State Rankings as I see them and Why

gameball

Don't expect the rankings on Eurosport to resemble mine very much, I vote on reality and some of the coaches on there vote their team higher than they should OR also don't vote like they know it should be because they want to stay up. Lastly some vote and don't really know the facts about the teams they are voting for or against.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll explain it to you later.  Doing it on here would take things away from the thread. 

Anyone know why they have updated A/AA and Division 2 on Eurosportscoreboard, but not AAA?  I am curious to see how close Gameball's rankings are to them.

825657835[/snapback]

Obviously there were no changes in AAA even though everyone thinks Hendersonville should be #1. Could be the fact that their opponents win records are so low plus the amount of goals they have scored and the amount of goals they have given up. If that is what Euro bases their rankings on then there would not have been a change. Hendersonville did beat Brentwood but I think it would have had to be by more than 1 goal to make a ranking difference.

They did move Brentwood down to #2 on the overall Redmond 11 rankings - Hendersonville is #4 there.

Interesting.

i just dont think they have updated AAA yet there will be some changes i think it may look like this and why i think so

1. brentwood- they lost to h'ville yes it was thier only loss to a good team so i think they still might stay at 1

2.hendersonville- they are on thier way up

3.oakridge- they havent lost in 2 weeks must be doing somehting right

4.mcminn co had a loss but to a good team just think teams ahead of them are better right now

5. science hill had 2 losses but they were out of state

6. blackman- they havent lost while teams ahead of them have

7. Tullahoma- good team movin up will surprise people who dont think they are good

8.Gtown houston good wins not bad losses

9. greenville- lost to 1st quality team

10. bearden- only lost to a good micminn team

11. cordova- i have herd good things about them and tehy have a good record

let me know what you think just an idea not sayin i will be right at all

Edited by jordan11

1. Hendersonville HS (Hendersonville) They are good enough to be #1 in Tennessee. They proved it by beating Brentwood and keeping Brian Lowder without a goal.

2. Brentwood HS (Brentwood) They are a great team. I believe that they will play harder next time and they will go all the way to the state. Interesting to see how good they could be with a better coach.

3. Oak Ridge High School (Oak Ridge) An excellent team with a great coach. If they fix their goalie errors there is no telling how good they could be.

4. McMinn County HS (McMinn Co.) Another great team with a great coach. He know what he needs to do to win a game and he will do it.

5. Blackman High School (Blackman) Another great coach but he has an undisciplined team. I think they will not go very far at the end when it counts because of his players.

6. Tullahoma HS (Tullahoma) Their coach has proved year after year how good he is with his girls teams. He has very good control of his team something that will show later on during playoffs. They are a team that challenges every 50-50 ball 100% of the time.

7. Science Hill HS (Science Hill) Good team but they usually break down during playoffs. Who knows maybe this is their year.

8. Rossview One of the dark horses of the Region 5. They are very capable and they can play some soccer. And I might add well coached.

9. Bearden HS (Bearden) Great team excellent coach but they are lacking consistency this year. When they get it, watch out.

10. Greeneville HS (Greeneville) Very physical team but that is what their coach demands from them. Well coached. I think they can make a good run. With a little luck they can get there.

11. Houston HS (Gtown Houston) No question on my mind they will be there at the end. Wolfe is a good coach although he is the assistant. Very vocal and the players like him a lot. They would do anything for him.

12. Maryville High School (Maryville) Very young team but they are gaining good experience this year. They are not going to state but they will be there in a year or two.

13. Farragut HS (Farragut) Still a great team. Having some trouble as of right now with personnel issues and injuries but as soon as everyone is healthy they are still the team to beat.

good post but i still think cordova is atleast top 13

825658256[/snapback]

Thank you Mr. Holmes !!! My only problem with Cordova is that they have not played that many good teams yet. I do have to agree with you that they are a good team with an excellent coach. I believe that he used to coach Germantown years ago (correct me if I am wrong) but they need a little more consistency to be up there. Maybe with a good run in the playoffs we can squeeze them on there to make you happy.

true i may be wrong on this but dont they have a pretty easy way to state well atleast easier then alot of other teams

825658295[/snapback]

Right again Mr. Holmes! You are gaining my respect with your soccer knowledge my boy. I knew you were smarter than you are appearing on the boards. I do agree their

district 14 consists of

Bartlett High School

Bolton High School

Cordova High School

Millington Central High School

Munford High School

While district 13 consists of

Dyersburg High School

Hardin Co. High School (no soccer team)

Jackson Central-Merry High School

Jackson North Side High School

They should be able to make it down to their sub-state game easily and with some luck they can beat the region 8 runner up and be at state.

one more question you may be able to answer for me if we (blackman) make it past tullahoma and to state would we play them 1st round if they make it and then would we more then likely play winner of OR and brentwood or has this information who plays who not been released

825658344[/snapback]

Ok here is what the situation is so far;

1. Lets say that Tullahoma wins your region and plays Soddy while you are the runner up and play McMinn.

If you win that game then you go to Memphis to play Hendersonville.

2. Lets say that you won your region and Tullahoma got second place. You play at home against Soddy while Tullahoma travels to McMinn. You win the game, which is not as hard and you go to Memphis to play Cordova or Germantown.

Ok here is what the situation is so far;

1. Lets say that Tullahoma wins your region and plays Soddy while you are the runner up and play McMinn.

If you win that game then you go to Memphis to play Hendersonville.

2. Lets say that you won your region and Tullahoma got second place. You play at home against Soddy while Tullahoma travels to McMinn. You win the game, which is not as hard and you go to Memphis to play Cordova or Germantown.

825658354[/snapback]

soddy beta mcminn once so it could be oppsite mcminn could be doin the travelin