SPORTSMANSHIP & ATTITUDE !

brownbomber

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No she pitched mostly, she had black curly hair. She played short sometimes. The one who plays third and pitch is pitching most of the time now, I'm guessing.

825661160[/snapback]

Seems that particular father has not only acted up during the Riverdale/Blackman game but many others as well. I witnessed the 3rd baseman/pitcher and another pitcher actually laugh at the umpire when they didn't get a called strike. The dark headed (black haired) pitcher said "what the f**k" is he looking for those are strikes". I could hardly believe my eyes and ears, then while batting there was a strike called on her and she said "s**t" and rolled her eyes then proceeded to laugh at the ump. How pathetic is that! Someone needs to take some kind of control. Because it is apparent that the parents aren't doing anything to correct it!

Yeah it was the black haired girl that said what the **** is he (the umpire) looking for, etc. she said it to the 3rd baseman/pitcher and then they laughed. Such poor sportsmanship and lack of character. Makes me proud to know that my daughter doesn't have to be around girls like that on a regular basis. If I were the AD for Blackman I would have to think twice about allowing her to try out for ANY sport affiliated with the school. Girls like that leave a really bad taste in your mouth and it sure gives the other schools and players something to talk about. You should always lead by example and this is a clear situation where there is NO leadership!!

You should always lead by example and this is a clear situation where there is NO leadership!!

825661257[/snapback]

There is a problem with rule enforcement on some teams. Everyone on the team are told about the rules, some even sign a paper acknowledging they have read them. But, when they are broken it's not always enforced. Somehow if your the best player/coach's pet/Joe Blow's child/ or what ever, the punishment is either postponed/forgotton/or the whole thing ignored. I have respect for any coach that pulls a player(s) from the line-up for a rule infraction without having being made to by someone else or an official ejecting a player for misconduct. Phil Fulmer will jerk a player off his UT football roster no matter who they are in a heartbeat if they break one of his rules! ;) Edited by coachrt

There is a problem with rule enforcement on some teams. Everyone on the team are told about the rules, some even sign a paper acknowledging they have read them. But, when they are broken it's not always enforced. Somehow if your the best player/coach's pet/Joe Blow's child/ or what ever, the punishment is either postponed/forgotton/or the whole thing ignored. I have respect for any coach that pulls a player(s) from the line-up for a rule infraction without having being made to by someone else or an official ejecting a player for misconduct. Phil Fulmer will jerk a player off his UT football roster no matter who they are in a heartbeat if they break one of his rules! ;)

825661289[/snapback]

That's the way it should be done but just like you said if the child/player belongs to Joe Blow or his brothers daughter's cousin, etc. then the politics comes into play and usually NOTHING is done about it. If you have the rules then ENFORCE them or do away with them all together. If I were a parent of a child on that team I would push this to the highest and make sure that something is done.

There is a problem with rule enforcement on some teams. Everyone on the team are told about the rules, some even sign a paper acknowledging they have read them. But, when they are broken it's not always enforced. Somehow if your the best player/coach's pet/Joe Blow's child/ or what ever, the punishment is either postponed/forgotton/or the whole thing ignored. I have respect for any coach that pulls a player(s) from the line-up for a rule infraction without having being made to by someone else or an official ejecting a player for misconduct. Phil Fulmer will jerk a player off his UT football roster no matter who they are in a heartbeat if they break one of his rules! :P

825661289[/snapback]

Here Here!!

Guys,

What about the young girl?

This young girl obviously has some serious problems. If something is not done to correct this behavior now, she’s going to have a very hard life. The “World” will not tolerate this kind of attitude. I pray that the administrators at that school think about this child’s future and act appropriately. She should have learned a long time ago the lessons she’s sure to learn in the very near future.

BUT, SHE CAN NOT BE “Sentenced to sports death” for this, otherwise, what will she learn. I believe she should be kicked off the team or made to be a bat girl for the remainder of the year, provided she acts as a young lady should. Next year, she should have a chance to redeem herself and have a chance to earn back everyone’s respect.

If she continues to act the same way next year, then the AD may have no other choice than the completely remove her from all school related sports/activities.

I’m in no way condoning this type of behavior. If feel that an athlete of any sport should be held responsible for their behavior on and off the field.

But for now, this young person should be given a chance to fix the problem.

Just my thoughts…

Guys,

What about the young girl?

This young girl obviously has some serious problems.  If something is not done to correct this behavior now, she’s going to have a very hard life.  The “World” will not tolerate this kind of attitude.  I pray that the administrators at that school think about this child’s future and act appropriately.  She should have learned a long time ago the lessons she’s sure to learn in the very near future.

BUT, SHE CAN NOT BE “Sentenced to sports death” for this, otherwise, what will she learn.  I believe she should be kicked off the team or made to be a bat girl for the remainder of the year, provided she acts as a young lady should.  Next year, she should have a chance to redeem herself and have a chance to earn back everyone’s respect.

