Underrated pitchers in Middle Tennessee

whassa_matta_witchu

****Remember the title of this thread and keep it focused on just that****

Well I seen a thread titled "Underrated pitchers in east tenn" so I thought one should be started for those pitchers that are underrated in middle tennessee. Of course we always hear of the ones from Soddy, Goodpasture, Riverdale, etc. but what about those that don't get the recognition that they deserve whether it be here on Coach T or in general!

Anyone care to start?

Edited by whassa_matta_witchu

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea Owens has been underrated significantly. The past two to three weeks is hopefully turning that around.

Christine Davis from Lipscomb is the most underrated of all. She has been behind the states top pitcher for three years Meghan Rhoades. Now she has had a nagging injury that has kept her off the mound. If and when she comes back, this kid has a lot of stuff that nobody would ever expect.

Chelsea Owens has been underrated significantly. The past two to three weeks is hopefully turning that around.

Christine Davis from Lipscomb is the most underrated of all. She has been behind the states top pitcher for three years Meghan Rhoades. Now she has had a nagging injury that has kept her off the mound. If and when she comes back, this kid has a lot of stuff that nobody would ever expect.

825651611[/snapback]

I agree, Chelsea Owens is doing things this year that no one ever thought was possible, also,

Thomas from Centennial is underated. She is probably the 4th best pitcher in her district....unfortunately for her the top 3 all belong to Brentwood. Ashley Myatt of Dickson has always been overlooked by those in love with the nashville area pitchers.

I hope Christine Davis can recover soon. This nagging problem has certainly been frustrating for her. She looked great working out during the Christmas holidays before the pain returned. She has a lot of promise, and her talent has not gone unnoticed by some college coaches.

I agree, Chelsea Owens is doing things this year that no one ever thought was possible, also,

Thomas from Centennial is underated. She is probably the 4th best pitcher in her district....unfortunately for her the top 3 all belong to Brentwood. Ashley Myatt of Dickson has always been overlooked by those in love with the nashville area pitchers.

825651834[/snapback]

When you consider Brentwoods overall superior talent how can rate Brentwoods pitchers over Centennials Thomas when you consider the number of times Centennial has beaten Brentwood over the past 2.5 seasons?( 4 or 5 times I believe). I'm not sure any of the Brentwood pitchers are better much less all of them.

Although she doesn't go completely unnoticed in the Nashville area, Cunningham at Davidson Academy may be the best pitcher in the area. Just ask the Beech players!

When you consider Brentwoods overall superior talent how can rate Brentwoods pitchers over Centennials Thomas when you consider the number of times Centennial has beaten Brentwood over the past 2.5 seasons?( 4 or 5 times I believe).  I'm not sure any of the Brentwood pitchers are better much less all of them. 

Although she doesn't go completely unnoticed in the Nashville area, Cunningham at Davidson Academy may be the best pitcher in the area.  Just ask the Beech players!

825653802[/snapback]

You are underestimating Centennial's talent level. They have a very good class of juniors on this year's team. And you better go back and count, since Centennial hasnt beaten Brentwood this year, that means they have beaten them 4 or 5 times in the previous 1.5 seasons? I dont think so!

Centennial has never beaten the current Brentwood pitching staff, since they all are sophomores or freshmen.

Cunningham is a very good pitcher, but she isnt the best in the area. Beech lost alot of their hitting attack with graduation, so they are having a hard time scoring on anyone.

You are underestimating Centennial's talent level. They have a very good class of juniors on this year's team. And you better go back and count, since Centennial hasnt beaten Brentwood this year, that means they have beaten them 4 or 5 times in the previous 1.5 seasons? I dont think so!

Centennial has never beaten the current Brentwood pitching staff, since they all are sophomores or freshmen.

Cunningham is a very good pitcher, but she isnt the best in the area. Beech lost alot of their hitting attack with graduation, so they are having a hard time scoring on anyone.

825653817[/snapback]

Cunningham is awesome. I've seen her shut down team after team. You just can't do it all by yourself. The team has to hit. She plays summer ball with my daughter. We have utmost respect for her abilities and her passion for the game. A consumate team player. She is in the elite. :(

825653817[/snapback]

WOW! Relax BBUM, the Brentwood pitchers are terrific. I'm sure everyone, including me, puts them on the list of top pitchers in the state. My point was that Brentwood is loaded with 10 or more kids who play big time travel ball(ie ASA,NSA). Most everyone else has a mixture of travel ball and rec ball girls in their starting lineup, including Centennial, Franklin, etc. It's the Brentwood defense and hitting that sets them apart from most schools. There are a lot of very good pitchers in the state who could help the Bruins get to the state tournament with that lineup. Brentwood is more talented than everyone else in their district but as I stated originally, in the past 2.5 years Centennial has been fortunate enough to beat Brentwood 4 times(See below). Can't we just have a friendly conversation about Middle TN softball without the animosity?

March '03 Centennial 6 Brentwood 0

April '03 Centennial 3 Brentwood 1 (Distrtict Semi's)

March '04 Centennial 1 Brentwood 0

May '04 Centennial 7 Brentwood 2(Regional Finals)

WOW!  Relax BBUM, the Brentwood pitchers are terrific.  I'm sure everyone, including me, puts them on the list of top pitchers in the state.  My point was that Brentwood is loaded with 10 or more kids who play big time travel ball(ie ASA,NSA).  Most everyone else has a mixture of travel ball and rec ball girls in their starting lineup, including Centennial, Franklin, etc.  It's the Brentwood defense and hitting that sets them apart from most schools.  There are a lot of very good pitchers in the state who could help the Bruins get to the state tournament with that lineup.  Brentwood is more talented than everyone else in their district but as I stated originally, in the past 2.5 years Centennial has been fortunate enough to beat Brentwood 4 times(See below).  Can't we just have a friendly conversation about Middle TN softball without the animosity?

March '03  Centennial 6    Brentwood 0

April '03    Centennial 3    Brentwood 1 (Distrtict Semi's)

March '04  Centennial 1    Brentwood 0

May '04      Centennial 7    Brentwood 2(Regional Finals)

825654774[/snapback]

Sorry, I wasnt trying to invoke any animosity toward you. You are correct, that this year's Brentwood team has most of its players as experienced travel squad players, although, if I'm correct, this years team actually has 3 starters that dont play travel ball... the previous 2 teams had several players that only played rec ball or they were freshmen who had potential, but were not ready for high school ball yet, and their offense showed it because they werent very good hitters. This year's team is a much better hitting team as others in the past few years, but they are still young. Only one player of their senior class is going to play in college.

Edited by Bleacherbum

****Remember the title of this thread and keep it focused on just that****

Well I seen a thread titled "Underrated pitchers in east tenn" so I thought one should be started for those pitchers that are underrated in middle tennessee.  Of course we always hear of the ones from Soddy, Goodpasture, Riverdale, etc. but what about those that don't get the recognition that they deserve whether it be here on Coach T or in general!

Anyone care to start?

825651558[/snapback]

Mallory Scott from Summertown get no recognition at all . Since Summertown is in Lawrence County and borders Maury, it is treated as a stepchild of both. Scott has beaten such schools as Lawrenceburg, Lorreto, CA twice, Boyd Buchanan, Page, Columbia Central and other good schools. I am sure she carries the best ERA in District 12A, besides being the best short stop in the District. Plus this, she also swings a pretty good stick.