District 4-AAA update

643-dp

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevier Co played a good game, just couldn't hold farragut down in the 5th. Heritage is playing well, just coming up short. It looks like Farragut and SD may be tops again this year, but things could change in these last two weeks. How is everyone else finishing up?

Unless something drastic happens it looks like Farragut and SD will be the top two seeds, followed closely by Bearden.

I saw Bearden last night against West. They can swing the bats.

I'm looking forward to the Farragut - South Doyle game Wednesday. Does anyone know what time the game starts?

Unless something drastic happens it looks like Farragut and SD will be the top two seeds, followed closely by Bearden.

I saw Bearden last night against West.  They can swing the bats.

I'm looking forward to the Farragut - South Doyle game Wednesday.  Does anyone know what time the game starts?

825657972[/snapback]

Start time is 6:00 at the Ballpark at Farragut!

We'll save you a seat, Bizzazz! I'm guessing Hiwassee Vol and Soup Kitchen will even make appearances for this one!

Start time is 6:00 at the Ballpark at Farragut!

We'll save you a seat, Bizzazz!  I'm guessing Hiwassee Vol and Soup Kitchen will even make appearances for this one!

825658114[/snapback]

I told AdDad25 last week that I had to work Wednesday night, so sadly I will be a no show. Have fun, I'll miss being there. :D

Guru, my sometimes bad memory says that one of the tie-breakers is records against the highest seeded team. If Bearden and South Doyle end up with identical records, the first tie-breaker would be head to head. They split the season series, so if the next tie-breaker is record against the highest seed, then SD would get the nod based on defeating Farragut earlier in the year.

The 2-3 seed doesn't make that much difference if the tournament format is the same as in prior years. 2 will play 7 and 3 will play 6.

How do things stand between Sevier County and West? I think West's only district win is SC. What is SC's district record?

yes Bizazz, if there is a tie with SD and Bearden, SD owns the tie breaker by beating Farragut. The only advantage is that keeps #2 from being in the #1 bracket. Sevier Co got beat 11-1 by West at West and they play again tomorrow at SC. It ends up being the battle at the bottom. SC has been up and down. I believe they have lost 8 or 9 games by 2 runs or less, one of which was a 4-2 loss at Farragut. They are yet to win a game in the district. 0-12, I think. How do you see the standings for year end?

Edited by guru5

I looked at the CoachT standings and it appeared that some games were missing. The one thing we know is that Farragut is #1 and the Bearden and South Doyle will be 2 or 3.

It also looks like Sevier County and West will be in the 7-8 slots. If SC wins tomorrow, then what is the tie-breaker? Niether team owns a win against higher seeds. I'm not sure how the Blount County teams shake out. WB has played as well as anyone lately. They could be a dangerous team in the tourney.

Unlike some years, I don't know if it's necessarily a bad thing to be in the 1-4-5-8 pool. Farragut is not that much better than SD or Bearden.

When does the tournament start? Weather doesn't look promising for tomorrow. Will West and SC play Sunday if necessary?

I'm sure the District coaches will meet sometime next week to iron out exactly where everyone will be for the tournament -- so until that happens, all is speculation. However, based on past years, and on what I was told last night, I believe the D4AAA tournament will begin at Farragut and either SD/Bearden on Friday, May 6. The early game would be FHS vs. #8 seed; second game would be #4 vs #5. The next games would be Monday (loser's bracket), then Tuesday.

Now, if the tournament format has changed, who knows? :(