Knox Halls vs. Ooltewah

ImaOWL

Grad, I was told by one of their parents that they did play Farragut and was getting beat 6-3 when it was ended by rain before becoming an oficial game.

825656496[/snapback]

Just to clarify- It was Thursday night of the Sports Belle Tournament. The two teams weren't scheduled to play each other in the tournament. The rain caused us to adjust the schedule and have Halls play Farragut. It was actually 8-3 Farragut in the top of the 4th with 2 men on and only one out!

Farragut and Halls were scheduled to play earlier this season, but early-season rain-outs caused it to be cancelled. (I believe Halls needed to use the date to make up a district game!)

Farragut and Halls is always a good game and we try to schedule each other at least once per year, not counting tournaments!

PS- This is also the game where Jeffrey Lockwood from Halls knocked the ball over the scoreboard at UT!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont understand if you guys think the owls are still better than halls then why didnt they win?the owls made errors and halls didnt so if thats why halls came out with the victory then their the best team

825656552[/snapback]

You're exactly right. At present Halls is the better team. Pitching is not the owls problem. They have probably four guys on any given day that could be the number one. They have been consistant all year. I would put them up against any other pitchng staff in the state. The problem is inconsistant hitting. If that comes around they will be tuff to handle. Obviously Halls has not had any inconsistancies. So yes you are the best at present.

You're exactly right. At present Halls is the better team. Pitching is not the owls problem. They have probably four guys on any given day that could be the number one. They have been consistant all year. I would put them up against any other pitchng staff in the state. The problem is inconsistant hitting. If that comes around they will be tuff to handle. Obviously Halls has not had any inconsistancies. So yes you are the best at present.

825656587[/snapback]

Good post onion, although your name is hilarious!

ok i thought the lockwood guy was the district player of the year the last 2 or 3 years whatever someone said..and youre trying to say he's not your ace, why wouldn't the ace win that award?

825656653[/snapback]

Lockwood is also a centerfielder and has offensive numbers comparable to what Todd Helton had when he was at Central. He's hitting in the mid .500s and has about 8 homers on the year and was leading the team in RBI the last time I looked. He's also unbeaten in about 6 or 7 decisions as a pitcher. He was the district player of the year during both his freshman and sophomore years.

Halls' ace is senior Daniel Larsen, a hard throwing righthander. Daniel is expected to be selected in the draft in June.

Who is in Halls district?

825656736[/snapback]

Karns, Powell, Oak Ridge, Clinton, Campbell County, Knoxville Central. It is a down year for the district in baseball, but Halls has played a tough schedule outside of the district this year.

Next year Knoxville West comes in as part of the redistricting.

Believe me, being a Powell guy (Halls biggest natural rival) it is hard for me to give Halls props, but I have to give credit where it is due. Halls is simply an outstanding baseball team this year. They have the pitching and the offense to get to the finals of the Spring Fling again this year. Their defense has been a bit suspect at times, but they seems to be putting that together at the right time, too.

guys lets keep the trash talk down. im a player at halls and the owls have a great team also. it was a good game but say what you want everyone knows that at a high school field them balls are gone. it could have been closer but it also could have been a blow out. jeff lockwood is anyones ace and is one of the most gutsy players i have ever played with. but d train is also a ace on anyones team so i guess you could say we have 2 aces. i dont understand how u all did not beat soddy daisy at least once with the team u all have. i think both teams will be in memphis and about the farragut game we therw our number three and the ump squeezed him and against farragut you have to be able to hit corners or anyone is going to be in trouble. and can anyone tell me the owls other loses because i heard farragut beat them.

Whats up bandwagon this is chief and I just wanted to tell everyone from both sides it was a great game and I really enjoy playing in this game. It was the best game of the season so far and definitly could be a re-match in Memphis! Ooltewah has a fine baseball team. I seen this game from the mound and the dugout and I dont care what anyone says, there was a stiff wind coming towards first base from left field! It was windy all weekend. We would of had atleast 2, Portwood, Larsen, and blacks balls would have been out at Ooltawah> We played coffee county at Your all's field and it is not big, and the person that said it 380 to center is crazy, I played center and it is not deeper than our field and ours is 370. Ooltewah has a great team but I give the edge to halls and this is not a bias statement, even though I play for Halls. And all the people that were saying that Ooltawah didnt throw there best pitching need to realize something. You all only scored 1 run on a throwing error! Halls is goona score runs on anybody in the state. I have played on some special teams, and this is probally the pinnacle of them all. Good game to all the owls and good luck for the rest of the season and hope to see ya in memphis!