How will Markei and Westview do this year?

Region 7-2a Fan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Westview did fine last year. They won the region championship and had a chance to host throughout the first three rounds of the playoffs. It was all for not however because in the second round of the playoffs Milan came calling and that was pretty much all she wrote for Coady's Chargers.

Region 7-2A is LOADED for the upcoming season. Westview might be the preseason favorite to win the region title and host throughout the playoffs. It will not be an easy road however with the likes of Milan, Huntingdon, and USJ in the same region. That does not even mention the fact that the season begins with a matchup against Camden (who will win region 6-2A and challenge any one of the three powerhouses in 7-2A come November).

Best of luck to the Chargers and everyone else from region 7-2A this upcoming season because I just can't wait for someone to shut up those Alcoa fans who won't stop posting about last year's state championship.

Westview did fine last year.  They won the region championship and had a chance to host throughout the first three rounds of the playoffs.  It was all for not however because in the second round of the playoffs Milan came calling and that was pretty much all she wrote for Coady's Chargers. 

Region 7-2A is LOADED for the upcoming season.  Westview might be the preseason favorite to win the region title and host throughout the playoffs.  It will not be an easy road however with the likes of Milan, Huntingdon, and USJ in the same region.  That does not even mention the fact that the season begins with a matchup against Camden (who will win region 6-2A and challenge any one of the three powerhouses in 7-2A come November). 

Best of luck to the Chargers and everyone else from region 7-2A this upcoming season because I just can't wait for someone to shut up those Alcoa fans who won't stop posting about last year's state championship.

825653022[/snapback]

boy me too thats all u hear is how they ran over huntingdon when really they didnt runing over is what libscomb got the year before what was it 48 to 10

I remember last year i watched Guy against Huntigdon and he took plenty of shots from a worthy opponent and kept getting up. He is more durable than any little guy i have ever saw with the exception of Boo Whethers. I just want to see if Gibson County will be able to slow him down since it only takes one shot. We'll see if he lays down or not, if they even hit him.

I remember last year i watched Guy against Huntigdon and he took plenty of shots from a worthy opponent and kept getting up. He is more durable than any little guy i have ever saw with the exception of Boo Whethers. I just want to see if Gibson County will be able to slow him down since it only takes one shot. We'll see if he lays down or not, if they even hit him.

825655455[/snapback]

:D

If I'm not mistaken Guy's sophmore year injury came from him runnning so fast he pulled his hip muscle away from the bone. That's the only time i saw him slow down while holding a football. He fell in the endzone after he scored too.

825655505[/snapback]

yes this is tru... i remember blocking and then seeing him on the 5 yrd line grab his hip and falling to the ground... and the closet defender was like 15 yrds behind him... it was just a freak injury that i hope never happens again... but this yr markei wont be in spring practice b/c of baseball and neither will several others b/c of spring sports thumb

I think that westview will have another good season but will again fall short, one GUY!!! cannot carry the whole team on his shoulders.

825654812[/snapback]

Westview is not a 1 man team trust me! Markie has a good team around him. You can ask him and he will tell you that he doesn't do it all by himself! Yea, he does get the bulk of the carries, but you have great lineman that open holes and a great defense that keeps teams from putting point s on the board. It is really not fair to the rest of us when you say we are a one man team. We all work hard and put in the work to make this Westview program what it is. If you don't believe it then you should see us in the weight room, the practice field, and underneath those Friday Night Lights! We are a TEAM! That 's why we made the run we did last year, so get your facts straight about our TEAM! He doesn't carry the team all by himself!

Edited by Punisher-whs pride