5-A Game of the Year?

OwlPride

While not involving two 5A teams from Tennessee, I'm looking forward to 5A Germantown playing South Panola (MS).  The Mississippians don't give Germantown much of a chance (why the disrespect for one of Tennessee's strongest 5A programs, who knows), but I think Germantown will represent Tennessee very well in this game.

825653055[/snapback]

I cant wait for week 3..Its gonna be huge. SP over the last decade has turned itself into one of the best programs in the south(back to back state championships,30+ game winning streak and national rankings) ...regardless of the outcome coach Whites open door policy to playing the toughest teams in the region is gonna pay huge dividends come playoff time.

GO DEVILS beat the Tigers and make Tennessee proud.

Edited by BigSneaky

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rising from the ashes...again? I've yet to see any rising from any ashes. I'm sure the Oakland fans have been saying they'll dominate since 91 or as far back as 74. Still no sign of it. Havn't I seen shirts that have said Riverdale OWNS Oakland? Because if I havnt...it would be a pretty clever idea! :o

825653088[/snapback]

So exactly HOW did we win the state in 98 then? And reach the semi's 99?? Maybe you better check your facts a little better and tell me EXACTLY when have you done the same? We always hear about you running your mouth with nothing to back it up. You love riverdale so much, why don't you move to the Boro> B/c when we dominate the next yrs...RHS will be needing plenty of fans and you would fit in just fine. The funny thing is that they have won a lot but their fan support is NOT what you would think it should be.........fans in the stands......but not vocal anywhere but a few on the board here and the BANDWAGON ones like you. In fact to just have to travel a mile or so to MTSU....RHS had a pitiful crowd. I think a lot of the area are just downright bored with Riverdale.

Edited by 2priceless

I am not worried, Graham Clark always thinks of something and there are always new playmakers.

825652866[/snapback]

Good points Bud. D-B may surprise some folks. I would add that this group of players have a very strong team spirit and respect one another and enjoy the heck out of playing together.

So exactly HOW did we win the state in 98 then? And reach the semi's 99?? Maybe you better check your facts a little better and tell me EXACTLY when have you done the same? We always hear about you running your mouth with nothing to back it up. You love riverdale so much, why don't you move to the Boro> B/c when we dominate the next yrs...RHS will be needing plenty of fans and you would fit in just fine. The funny thing is that they have won a lot but their fan support is NOT what you would think it should be.........fans in the stands......but not vocal anywhere but a few on the board here and the BANDWAGON ones like you. In fact to just have to travel a mile or so to MTSU....RHS had a pitiful crowd. I think a lot of the area are just downright bored with Riverdale.

825653280[/snapback]

Well for your information I lived in the Boro from 97-00. Real close to Oakland High School. I knew who owned who's @$%. In fact, I went to two Boro Battles, one in 98 and again in 99. I give you credit for your state title in '98 and semi in '99 but yall lost to Riverdale 28-15. So no I'm not on some BANDWAGON. I've seen the two play. with the exception of '98, Riverdale has always been too much for the Pats. '05 will be no different.

I cant wait for week 3..Its gonna be huge.  SP over the last decade has turned itself into one of the best programs in the south(back to back state championships,30+ game winning streak and national rankings) ...regardless of the outcome coach Whites open door policy to playing the toughest teams in the region is gonna pay huge dividends come playoff time.

GO DEVILS beat the Tigers and make Tennessee proud.

825653258[/snapback]

SP can be had. They lose some decent talent from last year, mainly QB Derek Pegues. FWIW, the last series they had with a Tennessee team, they split with Christian Brothers back in 1994 and 1995. They may have played another Tennessee team since then, but I don't think so (if so, no one on the level of Germantown).

I'm also looking forward to Riverdale and Worthington Kilbourne out of Ohio. While Kilbourne is not an elite Ohio team, they are a DI team (Ohio's highest class), so I would like to see Riverdale not only beat them but also spank them and bring a little recognition to Tennessee football. Maybe Gaston Miller can put a buck-eighty and a few scores on them.

So if you LIVED in the Boro in 2000, BIG BOY...you know that the PATS won that yr over RHS. Hahahahaha..........and who do you think we put out of the playoffs in 98???

825653888[/snapback]

I moved in the winter of 2000. I didnt witness that game for myself.

