what is better

asian invasion

i was just wondering, what do u guys enjoy more, playing for ur high school team or playing club soccer, what are some benefits of each and y would u do one or the other??

825655516[/snapback]

I'm not a huge club team "fan", but I can say that almost every college coach I know looks for what club you play for, or if you are on ODP, more so than highschool. And unless you have a very good highschool team, you wont get near as much attention as you would if you went to Dallas Cup or other nationally known tournaments.

Having said that, though, I just don't like some of the club mentality that often arises. Almost a higher than thou attitude that I have seen over the years. Not all clubs, mind you, but enough that I would think twice about playing for certain teams.

Edited by BigGExpress

I think there's a lot more credit for playing select soccer. How can you argue logistics between two teams where one plays year-round and the other plays for 3 months out of the year. Granted that your club team may or may not be that good, you can't dispute over the numbers.

Highschool is much more fun because for one, you have fans at the games! There is school pride on the line and you also see the guys you play with everyday of your life almost. Club is fun and really helps you improve as well as get recognition for college coaches but highschool for me atleast, is more fun.

Highschool is much more fun because for one, you have fans at the games! There is school pride on the line and you also see the guys you play with everyday of your life almost. Club is fun and really helps you improve as well as get recognition for college coaches but highschool for me atleast, is more fun.

825656008[/snapback]

It also helped that you were on a good highschool team, twinkles.