Knox Halls vs. Ooltewah

ImaOWL

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up bandwagon this is chief and I just wanted to tell everyone from both sides it was a great game and I really enjoy playing in this game. It was the best game of the season so far and definitly could be a re-match in Memphis! Ooltewah has a fine baseball team. I seen this game from the mound and the dugout and I dont care what anyone says, there was a stiff wind coming towards first base from left field! It was windy all weekend. We would of had atleast 2, Portwood, Larsen, and blacks balls would have been out at Ooltawah> We played coffee county at Your all's field and it is not big, and the person that said it 380 to center is crazy, I played center and it is not deeper than our field and ours is 370. Ooltewah has a great team but I give the edge to halls and this is not a bias statement, even though I play for Halls. And all the people that were saying that Ooltawah didnt throw there best pitching need to realize something. You all only scored 1 run on a throwing error! Halls is goona score runs on anybody in the state. I have played on some special teams, and this is probally the pinnacle of them all. Good game to all the owls and good luck for the rest of the season and hope to see ya in memphis!

Whats up bandwagon this is chief and I just wanted to tell everyone from both sides it was a great game and I really enjoy playing in this game.  It was the best game of the season so far and definitly could be a re-match in Memphis! Ooltewah has a fine baseball team.  I seen this game from the mound and the dugout and I dont care what anyone says, there was a stiff wind coming towards first base from left field!  It was windy all weekend.  We would of had atleast 2, Portwood, Larsen, and blacks balls would have been out at Ooltawah> We played coffee county at Your all's field and it is not big, and the person that said it 380 to center is crazy, I played center and it is not deeper than our field and ours is 370.  Ooltewah has a great team but I give the edge to halls and this is not a bias statement, even though I play for Halls.  And all the people that were saying that Ooltawah didnt throw there best pitching need to realize something.  You all only scored 1 run on a throwing error! Halls is goona score runs on anybody in the state.  I have played on some special teams, and this is probally the pinnacle of them all. Good game to all the owls and good luck for the rest of the season and hope to see ya in memphis!

825657165[/snapback]

Ok you just said Ooltewah scored on an error....Halls first run came off an error and the next off a wild pitch. I scored the game myself.....Ooltewah has 4 hits, Halls had 3....Please don't tell me you're Lockwood since you just posted on CoachT....oh no! Ooltewah was 390 dead center until 2 years ago...they moved the fence in 10 to 20 feet because of errosion on the other side. Anyways, nobody was arguing against Halls...just telling you that you faced the number 3 or 4...Ooltewah has 3 guys that pitch consistently between 85-88 hitting 89 and 90. I've seen the gun (from different coaches) all year. Bottom line, you have a very good team and I hope the Owls see you again!

Yes, Farragut beat the Owls by a run or two in week 1 of scrimmages in February.

Ok you just said Ooltewah scored on an error....Halls first run came off an error and the next off a wild pitch.  I scored the game myself.....Ooltewah has 4 hits, Halls had 3....Please don't tell me you're Lockwood since you just posted on CoachT....oh no!  Ooltewah was 390 dead center until 2 years ago...they moved the fence in 10 to 20 feet because of errosion on the other side.  Anyways, nobody was arguing against Halls...just telling you that you faced the number 3 or 4...Ooltewah has 3 guys that pitch consistently between 85-88 hitting 89 and 90.  I've seen the gun (from different coaches) all year.  Bottom line, you have a very good team and I hope the Owls see you again!

Yes, Farragut beat the Owls by a run or two in week 1 of scrimmages in February.

825657324[/snapback]

ok now lets play nice on here . lol og loc whats up i do think those bombs that was hit by larson and portwood would have been diffently homeruns at owls field. it was a very good game and both teams are very well equally matched but as a player my self for halls i saw good disiplane at the plate and well defensive plays.THE owls center fielder was a very good play er and enjoyed watchin him play and have a cousin of mine that playes with him in summer league. H e told me that he is very well dislplane classy guy that does whatever it takes to make his team better. Nice hearing from u dinner piggie and i hope the owls and halls will have a rematch at memphis.

Who cares if the balls would have been out at the owls field... Point is, you were'nt playing at the owls field were you. The fact that the owls only scored because of a throwing error, excuse me, how did Halls scored? On two mistakes by the owls. Point is, no errors, it's a 0-0 tie at the end of 7 innings. Both teams played well enough to win, unfortunatley only one team can. :(

I would also say that the Owls were probably feeling a little fatigued from all the games thay had played that week. How many did they end up playing that week?

825657589[/snapback]

Well that's not a valid excuse, but they played

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 2 on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Today...

Halls hal played Wed,Fri,2Sat,2Sun,Mon,with one today and tommorrow.The Halls team went to play Ooltewah at 5PM on Saturday, just like it was scheduled but seems like the home team was not comfortable with the possibility of playing Halls a second game the next day.Whatever the reason the tournament schedule had us playing the Owls but instead we waited over an hour past start time to wait for another team even though the Owls (or at least 15 of them) sat behind the backstop to watch the whole game. Well that stategy didnt work and we still won on Sunday. Then a JR and Fr pitched against Soddy Daisy to finish it up. You either play to win when scheduled then win or lose you stink it up till next time.But I guess manipulating the schedule for whatever reasons did not achieve the desired results but your still whining.Give it a rest.You lost a close game at the field you preferred to play on and the day you wanted it on.If we see you in Memphis I am sure the people running that tournament wont change the schedule because of your "hardships"

Obviously you are stupid. You have no idea what you are talking about. I guess the owls rescheduled the tournament because they were scared of halls. Yea Right! You might wanna call Soddy's coach and argue that with him. You just need to get your head out of you butt and move on because you are stirring things up that doesn't need to be stirred. Don't post something if you have no idea what you are talking about, it just makes you look like an idiot!

Halls hal played Wed,Fri,2Sat,2Sun,Mon,with one today and tommorrow.The Halls team went to play Ooltewah at 5PM on Saturday, just like it was scheduled but seems like the home team was not comfortable with the possibility of playing Halls a second game the next day.Whatever the reason the tournament schedule had us playing the Owls but instead we waited over an hour past start time to wait for another team even though the Owls (or at least 15 of them) sat behind the backstop to watch the whole game. Well that stategy didnt work and we still won on Sunday. Then a JR and  Fr pitched against Soddy Daisy to finish it up. You either play to win when scheduled then win or lose you stink it up till next time.But I guess manipulating the schedule for whatever reasons did not achieve the desired results but your still whining.Give it a rest.You lost a close game at the field you preferred to play on and the day you wanted it on.If we see you in Memphis I am sure the people running that tournament wont change the schedule because of your "hardships"

825657681[/snapback]

Haha, that's funny right there...they sat behind the backstop the whole game because they played after you....what an idiot...I thought Ooltewah was a bunch of rednecks till I saw you guys...you even look goofy. :( Sorry to the rest of you that have to listen to all this because of one guy. And if you read my post, I said playing all those days was not a valid excuse...I was simply answering the question.