SPORTSMANSHIP & ATTITUDE !

brownbomber

They should have never let Jill Booth go. They were very fortunate to have such a great coach and a great person to coach that team.

In my opinion, the old school kind of coach is a dying breed. Discipline is frowned upon today by many educators. Coaches of the new school have their hands tied. There are very few school systems left (public) that will allow a coach to guide a team properly. Rewarding the ones that do good and disciplining the ones that are trouble is not the norm anymore. It is the exception. Too many of them will smile and act as if nothing is wrong while their own team is caving in all around them. Leadership skills have flown out the window with teams described by this thread. This problem is only going to get worse as the PC police has the newer coaches scared of their shadows. There is nothing better than a coach that can lead, take full responsibility and filter out all the distractions for his or her team. Very few of those left. I can only say that we have been fortunate to have a coach with ALL those qualities. A true "Old Schooler" that teaches and treats the kids as if they were his own.  :D

825660663[/snapback]

AMEN

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a father from Blackman that the Tennessean wrote an article about that was very abusive during the Blackman / Riverdale game. The column took up the whole left side of the page. What he said during the games would have caused a fight anywhere else. I was at work and didn't hear it but heard all about it.

The apple does not fall far from the tree!............ thumb

825659225[/snapback]

Lets not jump to conclusions. Are you sure this parent is that of the child that was ejected from the game?

according to your comment, you weren't at that particular game.  I beleive you stated you were at work but heard about it. Just checkin to see if you were sure.

825660842[/snapback]

The reason I am sure is because it was my daughter, the pitcher he was saying the ugly things to. Even the umpire heard him but didn't stop him. Fortunately, a very classy photographer from the Tennessean was on top of it. :D

The reason I am sure is because it was my daughter, the pitcher he was saying the ugly things to. Even the umpire heard him but didn't stop him. Fortunately, a very classy photographer from the Tennessean was on top of it. :D

825660848[/snapback]

well i know for a fact that it wasn't the particular players father because i know who was saying it. i was there.

well i know for a fact that it wasn't the particular players father because i know who was saying it. i was there.

825660851[/snapback]

Good thing this didn't happen at my kid's school the coach and AD both would have both sent that father or whoever it was packing. I guess I'm lucky to live were I do. Matter a fact before the first pratice both players and parents sign a code of conduct and guess what it works. Does that mean I have to agree with all the coaches desisions? NO. But I do resepct him and would hate to have his job trying to keep 17 players 34 parents happy.

Maybe other schools need to look into the code of conduct system.

I've got the video :D

825660867[/snapback]

I confronted the parent that was making some comments, and I apologize to you and your daughter, but I can assure you that it was not the particular player that was ejected from the Tulluhoma games parent. I'm just trying to avoid assumption and rumors from flying. Blackman is having a tough year and I realize the players do not have the discipline from the coach that they need. They have a ton of talent, they just need instruction. I'm not trying to start anything, but I do think your comment about the apple not falling far from the tree was uncalled for. By the way, your daughter is a phenomenal pitcher. I'm sure we'll be seeing her pitching at college level.thumb

Edited by putmeincoach

I confronted the parent that was making some comments, and I apologize to you and your daughter, but I can assure you that it was not the particular player that was ejected from the Tulluhoma games parent. I'm just trying to avoid assumption and rumors from flying. Blackman is having a tough year and I realize the players do not have the discipline from the coach that they need. They have a ton of talent, they just need instruction. I'm not trying to start anything, but I do think your comment about the apple not falling far from the tree was uncalled for. By the way, your daughter is a phenomenal pitcher. I'm sure we'll be seeing her pitching at college level.thumb

825660884[/snapback]

i do believe his daughter was ejected once too.

Do you know if she is kicked off for the rest of the season or if idefinitely?  I am not sure but I was told that she is a sophmore.

825660379[/snapback]

She was kicked off for sure. I dont know if they are going to let her try out for the team next year. It is a very complicated thing, they are getting fined from TSSAA. But as far as this year is concerned she is definately kicked off.

She was kicked off for sure. I dont know if they are going to let her try out for the team next year. It is a very complicated thing, they are getting fined from TSSAA. But as far as this year is concerned she is definately kicked off.

825660996[/snapback]

This one kicked off did she play 3rd and also pitch?