Why refer to '98? Is that because thats the only year where you actually could win?Whoopdie friggin do! 2 State titles compared to 4 with Riverdale.If you dont remeber, Riverdale beat Oakland in the '98 season game, 31-28 and again in the '99 season game,28-15. But shall we look back at some of the previous battle of the boro scores?

2001- Riverdale 43 Oakland 6...ouch

2001- Riverdale 38 Oakland 20

2002- Riverdale 17 Oakland 7

2002 Riverdale 20 Oakland 0..shutout

2003 Riverdale 21 Oakland 7

2004 Riverdale 48 Oakland 0...shutout, Haha good way for Ferguson to start out against Rankin.

*I bet thoughs Seniors have that 14 pts scored on Riverdale in the past 3 years on their mind!

*You ask why Riverdale doesnt have alot of fans at the Oakland games... wheres the competiton at?

Edited by OwlPride

I moved in the winter of 2000. I didnt witness that game for myself.

Why refer to '98? Is that because thats the only year where you actually could win?Whoopdie friggin do! 2 State titles compared to 4 with Riverdale.If you dont remeber, Riverdale beat Oakland in the '98 season game, 31-28 and again in the '99 season game,28-15. But shall we look back at some of the previous battle of the boro scores?

2001- Riverdale 43 Oakland 6...ouch

2001- Riverdale 38 Oakland 20

2002- Riverdale 17 Oakland 7

2002 Riverdale  20 Oakland 0..shutout

2003 Riverdale 21 Oakland 7

2004 Riverdale 48 Oakland 0...shutout, Haha good way for Ferguson to start out against Rankin.

*I bet thoughs Seniors have that 14 pts scored on Riverdale in the past 3 years on their mind!

*You ask why Riverdale doesnt have alot of fans at the Oakland games... wheres the competiton at?

825653956[/snapback]

I never claimed that Oakland would beat Riverdale this season, but merely make the game as competitive as it used to be. Greatness runs in cycles, there will be a day when Riverdale is no longer the top dog in the boro, whether you seem to think so or not. Over the next 2 seasons, you will see Oakland close the gap on Riverdale dramtically

Well take a look back at the threads thruout the season and you will see where RHS fans have complained of LACK of fans at games and LACK of support from the students. And don't forget we beat RHS in 98 in the playoffs when it really counted........

Also look at past threads whre the RHS fans WHINED and begged for our support from the region on the T and at the games.........take a look at the Blue Cross Bowl tape and you will see a POOORRRR showing of fans for RHS comapred to the Franklin ones.

825653961[/snapback]

Haha if Oakland fans have so much support for their team and think they are so much better than Riverdale, why dont the fans play a game agaisnt Riverdale!

Who cares if Riverdale has support or not as long as they're winning State Championships. And as for the tape, the only thing that matters is the score on the scoreboard! :huh:

http://www.rhs.rcs.k12.tn.us/sports/footba...e_'boro.htm

Click on the highlight reel and see Shaun Willis run rite past Oakland's secondary! Now thats funny! :D thumb

Haha if Oakland fans have so much support for their team and think they are so much better than Riverdale, why dont the fans play a game agaisnt Riverdale!

Who cares if Riverdale has support or not as long as they're winning State Championships. And as for the tape, the only thing that matters is the score on the scoreboard! :huh:

http://www.rhs.rcs.k12.tn.us/sports/footba...e_'boro.htm

Click on the highlight reel and see Shaun Willis run rite past Oakland's secondary! Now thats funny! :D  thumb

825653966[/snapback]

moving forward now. I think a sleeper for 5a game of the year could be Cookeville-Lincoln Co. Lincoln Co will be improved from last season and CHS should stay at about the same level they were last season, should make for a great game

Well for your information I lived in the Boro from 97-00. Real close to Oakland High School. I knew who owned who's @$%. In fact, I went to two Boro Battles, one in 98 and again in 99. I give you credit for your state title in '98 and semi in '99 but yall lost to Riverdale 28-15. So no I'm not on some BANDWAGON. I've seen the two play.  with the exception of '98, Riverdale has always been too much for the Pats. '05 will be no different.

825653745[/snapback]

hey dude we are sure happy u moved then. do u have to always use cuss words? there are some minors around. :huh: