10U State Tournament

Have they already played the state tournament? Does the (#) indicate the order of finish? I thought it was not being played until 4/29/05 or did I miss something?

10U State Tournament

Pool A

Tennessee Express (#1)

Tennessee Team Pride

West Tennessee Lady Tigers

Tennessee Xtreme (#4)

Pool B

Cookeville Ladies (#2)

Tennessee Top Guns

Tennessee Raiders

FCA Lady Eagles (#3)

4 Teams Advance To Nationals

825650876[/snapback]

Edited by tgbball

Have they already played the state tournament? Does the (#) indicate the order of finish? I thought it was not being played until 4/29/05 or did I miss something?

825651928[/snapback]

No, they have not played yet. The numbers in paranthesis are the overall rankings given to the #1 teams from each sub-state. If you take a look at the bracket on the Tennessee AAU Girls Basketball Website, you will see what I am talking about. The Express were given the overall #1 seed in the tournament, followed by the Cookeville Ladies at #2, FCA Lady Eagles at #3, and the Tennessee Xtreme at #4.

No, they have not played yet.  The numbers in paranthesis are the overall rankings given to the #1 teams from each sub-state.  If you take a look at the bracket on the Tennessee AAU Girls Basketball Website, you will see what I am talking about.  The Express were given the overall #1 seed in the tournament, followed by the Cookeville Ladies at #2, FCA Lady Eagles at #3, and the Tennessee Xtreme at #4.

825652052[/snapback]

ptguard12, what determines the seeds? Who determines the seeds? Thanks!

ptguard12, what determines the seeds?  Who determines the seeds?  Thanks!

825652152[/snapback]

I really don't know. I think they are drawn at random, but the #1s from each Sub-State are given an overall seeding for the tournament. If you look at the bracket, you'll see what I mean. I thought they were based on which Sub-State did the best (if a team from the West won in 11U, then the #1 team from that Sub-State would be given the #1 spot at State the next year in 12U). However, some of the drawing don't really add up that way and I don't know how you would do that for the 10U, so I'm not really sure. It doesn't really matter, all teams that make it to state are pretty tough, so seeding can be somewhat irrelevant. I'm pretty sure Peanut is the one who draws the seeds.