Giles County

wneely

Giles wins what we like to refer to in Pulaski as a "huge" ball game tonight over the Page Patriots. Pierce looked like usual dominant self, only giving up his second HR of his High School career!

(TRIVIA: Someone from another school other than Giles County tell me who hit this home run and I'll give you a cookie!)

Giles continues to win games. By a bunch or by one run, they all count just the same and Giles County is showing that they are a force to be reckoned with. If they play smart, fundamental baseball (WHICH THEY ARE DOING!) they will be tough to beat, especially in the post-season.

Who cares if we get no respect? We never have in the past, so why start now! Maybe a district title and district tournament crown will silence the critics?

Giles gets my respect - they played great defense against Page with no errors. They did what they had to do to win. They got runners in position to score and got the hits to score a run and took advantage of other situations. I don't know who hit the other HR against Corey Pierce and I don't care about any stinking cookie anyway - lol - it's against my diet.

Giles Co. in years past has been at the top of the district at the end of the season. The tournament is coming up soon and it seems Giles struggles in this. They did play good defensively last night and Page made some stupid plays which ended up hurting them and Page never really did get their bats going until it was too late. As for respecting Giles, well If they keep playing well defensively then you have to respect them.