If she continues to act the same way next year, then the AD may have no other choice than the completely remove her from all school related sports/activities.

I’m in no way condoning this type of behavior.  If feel that an athlete of any sport should be held responsible for their behavior on and off the field. 

But for now, this young person should be given a chance to fix the problem.

Just my thoughts…

825661443[/snapback]

Totally agree. They are young and some are more immature. If a child becomes a problem more than once, or twice, that's where the parents should be handling it. In my opinion, as in my own childs situation, I would be getting to my kid and disciplining her before the coach would know what really happened. The field of play is not the place for disrespect, no matter who you are. We can only hope for them to get it worked out as quickly as possible.

I have seen in the last year, some kids that you would never think get their act together, to step up to the plate and take on their problems head on and turn EVERYTHING around. To me, that's the best story in this game. When the light clicks on and they get it. Their lives and their future is far more important than this game but, this game can teach you about real life if you let it. thumb

Totally agree. They are young and some are more immature. If a child becomes a problem more than once, or twice, that's where the parents should be handling it. In my opinion, as in my own childs situation, I would be getting to my kid and disciplining her before the coach would know what really happened. The field of play is not the place for disrespect, no matter who you are. We can only hope for them to get it worked out as quickly as possible. I have seen in the last year, some kids that you would never think get their act together, to step up to the plate and take on their problems head on and turn EVERYTHING around. To me, that's the best story in this game. When the light clicks on and they get it. Their lives and their future is far more important than this game but, this game can teach you about real life if you let it. thumb

825661463[/snapback]

ERA,

I don't know who you are but I appreciate EVERYTHING that you write. Your words are very encouraging and very carefully thought out. Thanks for keeping things in perspective. I also agree with you about parents disciplining our children.

Knock on wood !!! I have NEVER had that to worry about with my daughter, however if that were to ever happen she wouldn't know what got her. She has been taught to never disrespect her coach and her team mates especially in a public forum. Thanks for your ALL of your words of wisdom :P thumb

ERA,

I don't know who you are but I appreciate EVERYTHING that you write.  Your words are very encouraging and very carefully thought out.  Thanks for keeping things in perspective.  I also agree with you about parents disciplining our children. 

Knock on wood !!!  I have NEVER had that to worry about with my daughter, however if that were to ever happen she wouldn't know what got her. She has been taught to never disrespect her coach and her team mates especially in a public forum. Thanks for your ALL of your words of wisdom :D thumb

825661470[/snapback]

I just want to thank everyone for your input on this topic. This is something that goes alot futher than softball or any other sport. This is a problem that needs to be taken very serious and for the record, I hope this young lady can get back on the right path. I was not trying to put her in front of the firing squad. This type of behavior is something that I have been noticing everywhere for awhile. Just goes to show the way things used to be done, (ie, prayer in school and leaving the ten comandments on the walls) was not so bad. Again, I appreciate your feedback and concern.

I just want to thank everyone for your input on this topic.  This is something that goes alot futher than softball or any other sport.  This is a problem that needs to be taken very serious and for the record, I hope this young lady can get back on the right path.  I was not trying to put her in front of the firing squad.  This type of behavior is something that I have been noticing everywhere for awhile.  Just goes to show the way things used to be done, (ie, prayer in school and leaving the ten comandments on the walls) was not so bad.  Again, I appreciate your feedback and concern.

825663036[/snapback]

Coaching is like parenting, address the behavior, not the child. She shouldn't be made to feel evil, but she should be corrected for her totally unacceptable behavior. I really like the term "sports death". She may need sports in her life. Many of us learned social skills while playing on a team. Let's afford this girl a break and make sure she understands how badly her behavior is viewed.

If her behavior is effecting the team then some discipline program needs to be put in place with consequences that may lead to "sports death" if she is unable to respect authority. Of course that implies authority is in place!

This is a tough situation, I hope the parents from Blackman work together to get that authority in place. It will effect all the girls if they don't.

Ok ill go ahead and clear eveything up for everybody........I am the girl that got ejected twice out of the game. For whoever said that i was warned multiple times before being thrown out is definetely not true. That whole game was not even very serious for the whole team and i was goin with the flow. After not hitting all night i attempted to bunt down first because the first basemen was rather slow i noticed well being stressed i bunted it straight to the pitcher. I was called out and took my helmet off as a reaction. I said YES SIR to the ump twice and he still proceeded to yell at me. I said something that i shouldn't have said and i got the consequences i deserved. But just for the record i am the type of person that hates to lose more than i love to win. I do have a bad attitude and i have struggled with it my whole life. If you would have known me a coupke years ago you wuld respect me now for how far i have come. Im not making excuses for myself TRUST ME. And i can assure you that my parents arent like me at all. Thats a common misconseption. My parents are thoroughly embarrased but they are still behind me every step of the way.