Here is the rule from the AAU Handbook:

Roster Additions

A team shall be allowed to add a maximum of 3 players to their official roster for the Nationals, making a maximum of 15 players. However, those “pick-up” players must have been present at the same DQT as the team that wishes to add them or from other non-qualifying members within the same club. No player may be dropped from the roster to add another.

825651312[/snapback]

I think there may be a provision for a bordering association, such as Kentucky, GA, etc. If that doesn't apply to pickups then it must be eligibility to play on a team at the start of the year. Probably best to e-mail Peanut to be sure

bbfan134....ptguard12...

do teams pick up/add players for state

or nationals from teams that don't qualify

for them or do most go with what got them

there?  i may know of a couple of girls, maybe

three that could help a team... they've been

mentioned in other threads with their teams....

thanks,

fullcourtpress22

:rolleyes:

825650511[/snapback]

What age group?

==========================================

bbfan, I'm not from Murfreesboro.... if you hear anything or anyone needing help let me know...

Rob, 12U,  unfortunately we've never been blessed with a "big post" player, but we do have some players that could help other teams if they need the help.....

ptguard, thanks.

thanks for the help everyone ....

:rolleyes:

825651442[/snapback]

fullcourtpress22,

I am just curious if I am familiar with your organization. May I ask who you are with? I was just trying to figure out if we have seen any of your players...this is purely curiousity.

If you aren't comfortable letting me know, I understand.

Based upon the post in reference to the Sparks and Belles having players to assist at Nationals, that would be a wise idea, if anyone is looking to add any additional players.

I know last year that after the State, the Top Guns added a girl from TN Lady Tigers. (I believe that was the team she was from.) Smart move on their part, because she was a good addition and if we would have thought to add anyone, she would have been a good guard candidate.

In my opinion, you can never be too deep so I think it is wise if teams have space to add some more quality players to represent TN strongly at the Nationals.

fullcourtpress22,

I am just curious if I am familiar with your organization.  May I ask who you are with?  I was just trying to figure out if we have seen any of your players...this is purely curiousity. 

If you aren't comfortable letting me know, I understand. 

Based upon the post in reference to the Sparks and Belles having players to assist at Nationals, that would be a wise idea, if anyone is looking to add any additional players. 

I know last year that after the State, the Top Guns added a girl from TN Lady Tigers.  (I believe that was the team she was from.)  Smart move on their part, because she was a good addition and if we would have thought to add anyone, she would have been a good guard candidate.

In my opinion, you can never be too deep so I think it is wise if teams have space to add some more quality players to represent TN strongly at the Nationals.

825651557[/snapback]

=================================================

sassy, i'm "pretty familiar" :o with the sparks. always enjoyed the games against you guys. i agree about adding depth to make a run at nationals.... thanks.

:o